360 ECU | FerrariChat

360 ECU

Discussion in '360/430' started by nchhotu, Oct 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nchhotu

nchhotu Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2007
    Roseville, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Looking at re-flashing the ECU's on my 2001 360 spider. I have upgraded the TCU to the CS TCU and have the CS exhaust system. After careful research im looking at having Mase engineering re-flash the ECU's. I have upgraded F1 pump also. My understanding is you will need the CS MAF's. I have them ready to go as well as the air filter covers. Any feed back would be great.

2. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    It's not necessary when tuning the car, but if you're looking to squeeze a little extra power out because of the diameter difference - lots of guys will do that. You will definitely need to get tuned because of the difference scaling if you're switching to those housings though.

3. nchhotu

nchhotu Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2007
    Roseville, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Nick
    I finished the CS ECU re-flash project and i am very pleased with the results. The car feels like its shed a lot of weight. Improved throttle feels much quicker and definitely feel more torque in any gear but especially above 4k RPM. This is how the Ferrari should have come out of the factory. With my CS TCU and the CS ECU it drives significantly better, Well worth it! After alot of research and feed back from many fchaters I had Mase Engineering re-flash the ECU's. Steve the owner is great and had my ecus reflashed and back to me in a few days. You will need the CS MAF's to do it right. You can pick up the MAF's at Ferrparts and or exotic auto recycling here in Sacramento CA for fairly cheap. Power gain is around 20hp but it feels more. Other than the CS TCU i have the CS exhaust.

Attached Files:

hessank likes this.
  4. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Great write up. I wonder if this is possible for a 3 pedal ECU?

Fabspeed Motorsport likes this.
  5. Virulosity

Virulosity Karting

Jun 26, 2017
    Orange County CA
    Full Name:
    Rob
    does it shift any smoother? I feel like my engine has a hard time keeping up with my CS TCU. Its like it doesn't cut power aggressively enough during shifts.

6. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    You can run CS MAF's on a manual car if that's what you're asking - the TCU stuff is not an option though since you're the one operating the gearbox.

7. redcarz

redcarz Rookie

Apr 17, 2007
    where did you buy the exhaust and how much, thank you

8. nchhotu

nchhotu Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2007
    Roseville, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Thanks. I don't see why not. Check with Mase Engineering on the ECU flash. Everything else should be the same.

9. nchhotu

nchhotu Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2007
    Roseville, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Nick
    My car never shifted badly with the CS TCU. i did notice better 1st gear clutch engagment and must cleaner throttle response in any gear. Very smooth engine now.

10. Virulosity

Virulosity Karting

Jun 26, 2017
    Orange County CA
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I wish we lived closer, I would be interesting to take each other for a ride and see what the difference is back to back. I noticed that vivid racing has a similar tune on sale right now, I'm pretty tempted if it makes the car drive significantly better. 20hp doesn't really matter that much to me.