BEST-MODEL - FERRARI - 250LM SPIDER N 2 WINNER CLASS PERNIS VON TIROL INNSBRUCK 1965 H.WALTER | FerrariChat

BEST-MODEL - FERRARI - 250LM SPIDER N 2 WINNER CLASS PERNIS VON TIROL INNSBRUCK 1965 H.WALTER

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by francisn, Mar 1, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. francisn

francisn Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Berks, UK
    Full Name:
    francis newman
    I came across this model. Can anyone give me any info about the original car

2. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    Heini Walter had 250 LM 5905 converted to a Spider for a time in 1965.

3. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    ...the reason was that the roof was badly damaged in a previous race and Walter couldn't get replacement parts in time so ran it as a Spider. Details and a couple of pictures can be found in Marcel Massini's Ferrari 250LM 1983 book.

4. francisn

francisn Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Berks, UK
    Full Name:
    francis newman
    Thanks both. I would like to have Marcel's book but beyond my means at the moment. Spending too much money on my GT4!

5. Ferrari27

Ferrari27 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2010
    Francis. There was a copy on eBay in the UK in the last few weeks that was going for £25 when I looked. It ended up going for £53 and I wish I had bid £53.50! The book did, of course, have issues and the seller was incredibly upfront about them. It was an ex-library book and IIRC there were two pages torn out of the front and a couple of pictures cut out from further on.

I would have expected more from the users of our public libraries. Then again...!

The seller on eBay had gone to the trouble of finding a complete copy and taking scans of the pages that were missing/butchered and was offering these with the sale and, as he said, it was a perfectly readable copy of a very valuable book. I will not miss out on a chance like that again!

Good luck with your GT4 and I hope you both make it to some of this year's events.

Robert

6. francisn

francisn Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Berks, UK
    Full Name:
    francis newman
    Don't worry Robert. It's all just ongoing stuff and the car will soon be ready for a mammoth season's events including Matthias Bartz's Dino event in Maranello at end of June:)
    F