Stock Becker radio questions | FerrariChat

Stock Becker radio questions

Discussion in '360/430' started by wiscobadger, Nov 21, 2017.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wiscobadger

wiscobadger Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 20, 2014
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Cory Eastman
    I pulled my radio to replace the heater controls on my 360. When I try to push the radio back in I can't seem to get it to click into place.

Is there a trick to this? Could it be the tabs on the side of the radio aren't sticking out far enough? Looking at the sides of the radio slot I'm not really seeing where the tabs click in? I am pushing the radio in with decent force.

Also, I am not getting any sound through the speakers. The radio seems to function just fine, I've checked all the connections, yet I don't get any audio through either side. I've also tried both radio and tape functions. Nothing.

Any ideas? Feels like I am missing some super secret mute button or something : )

I've attached some pictures of the unit

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. BlacktopRacing

BlacktopRacing Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    Are you sure you didn't pinch the speaker wires trying to push it back into place?

3. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    You may have to reset the depth of the locking tabs on the radio itself. I had to do this on mine but I can't tell you exactly how

4. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
  5. wiscobadger

wiscobadger Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 20, 2014
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Cory Eastman
    Thanks guys!

I'll check out the locking tabs position to see if I can get it to click in.

Hack wiring job :) Yea... I'm on a mission to undo much of what the previous owner did or failed to do on the car. I'll take a closer look at the harness for the speakers. The radio powers up and appears to be functioning just fine.

6. Kevin Rev'n

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    wiscobadger likes this.
  7. Kevin Rev'n

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    You may also find this useful.

Attached Files:

wiscobadger likes this.
  8. wiscobadger

wiscobadger Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 20, 2014
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Cory Eastman
    Awesome resources Kevin. Thanks so much!!

9. wiscobadger

wiscobadger Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 20, 2014
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Cory Eastman
    Checked the connections and while not super pretty seem pretty tight. Guessing it got cut for an aftermarket unit at some point? Starting to wonder if the problem is with the head unit itself?

Also looked at the tab adjustments. I see where there is room to move them back and forward but not sure the best method to actually get them moved.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. shubchs

shubchs Karting

Aug 22, 2015
    Saint Paul MN
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Very interesting information. I will be high balling this until its eventual conclusion and hopefully it will help me with my little problem trying to get my nav working.

Sent from my SM-G930T using FerrariChat.com mobile app

11. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    It's a blaupunkt wiring connector if that helps with the becker plugs if you need another available on eBay.

12. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    As far as the locking connector, if i remember correctly, with the radio out and the removal tools in, you should be able to move the lock assy back. When you insert the radio back in the dash, hold the radio in place with one hand and pull the removal tool out one at a time. This will move the tab up add position it behind the dash for a tight fit. Going off memory, so if I'm wrong...well I'm wrong

Sent from my SM-G955U using FerrariChat.com mobile app