So long 360/Hello 430 | FerrariChat

So long 360/Hello 430

Discussion in '360/430' started by Carnut, Mar 13, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Well I dropped off the 360 to Algar this morning, and I have convinced them to leave the car as is and put it up for sale with all the stuff I did to it still on the car. I am also giving them all the stock parts. So the car has Film, Scuderia Audio sub, Alpine stereo, new speakers and amp. Custom steering wheel, CS exhaust w/controller, CS TCU (real thing not a clone), and an Enzo style key! Car has everything even flashlight and window sticker. Someone is going to get a great car with a lot put into it. I just got finished going through everything that I am putting into the 430. Considering I only had the 360 a few months (and probably put 100 miles on it), it has been a pretty expensive 3 months. I am not going to list what I paid for everything but lets just say it was close to 15K. Oh well you only live once.

Sonicsound and bball16 like this.
  2. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    yikes that's an expensive 3 months!

post some pics of the 430!

3. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    It was but I've had far worse. Probably be about three weeks before the 430 is ready to come home. I will post photos as soon as I can.

Sonicsound likes this.
  4. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    This thread sucks without pics!

5. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    what kind of work/mods are you having done on the 430?

6. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    There's no need to take it out of the car for the sale. For the people who love that stuff, it's hard to reinstall. For those who don't why a sports car should have all kinds of added equipment, it's easy to take out.

I pulled about 60 pounds of very high end, expensive stereo equipment out of my 360: a sub, CD changer, amps, crossovers, all kinds of wiring, etc. etc. It hired the local stereo guy who does all the installs for everyone in the local FCA and he did it in about 4 hours without disturbing anything else. No big deal.

7. BlacktopRacing

BlacktopRacing Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    I hate to break it to you, but the car is probably going to end up at auction.

8. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
  9. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I am putting in Fabspeed headers, blankets, and cats and a baffle controller. Car has a brand new clutch, and the film guy will be coming to do his stuff as well. Getting a full service and new PS4's. Car is spec'd nicely so all I need is a Bluetooth steaming adapter, don't go anywhere without the dead.

Sonicsound likes this.
  10. recoil

recoil Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2007
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I was eyeballing that 360 before you bought it. I went off and bought a 430. I really like it. Enjoy yours!

Steve

11. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Thanks Steve. The 360 is really a very nice car, but I was offered a deal on this 430 that I just could not turn down, and I was able to have it done at Algar exactly the way I wanted.

Sonicsound and recoil like this.
  12. cavlino

cavlino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2002
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Carm Scaffidi
    Nice! What year is the 430?

Sonicsound likes this.
  13. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    It must be an '07 because it looks like a 60th anniversary car.

cavlino likes this.
  14. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    It is a 07, and after all the cars I've owned the only one I ever regretted selling was my 06 430 gearshift, so even though it is not a gearshift I am very happy to have another. I once said I would never own another Ferrari, well I guess I should stop saying never.

Sonicsound and cavlino like this.
  15. modenasong

modenasong Rookie

Dec 3, 2009
    Don't see you car listed on the algar website. Perhaps you can post the Vin so we can track it when it comes back to market.

16. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I was there this morning signing all the papers (already handled the financial part), and giving them a list of everything that is on the car and the costs. I think they already have a couple interested parties. I don't think it is going to last long enough to even get relisted on their site.

17. My 1st

My 1st Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2017
    Gladwyne, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I was at Algar yesterday and Francis showed me the car. I can attest it is absolutely sanitary. And the polished 430 muffler sounds totally wicked. No, this car isn't going to auction!

18. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Turns out after I gave them the list I dropped 18k into the car and only drove a few times (weather kept it inside) oh well, at least the next owner is going to get a really nice car. I was hoping to see the 430 in my garage soon (all the parts are there), but it seems the film guy is once again who we are waiting on.

Sonicsound likes this.
  19. My 1st

My 1st Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2017
    Gladwyne, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Film?
    Not ceramic?

20. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I have had good luck with films like xpel and suntek, though on red cars I prefer suntek brings out the color somehow. For me taking care of my cars is part of the experience of owning them, so I still use clay bars, waxes, polishes, and buffers. I will have plenty of work to do once the weather realizes what season it is (as you know we are expecting a foot of snow today), and the 430 comes home, the 4C, the Evora 400 and the Porsche come out from storage. I just got a new Rupes and I will be breaking it in.

Sonicsound likes this.
  21. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I knew the 360 would not last long, it was sold last week.

22. Sonicsound

Sonicsound Karting

May 14, 2017
    My friend and neighbor Carnut - congratulations on the 430! It is a beautiful car. I was with him at Algar last weekend and saw both the his 360 and 430 in the shop. They were sandwiching a 355 (I can post a picture if it’s ok). Can’t wait till April 2nd when the 430 will be in the hood. We will need to take a proper test drive. This man knows how to pick cars!

23. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Thanks, but in the case of the 360/430 both cars sort of found me. I was not looking for another Ferrari back in early December of last year, but I just happened to see the 360. The 430, well as I said I went in to pay for the clear bra that was done on my girlfriends car, and suddenly the words I cannot resist came to my ears "Have I got a deal for you".

Sonicsound likes this.
  24. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I heard the 430 start up yesterday (I noticed two of the techs put on there sound deadening headgear before it was fired up), it actually sent a chill through my body when I heard it with the valves open and they only revved it to 3000 rpm's. I thought the 360 sounded good, it sounds tame compared to this. I guess I will not have to worry about music, or conversation in this car. I am so glad I had the valve controller hardwired in this one.The film guy is supposed to do this thing on Monday, and if that happens and it does not snow again here, on Tuesday, I will be bringing them my 4C for its yearly service (I don't trust the local Alfa dealer) and bringing home the 430. I am heading over to Algar later this morning, that blue McLaren has peaked my interest.

MalcQV and recoil like this.