I just bought a Hamann rear spoiler....a few ?'s | Page 2 | FerrariChat

I just bought a Hamann rear spoiler....a few ?'s

Discussion in '360/430' started by RedNeck, Mar 11, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ty423

ty423 Karting

Jun 9, 2015
    Socal OC
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Car looks great with the kit. I also have the full add-on kit but on a black berlinetta

MAXF430 likes this.
  2. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I said this on the mod thread, and considering I have probably modified more cars then probably everyone who has posted on this thread combined, I do have a unique perspective. I do not agree with every modification I have seen done, but the fact that it is now being done without ridicule (which when I first starting lurking on here it surely was not even changing wheels was taboo), and that for the most part being accepted is a good thing. I has always believed no car is perfect out of the box for me (and obviously others as well), and OP you did not ask for my opinion about putting a spoiler on your car, so I am not going to give it. When someone wants to put on a set of 22" chromed wheels that weigh twice what the stock wheels do, and thinks that is will improve handling, then it is my duty to inform them that they are wrong. But in this case all OP wanted was advise on how to get hardware, I probably would taken the path of making sure if the hardware was not part of the deal that it was able to be sourced before I made the purchase, but I assume it was such a good deal that it could not be passed up. What I am saying in my roundabout way it that maybe we could refrain from giving opinions when they are not asked for. I bet we are all do things that not everyone agrees on, or thinks is in good taste, but that's what makes us all who we are. I have been fortunate enough to never meet anyone remotely like me, and I never want to.

3. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    You are correct...in fact it was almost a "too good to be true" deal, but the seller has been very responsive, I guess we'll see when (if) the UPS man comes:p

And you are right, i'm not ricing out the car, just like the looks of the spoiler, or I will get it, see it in person, not like it and sell it here or ebay...who knows, it was worth it..I mean, it could be worse...

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. houtie123

houtie123 Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2007
    Cape Town, RSA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Do what you want - and enjoy doing it .
    Sharing your idiosyncrasies in a blog will inevitably rouse opinions. - I think that is what a blog is for ...
    But please don't let self important demogues play the troll police here - we're all Tifosi - and last time I checked it was a democracy

5. MAXF430

MAXF430 Karting

Nov 16, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joey

I think that it’s unfortunate that just about every time a member wants to share a mod that he did or wants to do other than a clear bra, radar detector, or preventative maintenance mod, he gets blasted for it. It happens ALL the time here and I just don’t get it. You would expect that type of attitude from a Bimmer or Benz forum but I find that members there don’t blast each other when showing a mod that they did well or bad. Ferrari’s and owners are considered the Elite in the car community and IMO it’s sad that most F members talk **** and blast others when posting their personalized cars. Perhaps I missed the Purist Baptism. :eek:

6. basscase415

basscase415 Karting

Jun 10, 2017
    CA
    All owners should be enthusiastic for other owners' mods-- either because you genuinely like them, or because they make your own car more desirable in comparison.

7. chnco

chnco Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Allen C
    That’s where I was going, the way that Members GO OUT OF THEIR WAY to negatively comment on someone’s modification is mind boggling to me. Unless it’s relevant to the conversation or the OP is explicitly asking, why are people giving other car enthusiast a hard time?

I would think a group, what I assumed, mature adults would have a bit more respect. It’s quite disappointing, I’m still glad that there are many helpful Members who go out of their way to help our Community. Would love to see this spoiler in person at the next Corso!

RedNeck likes this.
  8. tmvatlanta

tmvatlanta Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2017
    Covington GA
    Full Name:
    Tam V.
    CCRider66, BAD430BENZ and RedNeck like this.
  9. MAXF430

MAXF430 Karting

Nov 16, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joey
    Thank you! Your Berlinetta must look awesome with the kit.

10. MAXF430

MAXF430 Karting

Nov 16, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joey
    You have a sweet 360 Tam.

tmvatlanta likes this.
  11. BAD430BENZ

BAD430BENZ Formula Junior

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    I belonged to MBWorld forever and was one of the people that heavily modified their C63 and i never got any negative comment about how i changed my car....like i do here .

Exactly my point in trying to get a separate sub-forum for modified cars . What would happen to FerrariChat if all the modfriendly members started speaking negatively to all the purists and constantly jumped on the "which OEM tire" , "car value" or "another tire and wheel" threads and started blasting them ??? I would be willing to bet that we get booted from the forum for it .

Times have changed people and the days of being an old man in a robe , smoking a cigar and going for a cruise are not the only thing that happens in a Ferrari anymore !

12. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Another dead sub forum for no one to visit? It will be like a forum for circus sideshow acts but with no spectators. No thanks. Besides, if someone's feelings are constantly hurt because someone else doesn't think that the mods they did to their car are for the better, a different subforum is not going to help. And for what it's worth, I say that as someone with one of the more modified 360's on Fchat (maybe anywhere).

By the way, back in the day, no one wore robes and cruised in their Ferraris. They took them to the track and ripped around in them and serviced them in their driveways. No, they didn't drive through Pep Boys with magnets on their Ferraris so everything could fly off the shelves and attach themselves to their cars but they still modified their cars extensively.

13. mathewr

mathewr F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2011
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Wheel Guru
  14. djempire

djempire Formula Junior

Apr 30, 2012
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Serf
    This thread is sliding off the rails. We can all appreciate that Ferrari is known world wide as an exotic icon, deep race pedigree and a work of art right from the factory. I believe most folks on this forum (and perhaps most exotic forums) are afraid that modifying a Ferrari (in bad taste) will cheapen the brand, and with it, tarnish its image.
    My opinion: an aftermarket wing doesn't belong on a Ferrari. Unless it contributes to dedicated track based performance. Just my $0.00002.

15. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    its discriminatory but it's the way it is. MB guys are different that Ferrari guys. Ferrari guys do mods with some type of purpose. To add a wing to a Ferrari is sacrilegious to many of us. If you don't want opinions or comments, don't come to fchat. Or if you want positive comments about adding a wing to your Ferrari maybe try the MB board?

Sent from my BBB100-3 using Tapatalk

16. BAD430BENZ

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    Another dead subforum ??? Looks like anything below the "model specific" area gets a ton of traffic :rolleyes:

I would be willing to wager just about everything i have to prove that a modified section would get daily traffic unlike the lower side that hasn't seen traffic for days , weeks , hell if not months !

Now this is classic ! You guys around here act like you are the designers and creators of all things Ferrari .

So you are saying that MB guys don't mod cars with purpose o_O

Maybe you should go over to the MB board and educate yourself on how they do things over there and see how many people mod "for a purpose" . Wanna bet they mod more with a purpose over there than they do here ?

17. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Been there done that. German cars today are what Japanese cars were 20 yrs ago - for kids.

18. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    And fwiw it's I own a few German cars and jap cars so no knock against them. Spending time on those boards - That's another story.

19. chnco

chnco Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Allen C
    Haha, this is funny. I bet you’re the type of person in a meeting that says “because we’ve always done it that way”. Get with the program, your “kids” now the ones driving the pricier cars. They’re the ones with the most spending power right now, so be careful how you phrase that.

20. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I'm 41. My kids aren't driving for a long time. Didn't understand your post and don't worry at all about me.

21. BAD430BENZ

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    This couldn't be any more precise !

I started off with the turbo Hondas and Acuras , moved on to supercharge an AMG and now i have my twin turbo Ferrari .

22. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I'm all for making Ferrari go faster!

23. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Regardless of options, I'm yet to find a car which offers exactly what I want or is set up to drive the way I like it right out of the factory, so most fast cars i own are improved on in some way, particularly the handling setup.

Ferrari is no different, they use the same big brand names that everyone else uses such as Bosch. There are so many conflicting requirements to build a car, not just that but many compromises done for simplicity of world sales too, so absolutely yes you can improve on pretty much any car from a performance perspective, some more than others.

Looks wise, as I've grown older I've started to prefer more subtle changes or upgrades. A lot of aftermarket styling parts don't consider the whole design language of the car, if it's done right specifically for that model it can work but often or not generic wheels or bolt on bits simply don't work.

Regardless of any of this if you have something like a Hamann spoiler and you love it DO IT, it's your car, your money, your personal choice!

BAD430BENZ likes this.
  24. chnco

chnco Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Allen C
    I’m not worried about you at all. Did you read what you said? You said German cars are for “kids”, that would be the kids that are able to drive a vehicle, not your personal kids. Not too hard to understand.

And you do know that the word “Jap” is derogatory, right?

25. ItalGerBrit

ItalGerBrit Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2016
    S La
    Agree with all said in the quote but also believe that sticking stuff on a beautiful car floats your boat and makes you happy then do it. Just ignore the majority of Ferrari owners that think that aftermarket body work is a no no.
    But, that wing will look good to the ricers and in "tha hood" but it looks like cheezy, cheap, hammered crap to the majority of car guy/girls. Especially the traditional Ferrari owner. Mods like that eliminate a lot of potential owners when it is time for you to trade up. Plan on pulling all the crap off off before you list it for sale and hide any evidence that the junk was ever on the car. The majority of Ferrari buyers like them unmolested. My advice would be to sell that wing on Ebay or Craigslist before you even pull it out of the box.