Stock Manifolds & Exhaust Brackets | FerrariChat

Stock Manifolds & Exhaust Brackets

Discussion in '360/430' started by NVH, Mar 13, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NVH

NVH Karting

May 3, 2012
    Cedarville NJ
    Full Name:
    Nowell Herman
    Hi All,

So here is my question, I would like to keep my car all stock, I currently have 7,700 miles on my 2006 F430 and its all stock at present.

BUT I am concerned with all that I have read about the stock manifolds and exhaust brackets failing. I will drive my car about 1,500 miles a season and I will not track the car.

AM I RISKING my cars engine by NOT switch out stock exhaust.

Thanks for your input!

2. BlacktopRacing

BlacktopRacing Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    A Capistro exhaust bracket can certainly help, but I don't believe it will eliminate all risk. There is risk of the manifold self-destructing due to any NVH associated with hard driving period. So, unless you plan to granny the car 100% of those 1500 anual miles, replace the manifold.

Dale

whatheheck likes this.
  3. NVH

NVH Karting

May 3, 2012
    Cedarville NJ
    Full Name:
    Nowell Herman
    So what brands of headers should be looked at

4. NVH

NVH Karting

May 3, 2012
    Cedarville NJ
    Full Name:
    Nowell Herman
    I guess it’s time to look into header replacement.

Can I used stock Ferrari muffler with new headers?

What brands are out there fabspeed, Capistro and ???

5. BlacktopRacing

BlacktopRacing Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    I don't often suggest searching the forum, but when I do, it's because of a topic that's been covered to death. So, do a search.

Also, did you notice how I worked your forum name into my last response? Hopefully, everyone knows what the acronym stands for. :)

Dale

6. NVH

NVH Karting

May 3, 2012
    Cedarville NJ
    Full Name:
    Nowell Herman
    No NVH means? o_O

7. KBR54

KBR54 Karting
    Owner

Sep 23, 2017
    Sylvan Lake Alberta Canada
    Full Name:
    David Garratt
    NVH and BlacktopRacing like this.
  8. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    I would recommend replacing them just for piece of mind. Even a small chance of a blown motor wasn’t worth it to me. I would go with the top speed headers they are a great product at a vastly lower price then the competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NVH likes this.
  9. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    With the 430 it depends how you drive it, if you have a look under the engine you will see it has a flat panal with 2 small inlets to draw air into the space. My thinking is that if you red line the engine in the low gears you are overheating the manifolds, as you are putting lots of heat in the exhaust but not doing a lot of speed. ie you are not getting enough cooling air over the manifolds, does that overheat the manifold and pre cat ? I think it does not help.
    I fitted the Capristo manifolds with blankets and brackets, the difference of temp in the engine bay is very noticeable. Exhaust expansion of 3/4 inch can be seen on the brackets.