The best 4-seater or 2+2 super car ? | FerrariChat

The best 4-seater or 2+2 super car ?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Jordan68, Dec 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jordan68

Jordan68 Formula Junior

May 12, 2015
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Jordan W
    In your opinion pls and from your experience, what is the best 4-seater or 2+2 super car other than the FF or the GTC4 ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

S65coupe and it is not even close.
    Its actually better than the ferrari in my opinion: faster(not on track), cheaper, more reliable, more luxurious etc

Jordan68 likes this.
  3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    991 GTS or 991 Turbo.

But nothing touches the FF in terms of driving pleasure if we talking about 2+2

Jordan68 likes this.
  4. x599

x599 Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2010
    RR Wraith, Bentley GT, Mercedes S65 are the contenders here. In my personal experiance they are all great cars, each has its own advantages and disadvantages. Wraith is a special car, very comfortable and refined but offers no driving involvement. Bentley GT is refined, beautiful and can be sporty. The S coupe is just like any other Mercedes to be honest, great quality but doesn't feel special and is not emotionally engaging.
    The GTC4Lusso is surely the most exciting and sporting of them all. It's possibly the most exclusive of this group.

stavura, spyderman and randkin like this.
  5. Natkingcolebasket69

Performance wise i have driven all of them and the s65 kills all of those cars.
    I still own a CL65 from 06 which does the 1/4 mile in 10.5 the ff doesnt even do that. The S/CL are meant to be bigh autobahn cars and i have yet to see one being overtaken.
    Their interior is special with incredible tech features... problem is they lose so much value its not even funny...
    So hard to choose in that segment... maybe the bentley?

Cva71, Boomhauer and Jordan68 like this.
  6. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    All of those mentioned are fine cars but none beats the carrying capacity of the FF/GTC4. Of course, that was largely a result of FF/GTC4 Ferrari's answer to the SUV segment.

Natkingcolebasket69 and Jordan68 like this.
  7. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Not a chance. The GTC4 is noticeably quicker: http://www.zeperfs.com/en/duel6263-5375.htm

Nicky_Santoro and x599 like this.
  8. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    In terms of performance and driving experience anything other than the GTC is a huge compromise - IMO

Nicky_Santoro, x599 and deltona like this.
  9. Natkingcolebasket69

Please revert when with just a ecu/tcu tune the lusso beats a 12 year old cl65 in 1/4 mile;)

10. msgm1

msgm1 Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    NYC
    That is insane!!!

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  11. John Lommets

John Lommets Rookie

Sep 14, 2017
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    John Lommers
    I drove a Continental GT and replaced it recently for a FF. You can’t compare these two. Ferrari is both GT and supercar. The sound and emotional experience is awesome. Bentley is an extreme luxury GT, less a car for petrolheads

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met FerrariChat

12. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    So with a tune. Apples and oranges then. Typical...

Jaguar36 likes this.
  13. Natkingcolebasket69

Ok u want stock? Mine does 11.4 with a stock. Not apple and oranges.
    Look i own a TR and frequently drive new ferrari but this mercedes engine which is used by pagani is simply a beast.
    Now the cl65 cost 25 k used a tune. 1500 which combine is. 1/10 of the lusso’s price and there is no way the lusso is 10 times the car now...
    Of course the lusso is a better car but in a straight line i have seen that rentech car beat huracan, lusso, ff, gallardo etc
    Its a beast

14. Natkingcolebasket69

Again i know the lusso i a better car and handles better but just a little bbc video demonstrating the power of his engine vs aston and bentley.
    No wonder why the cl55 established the new coast to coast record across the us. See vin wiki

15. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I 've shown you the timed numbers. A stocj GTC4 is considerably quicker than an SL65. So your statement was incorrect. Seat of the pants (what an americanism...) is useless. Thestopwatch does not lie. The fact that a 6.3 litre N/A engine gives better performance to a nearly 2 tonne car compared to a twin turbo 6 litre is telling. My mechanic laughs out loud when he opens up a Ferrari V12 against an AMG V12.

16. Natkingcolebasket69

17. Natkingcolebasket69

18. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    CL65 and S65 just look and feel like a pumped up S class. No exotic curb appeal, no exclusivity and no comparison in performance. If you start comparing with a Renntech tune you should match up against Ferrari tuners. Have owned Mercedes, they are not a Ferrari and and a C65 shouldn't to be compared to the Lusso it's just not in the same class. Love my Lusso, its the best daily driver I've owned.

19. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    S63 is even better... lighter, faster, 75K cheaper, much more modern engine, faster gearbox, and lot more potential for engine upgrade

20. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Didn't you say S65? That's an S65...

21. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    I love S65s, had all 3 iterations over the years, all fully modded by Renntech but none of them can compare to Lusso in real life, that impressive acceleration people brag about is available only with mods and on slicks on a dragstrip.
    Everywhere else all that torque goes up in smoke from burning tires, these cars have very little traction on our significantly less then perfect roads.
    S63 on other hand is a different story but you can not compare it to Ferrari in emotion/satisfaction/feel terms.

Nicky_Santoro and John Lommets like this.
  22. Natkingcolebasket69

Agreed! But the lusso price tag is just not reasonable ; specially if u get a used merc ; put a tune and don’t track your car...
    But again the lusso offers tons of other thrills. I am just not a fan of its styling.

23. stan996turbo

stan996turbo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stan
    BMW M6 Gran Coupe competition package plus Dinan stage 1 ECU tune = 700hp

24. YAHABO

YAHABO Rookie

Feb 16, 2016
  25. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I would get the Ferrari and have a Mercedes or BMW sedan- but not the hotted up model. Just the regular one is fine.

x599, 350MH83 and otakki like this.