1/18 news | Page 27 | FerrariChat

1/18 news

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by furoni, Jan 14, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    I would guess that pricing will be in the same range as their other 1:18 models. No idea if it will be completely sealed or with an engine. But.... if the engine detail is as bad and fantasy - toy like as it is on their Scarab, then I would only want to see it as a sealed model.

2. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
  3. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    tifoso2728 likes this.
  4. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    One of my all time favorite Ferrari designs but very hard to replicate it seems. Have to see it in the resin to form an opinion.

Lusso123 likes this.
  5. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Are you talking about the TRC?
    I guess it's pretty similar to the 57 250 Tr (except for the pontoon ), so i won't be buying it...i would prefer the 625 beacause it's a very diferent model...but money is short..

6. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    Tell me about it...:)

7. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    I completely agree, and have been waiting for someone to make this in 1:18 or 1:12. It is most certainly a very difficult body shape to replicate. The nose does not look correct, but definitely have to see pictures of the real model when produced or one in person. Unfortunately Tecnomodel always only show retouched images, which are very misleading.

8. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    The 500 TRC is much different than any 250 TR. Body not at all the same, and engine is 4 cylinder.

9. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I know it's a 4 cylinder (unfortunatly with this model won't make any diference!). I personaly think both cars are very similar, body shape, windshield, i'm sure that side by side every litle thing will be a bit diferent but i think overall shape is pretty similar...

10. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I guess i was wrong..definitly more diferent than what i remenbeerd...

11. ursoenzo

ursoenzo Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2006
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Christian Rauch
    250 TR Pontoon, 500 TR and TRC is Scaglietti
    625 LM is carrozzeria Touring

12. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    Just received, and now in my collection! Beautiful model (well at least to me) 250 TdF, 1957 Paris show car from RGM Design. Made by BBR exclusively for RGM. Limited edition of only 36 pieces. I think this version is sold out now. I was waiting for them to make a TdF "street" version with the right combination of what I was looking for: Medium to dark non-red Color, Covered headlights, and preferably with fog lights in grill area. Sometimes what you want actually gets made! Pics are from BBR web site.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

furmano and tifoso2728 like this.
  13. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    Nice choice, congrats!

TdF still on my wish list. I guess I'll have to bite the bullit and eventually pay BBR's price for their version. It looks great.

14. David C

David C Karting

Jul 29, 2014
    Lusso: Congratulations on your acquisition; does this model check all the right boxes for accuracy, colors and features? I look forward to your remarks, and have passed on several purchases because of your valuable comments.

15. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
  16. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    Thanks David. Well.....for me this model works and goes far beyond good enough. I have not spent any time researching this car, but I know that RGM does to very good research, so I was comfortable with buying, and I believe it is quite accurate in most areas. However....with that said, RGM is at the mercy of BBR who's TdF models this is based on and who manufacturers the piece. So, while BBR does make very nice models, and generally better than most other 1:18 resin model manufacturers, you can also always count on BBR to miss something or screw something up. So I am sure there is something not quite right on this one, but it fits the bill for me, looks great and "goes far beyond good enough." I have no hesitation in recommending buying one of these.

17. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    It looks stunning Marshall, love the combo interior7exterior..it would look great besides my "comp" version :)

18. teegeefla

teegeefla Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    Full Name:
    Tom Gee
    I would love to see the "comp" version

19. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck

Yes it would.... and with the color and detail differences they would make a great pair.

20. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    See pages 22 and 24 of this thread for a few of photos of the comp version.

21. jmnov

jmnov Karting

Mar 15, 2009
    Lausanne
    You are so true! Just another example is the new F40 LM: the Alesi car n°60 is really good all details are almost correct, but the art car 123 is wrong.
    The Alesi car still had the front bonnet as the street cars with just the big opening on the hood, bt then all the F40 LM have a wider front bonnet with different shape in front of the front wheels and bigger headlights
    I've contacted them about it, after Nuremberg 2017 but no reply... and now all the next F40 LM are going to be wrong...

22. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    Which is a shame because I'm still looking for a good F40 LM. Maybe Looksmart will follow through.

23. jmnov

jmnov Karting

Mar 15, 2009
    Lausanne
    I hope too!
    I have the Davis & Giovanni F40 LM, which is to date the only correct LM...
    I really wait for Le Mans livery from Looksmart!!

24. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I will buy the looksmart..unless it's a total POS...it will be a lot cheaper than the BBR and hopefully they will get it right..or almost!