Spacers on Lusso (for FF winters) | FerrariChat

Spacers on Lusso (for FF winters)

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by uhn2000, Dec 29, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Yesterday I did a quick pre-delivery preview of my Lusso. They had already put the FF winter package I had in storage on the car and the 10mm difference both front and back make a huge visual difference (kind of ugly). The FF winter rims (attached) look like they are being swallowed by the Lusso wheel well (will get a pic later). The mechanics are saying no spacers, I have put spacers on previous BMWs and Porsches with no issues at all. They are not recommending it due to the 4 wheel steer and potential rubbing but my position is that the tire is already smaller so whats the big deal? Anyhow I guess that means they won't sell them too me either LOL.

Lusso Summer (winter) = 245/295
    FF Winiter = 235/285

Thoughts on adding 10mm across all fours wheel on the Lusso?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

of2worlds likes this.
  2. FFantastic

FFantastic Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    I use Michelin Alpinas M&S which are 295x35 and 25x35. They look good and grip very well.

3. FFantastic

FFantastic Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    Sorry 295x35 and 245x35

4. not4one

not4one Formula Junior

May 23, 2010
    CT, FL
    Like you, never had any issues (on a 458, Cali T and F12), even when used for a few laps on track...but, no 4WS experience whatsoever. That said, given your wheels are now inset by 10mm (which indeed must look very awkward), I wouldn't hesitate to put 10's or 15's all the way round and just get a feel for it. For what it's worth, the Hill Engineering spacers are reasonably affordable and typically available in 11mm.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  5. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    I would go with what the dealer recommends and hope for an early spring!

6. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Thanks so much everyone. Spoke to a Ferrari mechanic (offline) and he is saying spacers won't be an issue as long as you keep them consistent across and the difference between the front and rears are the same as the factory settings. So if I go 10 or 11mm all around it will be fine. Here are some pictures of my dirty beast in the service area (pickup is next week).
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

of2worlds likes this.
  7. not4one

not4one Formula Junior

May 23, 2010
    CT, FL
    Yup...definitely in need. Otherwise looks great.

8. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    looks good with that stance.

have a brand new set of f12 wheels if anyone wants those for snows!

9. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I seriously have a problem, I am looking at my lusso pictures every couple of hours. The week wait to pickup is going to be tough eventhough we will be in FL. Will update once spacers are on :)

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

of2worlds likes this.
  10. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    I thought FF and Lusso have identical front wheel dimension and offset. The rear wheels of the two are different, with Lusso having less offset. I would think spacers are only needed on the rear wheels to bring everything to oem offset. Am I missing something?

BTW, I'm surprised the FF wheels mounted without spacers on the Lusso do not cause rubbing especially with the 4WS system.

11. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    If my pickup works out tomorrow then on Monday I am installing novitec spacers - 15mm for rears and 10 for fronts. This what they recommend for the Lusso, thought going 10mm all around was the safer bet?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

12. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Hmm...I have no idea. I generally try to make the spec as close to oem as possible. Please update us on how it goes.

13. yamashek

yamashek Rookie

Jun 5, 2006
    Looking good there! ;)

從我的iPhone使用FerrariChat 發送

uhn2000 likes this.
  14. unogib

unogib Formula Junior

Jun 26, 2006
    USA
    Any update here? I have a set of old FF rims I would like to mount snow tires to on my Lusso. Thanks in advance

15. Agpl

Agpl Karting

Jan 15, 2013
    Worcestershire UK
    Full Name:
    John Ranson
    I have used 10mm spacers on the rear from https://www.hillengineering.co.uk
    Fronts don't need anything the offset is the same as standard Lusso.
    They work perfectly if you require TPMS you may need to buy new sensor's but they are not essential.

16. unogib

unogib Formula Junior

Jun 26, 2006
    USA
    Thank you!