New Trick | FerrariChat

New Trick

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by Kevin Rev'n, Nov 8, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Well to me at least! I got caught behind some MC gang over the weekend on the H3.

They were taking up both lanes of the freeway so no one could pass them and they were going slightly less than the speed limit. Like ~45mph where we normally cruise at 80! They started their trick about 5 miles from the H3 tunnel all the way to the K-Bay lookout! There were about 100 cars backed up behind them and it took me a long time to figure out what was happening, other than my road rage building! There are so few off ramps in this 20 mile stretch that they back up the traffic to let the road ahead clear out (and box in any cops!) so they can race! After a couple of them peel away and race for the last few miles of freeway they eventually get out of the way for cars to speed up. Good grief was I ever a hot mess by the time I caught up to them. Neat trick I guess but no fun if you have someplace to be and get stuck behind them! Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 808Forza

808Forza Formula Junior
    Owner

Jan 5, 2013
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Gil
    It's stunts like this that cause headline news. I'd be right there with you, completely infuriated.they don not appear to be local riders but rather military and/or mainland folk bringing their mainland ways

3. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    Yeah right. The rice burners have been doing this for years on the H1. Road Rage is completely understandable. Of course the HPD always side with the punks.

4. Kevin Rev'n

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    They may do it on this side too but seems like they move faster as a group so it didn't bother me. Actually I was in my 360 so maybe they were letting me up to the front to race the next guy! ;-) On the weekends in the mid afternoon they congregate at those lookouts by K-Bay. Sometimes a hundred cars strong. I have seen the cops stop to talk to them a bunch of times. I always figured it was to tell them to move on because they don't all fit and cars end up parking down the freeway and walking back to the gathering!

5. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    I've caught up to these cruises on the H1 eastbound. Got stuck in the middle and they weren't happy. lol

6. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    formerly known as the ricer roadblock

7. Kevin Rev'n

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I got caught by the ricer roadblock this weekend! About 60 cars! At least this time I got caught near the end of the races...and I was in my Ferrari so it was good to be King for a few minutes. lol

8. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    I caught some stragglers on Kal Hwy in Niu Valley over the weekend. Idiots stunting and holding up traffic. Lots of wheelies, and guys standing on their bikes doing wheelies. Cop friends call them organ donors.

9. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

If I was there I would have probably wound up attacked, beat up, raped, and probably dead.
    The mouth that can't stop flapping!!!!!