Chili cook off Saturday | FerrariChat

Chili cook off Saturday

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by BT, Feb 8, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I know it is short notice, but we are hosting the Lotus Limited Southeast chili cook off at our house this Saturday (February 10) at noon. If anyone wants to join in, feel free. Please note here how many people you will have so we can be sure to have enough bowls, spoons, drinks, etc...

You don't have to drive a Lotus (I drive an S2000), and you don't have to bring chili. Sports cars encouraged. We have had people bring queso and chips, a seafood based chili, white chicken / turkey, etc...

Saturday noon-4:00
    214 Crescent Moon Way
    Canton, GA 30114

Bill Tracy

2. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I'd be interested, but I'm attending a plastic model show in Marietta on Saturday; besides, the weather will be cruddy. Enjoy it, anyway.

3. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    Wish we could. This Saturday is as packed as last week. Next time!

sjd

4. Lotus91

Lotus91 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2014
    the sad thing is most of the Lotus club members don't even own a lotus.. so why call it a lotus club ? that always bothered me.

5. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I joined the group because it is for 'Lotus lovers', and although I have never owned a Lotus, I had a Ginetta for about 6 years, and have always thought like Chapman in regards to what makes a great sports car. The Ginetta club here is unusually small, and consisted of one owner back then, so being the only member of a rare marque club is kind of pointless. Mick welcomed me to join in on the fun with my little car, and I enjoyed the group of gear heads that typically showed up for drives and events. The chili cook off was noted as a Lotus club event, because that is a tradition. I went to my first Lotus club chili cook off a few years ago at Dan Frye's house, and I thought it would be rude to have the same event and not give recognition to the club that traditionally holds the event. Funny thing is that on most of the Lotus club drives the Lotii are in the minority. I'm sure the weather had something to do with the non Lotus car presence (as well as having the event in the sticks where I live). I had a good time anyways.

6. Lotus91

Lotus91 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2014
    that's great.

7. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Bill, I wish you still had the Ginetta. It was lovely.

8. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Yeah, the Ginetta was absolutely awesome on a clear weather or cool weather day. Not so much fun in the rain. I miss it, but I have much more useful fun in the S2000.

BT