The Ontario Thread! | Page 892 | FerrariChat

The Ontario Thread!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by ClassicFerrari, Feb 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Is this the one FoO did recently that was bought from the original owner that sat in a condo for years ?

of2worlds likes this.
  2. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Yes, the serial number 14385 is the Daytona that sat for 25 years.

MS250 likes this.
  3. djempire

djempire Formula Junior

Apr 30, 2012
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Serf
    Washed and prepped the Ferrari over the weekend in preparation for the winter hiatus. It's going to be a looooong winter. :(

I'm 360 Canuck and of2worlds like this.
  4. asphaltca

asphaltca Karting

Nov 3, 2014
    Ontario Canada
    Hit a piece of 401 construction zone heading to the wine tour October 1st and suffered from multiple stone chips and a cracked windshield on my FF.
    Can anyone recommend a paint shop in Toronto that has oodles of Ferrari experience and a few reasons why they recommend them or ones to avoid. Thanks in advance for your replies.

5. maxflynn

maxflynn Karting

Feb 9, 2015
    GTA
    Full Name:
    David
    427 auto collision. Fantastic reputation. Always leading edge. Ferrari experience does not generally matter. Competency does.

6. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    427 struggled to match a colour on a repair job for me and could not get it right after two tries. Overall I was not impressed. On the other hand I have had several jobs done by Mr. John and their work has been outstanding each and every time. They have experience with all the high end brands and their colour match is always dead on. Pricing wise they are even better than most other quotes I have gotten so overall I don't shop around any more.

7. asphaltca

asphaltca Karting

Nov 3, 2014
    Ontario Canada
    Anybody have a good experience with European Auto body as Ontario Ferrari suggested them but I think the same owner owns both businesses

8. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Over the years I have had a few jobs done by European Auto and have been pleased with the results. In one instance I bought a car used that had some paint work done years previously by the previous owner at European Auto and the work had developed a strange failure in the clear coat. The receipt showed that they offered a lifetime warranty and European Auto did not hesitate to re-do all the work even though the car had changed hands.

9. maxflynn

maxflynn Karting

Feb 9, 2015
    GTA
    Full Name:
    David
    Oh really, what colour? 427 is factory approved for several OEM, including Porsche and Lambo. So pretty high end.

10. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    It was a yellow Mazda Protege 5 in which Mazda was covering the work under warranty. They painted sections of the car twice and I ended up with a car that was three shades of yellow. 427 has a great reputation and I went in with all the confidence in the world. My first hand experience was less than impressive so I don't feel comfortable recommending them or taking any more cars there especially since I have found a place that never disappoints in Mr. John.

11. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Sad but true. Luckily I made it in time two days ago with fresh fuel and some extra air in the tires. Winter sure came fast this year. This will be a long six months, only because the last 6 months wasn't great summer weather.
    Here's to the spring/summer of 2018 to everyone !

Nuvolari likes this.
  12. asphaltca

asphaltca Karting

Nov 3, 2014
    Ontario Canada
    Has anyone used Rock's Auto for a complete paint job?

13. maxflynn

maxflynn Karting

Feb 9, 2015
    GTA
    Full Name:
    David
    Is yours the black one I see time to time in Vaughan? Just curious, but why not just bring it to the dealer?

14. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    #22289 Nuvolari, Nov 11, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  15. asphaltca

asphaltca Karting

Nov 3, 2014
    Ontario Canada
    Thank you for posting Nuvolari. I had no idea about Rock's and although I have done my own service there will come a time I will need a shop with the laptop. Living 3 hours from T.O. with two Ferraris makes Ferrari ownership a bit of a challenge. I will need to get estimates for the body work and paint on the FF and was hoping to leave the car if the price/service seemed right. I still do not know how to go after the "loss of value" once the claim is processed and posted on the VIN search sites. A rough estimate based upon pictures provided were $50-60,000 for some stone chips, windshield, 3-M protectant film and head lights. If someone wanted to buy this car they would diffidently look the other way or at the very least want a serious discount due to the claim. All they would be privy to was the claim amount and the most novice of Ferrari buyers would think there was catastrophic damages when it was simply cosmetic. The paving company that left the road a disaster, claims no responsibility but it is their site and the condition it was left in is their baby. There are at least 20 other claims from that location called in to MTO. My contact at MTO said that most people do not know who to call. I was hoping the paving company would take care of the damage but after receiving the letter from them I decided it was time to call my insurance company. I run a paving business that also has a division that does road striping so I know full well that it is my responsibility to the motoring public to protect them and their property from damage. So if you ever have paint on your car from a road striping job you know who to blame but that is only if you are down here in eastern Ontario.

16. FCat360

FCat360 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2014
    Radical Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Lam, Blama Lam
    PM sent

17. FCat360

FCat360 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2014
    Radical Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Lam, Blama Lam
  18. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    No, it is the sound of a question being answered. I have no axe to grind but I have no problems sharing my experiences good and bad when asked and that includes the many different businesses I referenced in the past week on this thread.

19. isaydingdong

isaydingdong Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2014
    ny
    Full Name:
    Sy Sperling
    No, its the sound of a one handed clap

20. Fave

Fave F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2010
    Tarana
    Full Name:
    L. Ike Hunt
    Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned

21. ONSilver

ONSilver Karting

May 26, 2008
    Oakville, Ontario
    I've used Luxury Auto Body for years. Owner Richard Rodrigues has always produced the best quality work - touchups, chips and refinishing on my Mondial, 412 and 550, and really done a wonderful job on my Range Rover and Mini Cooper S. Perfect colour matches every time. Can't speak highly enough. He's done other clients Ferraris, Porsche and Lamborghini, Mercedes, BMW's etc etc. Very nice and honest and reasonable prices. 416-233-0768. He's at 26 Chauncey Avenue Etobicoke Ontario M8Z 2Z4.

Usual disclaimer. A very satisfied customer.

tbakowsky likes this.
  22. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    That's a nice assortment of driving styles, a 12 in the rear would be a great edition to your stable.

Any pictures of the 3 lined up ?

Other then the 550 being modern, Do you notice a different driving style between the 550 & 412 ?

23. ForzaYYZ

ForzaYYZ Karting

Sep 4, 2016
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Sebastian
    Here I go again; close to purchasing a 360 F1 coupe in the US for importation to Ontario. I'm really stretching myself, so I'd appreciate any suggestions on where to service in the GTA/York Region area. Looking for an honest shop in addition to being a highly skilled. I know of the usual suspects; Daytona, Sam's Garage, Rock's Auto, Caliber, but don't have any experience with them as this would be my first F-car. I can't afford to have someone take advantage of my bank account when I need service.

24. isaydingdong

isaydingdong Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2014
    ny
    Full Name:
    Sy Sperling
    Ferrari of Ontario

25. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    I have heard good things about European Automotive in Oakville. It is a little further to travel but they have a lot of experience with the 360 cars.

As for importing a 360 from the US it should just fall outside of the 15 year window that RIV covers making importation much easier and straightforward. If the car you are importing is 15 years of age or over (measured by the month/year plaque on the door jamb) then you will not need to import via the RIV and you will not need a recall clearance letter from the manufacturer.

If the car is coming from the US consider using TFX as your carrier. They are far and away THE company to deal with in cross border shipping of exotic and high value cars. Better still is that their rates are reasonable so you don't pay extra for the reputation. Good luck with your purchase.

cavlino and tbakowsky like this.