Maserati Global Sales Q1 - Q3 | FerrariChat

Maserati Global Sales Q1 - Q3

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by NEP, Nov 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    #1 NEP, Nov 1, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
    Maserati Global Sales 2017 Q1 - Q3

Commonwealth of Independent States - 19
    North Africa - 21
    Eastern Europe - 53
    ASEAN - 98
    Southern Africa - 122
    Levant - 129
    Latin America - 132
    Pacific - 670
    Gulf Co-operation Council - 857
    European Union - 7563
    North America - 11 311
    Asia - 13 134
    Total - 34 109 (+40% over 2016)

Top 3 Models:-
    Levante - 14 256 (+379.5%)
    Ghibli - 11 032 (-14.7%)
    Quattroporte - 4428 (-10.4%)

bay likes this.
  2. bay

bay Formula 3

Mar 13, 2011
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bernard
    Thank you .

NEP likes this.
  3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    There are still 4000 people buying new Gran Turismos???

4. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I saw a grigio (anthracite) with red interior yesterday and I must say that car in that combo is STILL just stunning.

5. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel

With China's economy ever improving, its citizens are now buying more and more upmarket cars.

6. Foncool

Foncool Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2011
    There is a significant number of new Maseratis that are sold in the USA, that make their way into the Chinese market.

7. Foncool

Foncool Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2011
    I assume that number is the sale of new Maseratis from SpA to the designated Maserati distributor in each market? From there you would the have the sale from the Distributor to the area dealers. Then in turn the sale from said dealership to the individual end user customer . While one would think all these numbers would wash out in the end, they don’t.

8. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Are you implying that there are a lot of unsold cars on dealer's lots or still with the distributors or both?

9. Foncool

Foncool Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2011
    Both, but that must be understood with the caveat of lag time to North America. A car leaves the factory and is sent to port for shipping. That car could sit in Export for a couple of weeks until enough cars arrive to fill the ship. Then that ship will spend a week or so at sea. Then when it arrives at the import dock (Maserati has 3 in North America), it will take another week or two for it to work its way through the system before it is on a truck heading to the designated dealership. It is not unusual for a car to sit at the dealership for a week or more before it is on the line for customers to see. That is easily 2 months between the time a car leaves the factory to the point at which it on a dealership lot for sale. And that is if all goes as planned, now throw in national holiday weekends, (or month August in Italy), weather events, strikes, etc. and you’re now at 3 months.

10. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    It was stunning. The latest facelift actually made it bland. I agree the original and esp the Granturismo MC sport are beautiful. But spending $150k on a car that is 10 years old (and was not really greatest and latest back then either!) takes a lot of love.

11. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    It weighs 300 lbs more than my Jaguar S-type R, a car that debuted in 2003, with the same power and costs almost three times as much. The Maserati has a way fancier interior and is a gorgeous car but that equation is a tough one.

An expensive but beautiful mistress that makes great moves and noises in bed? ;) The Maserati! My Jag is very attractive, quite nice, very quick and moans when pushed hard but no throaty screams ... :p

The depreciation is about the same which is what makes both terrific low mileage used cars