Portofino Launch and picture thread | Page 19 | FerrariChat

Portofino Launch and picture thread

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Traveller, Sep 4, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    more i see more i love it

Caeruleus11, 635CSI, XDINO and 3 others like this.
  2. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Very cool! Its probably the camera angle, but the T looks small compared to the other two. And the PF looks a bit wider, and even a bit more "exotic" looking....

3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    perrinnation likes this.
  4. bsawler

bsawler Karting

Dec 3, 2015
    Bay Area
    It's not just you - same here for me.
    I'm guessing it's a location thing... US isn't allowed right now?

perrinnation likes this.
  5. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    That was my guess as well...T

6. Griffon83

Griffon83 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2016
    Greece
    Full Name:
    Nassos
  7. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Caps
    Black caps , good idea, too many different shades of Gallo Modena on a car these days.
    Me, I could loose the shields but they have replaced re-sale red on the second hand market as a "must have".

8. Griffon83

Griffon83 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2016
    Greece
    Full Name:
    Nassos
    Go for the hand-painted shields, the side fenders are big enough to accommodate them. :)

9. OldDog

OldDog Karting

Nov 2, 2017
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    JJ
    I have been lurking here and anywhere else that has Portofino information. I finally pulled the trigger today and "ordered" my car....actual order goes out when the dealer gets an allocation, hopefully fairly quickly. The dealer did have the Portofino configurator up and running, even though it is not working yet on the Ferrari site (at least in the USA). No real surprises other than they have raised the base price to $214,533. Ouch. I did not have a California T but the option list looks pretty similar except that the rear camera is now a no cost option and presumably all cars have the proximity sensors (not on the option list). And since wheel size was a question earlier, the answer is that in the US the standard wheels and the forged upgrades are both 20". I did get a not very good B&W copy of the 49 page ordering manual so if someone has a specific question perhaps I can look it up when I next visit this site.

Color will be Argento Nurburgring with Nero interior, grey stiching, shields, yellow tach, black ceramic exhausts and dealer blacked out wheels plus the usual suspects on other options. Not everyone's look but I like it. Anxious to get the car and send pictures!

uhn2000 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  10. bpolsky

bpolsky Rookie

Nov 4, 2017
    Beautiful combo! Would you mind sharing the approximate total after all options are added on, please? No blacked out wheel option from the factory? When are they telling you delivery will be? Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I assume that hand painted shields are not indented into the fender? If so, could be easier to wrap, and then remove them when you re-sell? Of course, I suspect that painted shields are a spendy item...T

12. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Very nice, and congratulations. Did you spec the full electric (heated and ventilated) seats?
    T

13. Griffon83

Griffon83 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2016
    Greece
    Full Name:
    Nassos
    Not embedded, they don't make dents (sp?) on the fenders like they do with the standard SF shields

Standard SF shields on a GTC4Lusso. Notice the modifications in order to accommodate the SF shields.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Hand-painted shields

[​IMG]

Yes, it's a pricey option, don't know if you can remove them.

tomc likes this.
  14. OldDog

OldDog Karting

Nov 2, 2017
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    JJ
    @bolsky@tomc As for the wheels, the available Matt Grigio Corsa is not dark enough for my purposes. However, the factory will paint them any color you want (for a price). I want them black, but how black and how much shine? It might depend to some degree on the black trim at the rear and under the door. This varies with different Fcars and we have not seen a Portofino yet. So we are going to wait until the car arrives to decide. And it will be cheaper that way, although it will delay delivery until a few days after first viewing while the wheels are being stripped and painted.

As for the seat question, I did order the $6412 all electric package. The standard Portofino seats are electric 8-way and have electric up/down, forward/backward, seat back angle and seat tilt. The extra package also adds "pneumatic regulations of lateral parts", lumbar adjustment, adjustable length seat cushions, electric steering wheel column adjustment, heat function and driver side memory. No mention of any ventilation. If I could have sat in the car before ordering I might have decided I did not need the extra adjustments and supports (and in Florida I don't need the heat).

Other options not mentioned in my original post were the premium hi-fi system, the foldable rear seats backrest, aluminum footrests, grey horse stitching, and the carbon fibre steering wheel with LEDs.

Just over $244K plus tax out the door. Presumably the same price everyone will pay. As for delivery, I don't know. If the allocation comes though soon, it could be as soon as late June. More likely in Sept. But stories abound abound about long delays so who knows?

15. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    ^ Thanks! Extremely informative. For the shade of grigio/argento above, I don't think I'd go too dark on the wheels, and I'm generally a fan of black wheels. I like whatever color wheels my car came with - dark enough to hide dirt/brake dust (less time cleaning = more time driving!) but not too dark. Shown below on a sunny & an overcast day...T

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
  17. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Blu Medio is darker than Blu Sterling?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

18. Griffon83

Griffon83 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2016
    Greece
    Full Name:
    Nassos
    No, it's the opposite. There's also Blu Navy and several other Tailor Made blue interior colors.

19. tompletsch

tompletsch Rookie

Oct 24, 2014
    Germany
    I have to correct this: The Ferrari-sales guy told me yesterday, that there was an error in the German price list. The standard wheel is also 20".
    Sorry for that.

Maciek likes this.
  20. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    I would really like blu scuro but it only seems to exist as a colour for alcantara now. In our Cali we have blue scuro alcantara daytona stripes and central tunnel combined with curio. It looks good we think.

21. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Use a European proxy server

22. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I love it! However, it is an evolution of the California and anyone that says it is a new model is full of it.

catch the Motorsport booth in background! :D

23. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    that's not bad, only $10k more than a 2017 Cali T.

24. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Blu Sterling is the replacement for Blu Scuro. They might still be able to do Scuro but some complained it was too close to black/ dark grey. Blu Medio has some turquoise in it- at least to my eyes. Its brighter than Blu Sterling.