Maserati Kyalami Fuel pump selector switch | FerrariChat

Maserati Kyalami Fuel pump selector switch

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Van Genechten, Oct 20, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Van Genechten

Van Genechten Rookie

Jan 30, 2015
    I have a broken fuel selector switch in my Kyalami. Probably other Maseratis with dual fuel systems of that era have the same switch BUT I am looking for a full black switch (like all my other switches in the dasboard. But on ebay and MIE, I can only find this switch with chrome look. Can someone direct me to the right provider to obtain a full black, original switch??? Many Thx Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. barnfieldman

barnfieldman Rookie

Apr 18, 2006
    Check out the alfa romeo montreal website, under switches there is a link to the manufacturer Ansor, though the alfa website says the switches can be fixed. You may have to purchase one with the chrome surround and reuse the black surround from the existing switch.
    http://www.alfamontreal.info/index.html#Switches

3. Van Genechten

Van Genechten Rookie

Jan 30, 2015
    First of all, many many thx for your support and by the way, I enjoyed reading this marvellous webpage on Alfa Montreal. What a full documented webpage!!!
    And I did what you suggestede me and I will make contact with that company and ask them if this will work. I openend the old black switch and in order to open it, you have to "destroy" the connection points of the axis around which the switch is turnig. I am afraid that rebuilding is not so easy . But I will for sure ask that company for advice !!!

4. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Is yours a dual fuel pump or actual dual fuel tank system? There are both systems on Maserati's. The ones with just dual pumps, one a backup, tend to have an ordinary DPDT switch located in the engine compartment.

Agrees about that Alfa website. Someone with good skills has done a very nice job. We could use that for for several Maserati models ... any volunteers?

5. Van Genechten

Van Genechten Rookie

Jan 30, 2015
    Yes, it is a dual fuel pump and each pump is linked to a gasoil tank. The switch select one or the other fuel "system" and provides at the same moment teh contatc between the benzine gauge and the selected fuelsystem/tank. My skills are certainly not at that level of teh creator of that Alfa site !!

6. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
  7. Van Genechten

Van Genechten Rookie

Jan 30, 2015
  8. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    If your switch is not mechanically broken try spraying electric contact cleaner (available at most discount parts stores) or WD40.
    Ivan

9. Van Genechten

Van Genechten Rookie

Jan 30, 2015
    Thx for the good advice. We tried it already but with NO succes and afterwards I opened the switch to see what was the problem inside teh switch. And in order to open it, I had to drill the rivet of the rocker axis out, that means that I can not not close it again like a new one