The Lewis "Elton" Hamilton Sucks Thread | Page 30 | FerrariChat

The Lewis "Elton" Hamilton Sucks Thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by nsxrebel, May 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    #726 daytona355, Oct 11, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2017
    • Inappropriate Language
    He has no right to do it, he is just a stupid fool who thinks it's what {other athletes} are doing, so he should, ignorant of their reasons (and I'm not making any political statement myself, save to say an anthem should command the respect of its subjects regardless)

2. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    So he hasn't actually done anything and yet he's being flamed for it already. Wonderful.

Caracciola likes this.
  3. Caracciola

Caracciola Karting
    BANNED

Just one question: Why do we have to play the national anthem of the host country before a sporting event, and why is there a flag ceremony and more national anthems after the race ?

Another question: Why are the people in sport supposed to "represent" a country?

That may look controversial , but I can't get my head around all that ...

4. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    He was talking about it and so people have expectations what might happen...It was him putting this up, not "us"....

daytona355 likes this.
  5. You guys have changed my opinion on this matter. :oops: Upon serious re-think, I agree.

tifosi12 likes this.
  6. I agree. I guess, at least re: F1 and other world championships I can justify. I don't understand when it's domestic sports more....I respect it but don't understand why it's done. :confused:

7. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Not true: He talked about it and is considering it. That by itself is beyond idiocy.

I have defended the guy on here time and again, but there is a limit. And kneeling would definitely cross that line. All those NFL players should be sacked.

subirg and daytona355 like this.
  8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Thanks.

He might as well burn a US flag in pitlane. Absolutely outrageous regardless of where your passport is from. As a non citizen he has zero rights to do it. And if he were a US citizen, it'd be totally tasteless.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. This upsets me so much, I should stop typing right now.

NeuroBeaker, 375+ and daytona355 like this.
  9. Caracciola

Caracciola Karting
    BANNED

I don't wish to start a polemic here, but isn't freedom of expression part of the US constitution? To me, this isn't anything more than a silent protest that's gone out of proportion. Aren't people allowed to protest?

10. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    I really wanted to stay away from this being that its an F1 forum....but oh well, here it goes.

1.) Originally it started with Colin Kaepernick (49'ers quarterback) and he was sitting during the anthem. It brought all the attention of the media. His cause: Black Americans and police brutality. An ex-Navy S.E.A.L. told him, I don't like it when you sit down, at least kneel.....and that's how it started; but now its (the kneeling) gotten totally discombobulated that everyone who is kneeling is for a different purpose.:rolleyes:o_O

2.) It's the venue where these protests are taking place. People just want these players to play American football and thats it. Its also the commissioners fault for letting these players " do what they want" as well as the some of the owners of the football teams. Hence, viewership has declined and fans have stopped going to the games and are burning jerseys. The feeling from fans here in the states is " Yes, you can protest, but do it on your own free time, NOT ON MY DIME!!!!"

3.) Military, mostly ex-military and veterans of all branches are outraged, during this protest, of what the American flag represents in it's ENTIRE HISTORY of the blood, sweat, and tears that it took to fight for this country; all races of all religions played a part.

4.) Now Trump and fans have swayed the owners, the NFL, as well as pressure from the advertisers/sponsors($$$$$$$$$$$$) to stand and pay respect to the National Anthem and the Flag.

daytona355 likes this.
  11. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Not taking this into P&R I just say this:

There is a place and a time for freedom of expression. A national/global sports event is not that place. To me this is as inappropriate as Meryl Streep abusing an Oscar speech for political propaganda.

We want to say racing not politics.

subirg, daytona355 and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  12. Caracciola

Caracciola Karting
    BANNED

I get all that, but playing a national anthem at a sporting event can be seen a nationalist propaganda as well, hence the protest I guess.

13. Caracciola

Caracciola Karting
    BANNED

Anthems are politic ! Just like flag waving, etc...

14. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    37 Years after John Lennon there seems to be more nationalism worldwide than he could have ever "imagined"....

Caracciola likes this.
  15. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Exactly

daytona355 likes this.
  16. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    The flag should be respected, people died for that flag, and she deserves respect. Plenty of ways to protest without this pathetic kneeling ********

tifosi12 likes this.
  17. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    No it's not, it's national pride expressed at a world class event..... that's all

18. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Yap...missed the race after first 3 laps...

19. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    I think he was asked about it.

To me it seems odd ... that on the one hand you would be proud of your freedoms and those who have fought for them, and on the other, you would want to prevent people from protesting about things in a peaceful manner. Change is always uncomfortable, but some changes are necessary.

Caracciola likes this.
  20. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Haha clever, one of my favourite F1 drivers and favorite musicians in the same thread.

You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one. I hope someday you’ll join us and the world will live as one.

Caracciola likes this.
  21. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Oh boy, what have I done? daytona355 likes my post.

I should stick to my daytime job.:p

22. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    You know my fav quote when it comes to FChat and the Fab 4:

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see. ";)

kraftwerk likes this.
  23. Caracciola

Caracciola Karting
    BANNED

Plenty of people die needlessly in unnecessary wars for the interest of a few. There is nothing to celebrate there IMO.

24. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    You honour their sacrifice, and the ongoing sacrifices. You also honour the opportunity the USA offers its people. Please don't try to demean it or argue for the fools that don't follow the protocols

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

NEP, jgonzalesm6 and tifosi12 like this.
  25. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    maybe Elton as weak knees...