What happened to ItalianAuto.com in AZ? | FerrariChat

What happened to ItalianAuto.com in AZ?

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by tifosi12, Aug 3, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    At the risk of a repost, I thought somebody in this regional section might know:

Today I went on www.italianauto.com and it was gone. This used to be a website from AZ (?) where they sold a bunch of aftermarket parts and did amongst other things 308 to 288 GTO conversions.

Anybody what happened? Did they go belly up?

2. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    288 Conversions? Sounds like Jim Carpenters old place in Tempe?

3. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I think that's the place.

They had all kinds of aftermarket parts, not just conversions. I had my eyes set on a bunch of stuff I wanted to buy. :(

4. AZLambo

AZLambo Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    #4 AZLambo, Aug 3, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
    A guy that lived near me (Butch Hooper, I think) bought all of Jim Carpenter's stuff, and kept the business going for a couple of years. I saw all of the body kits, parts, etc. that he had stored in a building in the back of his lot. He sold all of the stuff to a guy in Colorado a few years back. I don't know what happened after that.

5. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I used to go there when I was out in AZ. Don't know what happened to him. He used to have ads every month in Hemmings, but no more. Hey guys, what's been happening? I've been busy out on the Farm. lol! You CANNOT put a price on peace and quiet! That is for Sure! My son who used to ride along with me is now 20 and a Junior in college. Can you believe it! Speaking of which, I can't believe that my login stuff still works here! Been many years since I visited old Fchat..Probably won't be a few more since I do again. LOL! Just stumbled upon the Italian Auto thread while I was looking for another F car. I hope that everyone is doing well! Even all of the jags that I used to piss off with my med induced rants! lol! Ok gotta run, take care all!

tifosi12 likes this.
  6. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Was hoping to get one of those 288 GTO body kits to put on a 4x4 chevy small Blazer chassis with a big ass motor with a blower sticking out and zoomies. Now THAT would be freakin cool!!!!! (as the Ferrari purists faint LOL!) :)

ICULUKN likes this.
  7. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Looks like Frank is on another drug induced rant! :)

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Say hello to your son. I remember him when he was riding shotgun in your lovely 308.