How Long before Lusso hits 100k below MSRP ? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

How Long before Lusso hits 100k below MSRP ?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by F2003-GA, Dec 23, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
    In reality, what's the difference between asking and sale price on these UK cars? If in fact there is a difference.

I'm still looking for an FF but the asking prices seem a little strong at present. A used FF approaching (or even over) £200k puts me into F12 territory and an F12 is far more likely to retain value which in turn makes it a far more affordable experience despite being a more expensive car to start with.

tomc likes this.
  2. FFantastic

FFantastic Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    UK Lussos are still on long delivery and apart from dealer demos there are only two cars on autotrader and both at near retail.
    All prices are negotiable but not by much in the case of the Lusso if any at all.
    Tidy FFs in the right colour combo are much in demand and the FF generally bottomed long ago. A few weird spec cars with high miles are showing a false bottom but hanging on until the price drops further for the more desireables is a lottery.

I don't see the Lusso dropping in the way the 612 did initially or the FF did initially, which in reality was only 40% typically in 4 years as it is very nearly all things to all men and probably the only V12 Ferrari that you can put miles on without it being unwanted. Plus I believe one factor has changed in the high end market as SUVs are the biggest seller across the board making the V12 Lusso the best compromise on the planet.

75 - 100k depreciation on a U.K. Lusso car in 3 years is only 30% or so which across the industry is right up there among the least depreciating. Of course F12s and especially 812s are in a different league depreciation wise but not everyone wants just 2 seats.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  3. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    The cars above lose more like 40-50% after 1st year when you want to trade them in.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  4. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I think my use of the word flip might have been misunderstood. My observation is these people are not going to trade their GTC4 in for the 812 or another car- they are using these cars and intend to use them for the next few years. That's exactly what I'll be doing as well. So I'm not quite so sure there will be the flood of cars on the market.

5. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    UK Lusso/FF values are unique in the sense it's a small market and many of the used
    cars get exported to markets with very high taxes.Making it an ideal market to buy new
    Lusso because the export viability will keep the values pumped up IMO :)

6. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Can you expand on this please, being British I was always of the understanding our RHD configuration reduced the viability of export sales.

7. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Case in point there are far fewer 16M's left on the UK than were originally delivered.
    Plus used Ferrari's get exported from UK to countries like India,Australia and Singapore
    where tax on new cars can run 100% or more but substantially less for used imported ones

21ATS likes this.
  8. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Thanks, got two incoming.

It’s not a premium was a £310 car........

9. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Depends on dealer, the privately owned businesses without “targets” like Meridien and Lovett are not traders and will wait for the right buyer. They usually have the best stock.

I would be looking at £5/10 on a 200/300 car.

21ATS likes this.
  10. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Very kind comment, I will have it back if market is soft....it’s a fabulous car. Hope enjoying yours.

11. FFantastic

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    And looks it, congratulations on the incoming

12. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Could I ask why you're moving it on so quickly?

13. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    IIRC, someone mentioned in another similar threads that most Ferrari tend to lose $80K once you drive it off the lot, and another $100K over the next few years (maybe next ?4 years).

14. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    I have a 70th anniversary coming in and, having been a very good customer for a long while, an early 812. Just not affordable for me to keep all.

21ATS likes this.
  15. bspeed

bspeed Rookie

Jul 7, 2015
    Lots of them for sale used at $320-360k.....has anyone purchased one used for less than $300k??

16. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    So for some context my 2017 $300k CaliTHS lost a fast $50k the minute I drove it off the lot and will start to drop from there. I really think its hit or miss and right now the Lusso (in Canada) is a hot product and once they have a few more the market will soften depending on what they do with the Lusso T and V12 allocations etc. Reality is that this is not going to be a high volume product for Ferrari so that may help limit supply etc.

17. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Loved your Lusso Scraggy, not sure where you go from here :(.. probably one the nicest ones I have seen!

18. vegasviper

vegasviper Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2005
    Las Vegas,NV
    there's a Lusso listed in the classifieds for $289K

F2003-GA likes this.
  19. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Were exactly :)

20. vegasviper

vegasviper Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2005
    Las Vegas,NV
  21. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
  22. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Ferrari 2+2's always tank in the resale market. My 456M had a sticker price of $237K in 2001, and I got it off the lot for $75K in 2012. And that price was only because it had 7K miles and was a rare Rosso Corsa/tan Daytona car. Higher mileage cars in silver were selling in the $45K range back then, less than 25% of new. For 612's the same, for FF's the same. Manual 456's and M's and the 612 manuals are the exceptions.

The 612's have maintained a little better than the 456's did, and I attribute that to the fact that the FF/Lusso design is so polarizing. When the FUV comes out, I think FF's and Lussos will be very easy to come by.

But I also remember when the 365 GTC/4 2+2's were cheap and nobody wanted one. Now there's a nice one at Ferrari of San Antonio for $400K!

I may be able to skip the 612 and go straight to an FF if the current trend continues. :)

23. FFantastic

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    I think you are wrong.

The cars you refer to as early examples were a scary propositions when used and out of warranty. They also needed expensive servicing without which they would be totally shunned.
    Plus the 456, sweet as the engine was, didn't make the hairs on your neck twitch like the 612 did and the FF certainly does.

Now is different, the world has moved on and the F cars are far more robust with free 7 years of servicing and upto 12 years factory warranty. The 612 (great car) was the last of the analogue period 2+2s and even that is now gaining ground rapidly. The FF has bottomed at around 55% of new price apart from a few dodgy spec cars and a few high milers they are holding or gaining.

Your logic is also confusing in saying once the FUV is launched the Lusso will suffer, I cannot see many Lusso owners (already compromised by having left field Ferrari) changing for an even more radical option. Adding one yes but not discarding the best alrounder to date.

benji_s4 likes this.
  24. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Every 2+2 in Ferrari history has tanked in the used market. FF/Lusso will be no different. The FF already is!

The flatline comes about ten years after the last year. Even the 612 isn't that old yet. Some FF's are already half the sticker price.

F1/a 612's will be cheap as dirt by the end of 2021, just watch.

25. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    I don't understand why a 7 year old car should be worth more than 50% of its original sticker price?

Caeruleus11 and G. Pepper like this.