I just bought a Hamann rear spoiler....a few ?'s | FerrariChat

I just bought a Hamann rear spoiler....a few ?'s

Discussion in '360/430' started by RedNeck, Mar 11, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Well, I just jumped on a stellar deal for a used Hamann rear spoiler. It's being shipped to me this week, so I haven't seen it in person yet. I didnt look until after I completed the deal, but Hamann has 2 different part numbers for the spider and Modena spoilers..is the spoiler itself different or is it just the hardware?

Building on that, the spoiler will most likely not include any hardware. I didn't see a spot on Hamann's site to order just the hardware, but wondering if it available somewhere, or what can be substituted to mount it?

2. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    Ebay?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    No, craigslist

4. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    Incorporating the aero into the body shape to achieve downforce with a lower amount of induced drag than a wing or spoiler would for the same amount is one of my favorite features of the 360...

5. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    Why make a sow's ear out of a silk purse?
    I don't get all this RacerBoy stuff! Liberty Walk, wings and things! Drilling holes, etc.
    Even Zagato (who has done amazing work) blew it trying to improve Pininfarina's 348. Image Unavailable, Please Login

NeuroBeaker and I'm 360 Canuck like this.
  6. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I have the Hamann rear spoiler for the Spider. I'll take some pictures of the mounting when I get a chance.

7. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Not trying to go that far, just think a spoiler looks good on these cars...stock right now. LW is garbage.

Thank you!

8. Mel Spillman

Mel Spillman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2012
    Sugar Land, Tx
    The hardware is different. The coupe is much more angled than the flat spider rear deck lid, thus the hardware is not the same.

RedNeck likes this.
  9. BAD430BENZ

BAD430BENZ Formula Junior

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    Lunch is served..........LOL
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Drestless and RedNeck like this.
  10. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    amen

11. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I have an idea guys...if you don’t like spoilers, don’t buy one. This thread wasn’t to get anyone’s opinion. Mild mods done tastefully enhance the looks, that 348 above is not what I would consider tasteful and sure as hell don’t consider liberty walk either. But that’s besides the point...

tmvatlanta likes this.
  12. chnco

chnco Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Allen C
    No one asked for your opinion.

And your thoughts below are stupid based on the application of a spoiler, it sounds like you have limited knowledge of their use cases and appears you made an uneducated statement. Hope you enjoyed my opinion too.

13. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    I didn’t state any opinions regarding aftermarket bits in this particular thread (although others have), after all for instance my opinion is that blue is way better than the other colors but that’s just an opinion.

I did say how cool I think the stock aero is based on my understanding of how it works. Of course I’m no aero engineer so if you have a more complete understanding, I welcome you to share what you know so that we can all learn. That would be more productive than just saying my aero knowledge is uneducated.

14. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    The reality is most people don't really put a rear wing onto a Ferrari because they want to improve its downforce around a high speed corner, so aero efficiency takes very little importance in this debate. The vast majority of owners actually never even learn how to drive their car to its full potential before they sell it on. Regardless of if they customise their car or not. I seriously doubt that Hanmann ever got near a wind tunnel. Well before you start bolting on bits you'll be changing tires and adjusting geometry, or corner weighting if you get seriously into tracking the car.

Its really then just boils down to personal choice, to "differentiate" their particular vehicle or let it be an expression of their personality. Nobody should feel that they have to confirm to some peer pressure to keep it like it rolled out of the factory gate. If you enjoy the look, then go for it. They made enough 360's to ensure there will be plentiful supplies of museum garage queens well into the future to worry about originality. If resale value is important simply keep original parts and put it back to stock before resale...

15. BAD430BENZ

BAD430BENZ Formula Junior

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    :rolleyes: I don't think you have to physically write to it down for people to understand what you are getting at . I guess that's why most manufacturers made their high performance vehicles with a retractable wing , so they will perform worse at high speeds . Just because Ferrari didn't do that , doesn't mean it wouldn't help . Pretty sure the OP asked about mounting and mounting hardware .

Another reason a modified section would be ideal !!!

Drestless likes this.
  16. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Retractable wings or blades are there so that they can complete in the top speed "top trump card" games. Rear wings work well for downforce but aren't great for drag when going for a top speed record.

Active aero does and will play a more promenant role in the latest crop of supercars but it requires a lot of computer simulation and access to multi-million dollar wind tunnels to get right, not something your average tuner will ever have access to and even less important in the real world where the average driver cannot get over 100mph...

Also if your going to start doing aero in general you really need to balance the car out a bit so ideally on the 360 you'd also neeed to fit a real front splitter too and lower the car significantly to get benefit from 'ground effects' however to do that properly you need stiffer suspension and thus you continue. I'd say the biggest benefit you can do on the 360 without going crazy is to refer to my geo setup spreadsheet, fit modern tires and dial in fast road settings, fit a scuderia rear anti rollbar and uprated engine mounts and gearbox bush, finally widen the front track a bit with wider front rims. The front end washout on the track is the real thing you'll be fighting well before you need more downforce at the back. Once you get to that point you'll also need a heck of a lot better setup, significantly better rear toe (to stop it spinning out) and a lot more negative camber.

17. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    I mean, I don’t hate cars with wings, my 911 has a retractable one and I like the 911s with fixed ones too. I think it’s super cool the 360 can make the aero effect without it and having a wing on there isn’t necessary. And yeah I do like how the 360 comes from the factory with that regard, so you’re not wrong to read that into my comments but I purposely didn’t say anything about not liking a wing on it because that does get into the personal preference. Just like it’s fine for me to say hey I love the blue but it wouldn’t be cool to say I hate red ones and people who buy them are dumb because that’s just personal preference.

18. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
  19. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Drestless, RedNeck and 360trev like this.
  20. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    If it makes YOU happy (for whatever reasons) then it's a great part.

Who cares what others think? Are we all really that insecure in our beliefs?!

RedNeck and whatheheck like this.
  21. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    This is my Spider with the full Hamann body kit. It turns head wherever it goes and attract crowds nonetheless. People can't believe that it's a 15 year old car.
    Folks, it's only a car ... and you can't take it with you. And yes, the body kit does add an additional 350HP to the engine. I dyno'ed it. Enjoy doing what makes you happy! :)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. MAXF430

MAXF430 Karting

Nov 16, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joey
    RedNeck likes this.
  23. chnco

chnco Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Allen C
    Man, I’d be hard pressed to drill a hole!

24. MAXF430

MAXF430 Karting

Nov 16, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joey
    Just curious, what scares you about drilling a hole?

25. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Thanks so much guys. I think those cars look great, may not be for the "purist", but I think those are tasteful mods. I'm not too incredibly worried about drilling holes, I have a Grigio Titanio 360, nothing rare about the car at all.