Opinion on 1990 348 TS - Toronto | FerrariChat

Opinion on 1990 348 TS - Toronto

Discussion in '348/355' started by matt11131, Mar 13, 2018.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. matt11131

matt11131 Rookie

Mar 13, 2018
  2. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    The pics are hard to tell—they look filtered. The red carpet makes the tan interior semi-tolerable. Low kms. Looks like a Tubi exhaust?

3. boxcarracer

boxcarracer Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2005
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    Haven't seen it in person but my $0.02:

Do all ts models lack the defrost lines in the rear window?
    There are some wires dangling from the center console in front of the shifter.
    What's that bag where the toolkit should be?
    The marks on the lower front bumper look like it has been flexed (or scraped?).
    Exhaust is aftermarket (but that's not a bad thing).
    Some black carpets laid on top of the red floor would hurt the eyes less.

Since they're a dealer they should be able to provide a Carproof. Where are you located? Best go give it a look in person.

4. 88MONDIAL

88MONDIAL Formula 3

Apr 13, 2005
    Racine, Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Jim Smith
    I love it and the color combo can't be beat. Yea, not sure what those wires are doing in that cubby in front of the shifter, but the car looks great!

5. Drock28

Drock28 Formula 3

Jan 13, 2013
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    I watch almost the entire used Ferrari market in Canada daily..
    this car has been for sale for a while.. and likely the reason for the 10k price drop.

don't know the dealer.. but my biggest pet peeve, with used Ferrari ads.. is when the seller does not offer a single piece of info about the car..other then year, model, kms.
    which is exactly this case.. drives me absolutely insane..

fine they may see it, if someone is serious they will call.. but at same time tells me the seller does not understand the Ferrari market.. where potential buyers appreciates to see as much info as possible on the ad. or worse they don't have the info..

as for the car.. seems like a unique interior.. decent shape, otherwise I see much of the same already mentioned above.

6. Drock28

Drock28 Formula 3

Jan 13, 2013
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    also looks to be missing the exhaust heat shield..at rear of engine bay.

7. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I may know this car. Give me a day or so to verify

8. ghardt

ghardt Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Looks like lipstick on a pig. I doubt the carpet was originally red. The AC panel does not appear to be working correctly; some of the fan speed bar lights should be on. The lower front spoiler definitely needs repair, looks like they just re-painted it without doing any fiberglass repair. Shift knob has a large crack. Seat color doesn't match the door panels and dash. Driver's side interior door handle looks rough. Paint looks too nice considering the condition of the interior. IMO, looks like the dealer got a rough car and did their best to make it appear moderately presentable. Ask the dealer to send you detailed photos of the underside of the car, that will help more. If you like the car, have a PPI done with compression test.

Good luck. Enjoy the search, it's part of the experience.

9. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    No, it likely was. It’s not super common but it’s not exactly rare either. In the UK, much more common with crema seats instead of the peanut butter tan. I personally hate hate hate tan interiors, so the red carpet to me makes it a bit more tolerable....but I’ve come to love crema/red, especially in person—it’s very cool.

Anyway, this car probably had this interior to begin with. It’s notable on various Ferraris from the period.

10. ghardt

ghardt Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    The car in question is definitely a North American car. It's rare to see a Red exterior North American 348 with red carpet even from Canada. Red carpets in UK and Euro of course, but not in NA That's not original carpet or color.

11. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Again, you’re making a broad assumption. It’s not common, but certainly possible that it’s original. I’ve seen other North American cars with relatively uncommon combinations like that. For you to come out and just flatly say it’s not original based on no evidence is wrong.

12. ghardt

ghardt Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    The OP asked for opinions. I gave mine. Regardless, I like red carpets. I'm entitled to an opinion.

13. ghardt

ghardt Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Brian, Does your Blue/red 348 have red carpets?

14. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    #14 bjwhite, Mar 15, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    Yes, although some red interior cars have black carpets. A black 348 in Texas has red interior with black carpets. Same concept with this car. Carpets and lower door panels match the carpet color.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

See mine, with red and red carpets.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Jasonberkeley likes this.
  15. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Not faulting your opinion, just your blanket statement that the carpets and lower door panels are not stock.

16. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I looked at that exact car in Dallas about 10 years ago. Was owned by Barry Larkin. Wondering if this is the same car since it is in Texas and rare colour combo

17. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    I think this is the same car on youtube. Texas plate says MODENA.

18. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
  19. Dolcevita

Dolcevita Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 5, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Gas gauge is in oil gauge position and vice versa. Doesn't really matter but makes you go "hmmmm". God only knows what the wires are for that hang in the center console. Looks like a hole was cut or punched to pass them through. Interesting that the lower body panel and partial deck lid are still the original black. Often these are painted to match the body.

20. POLO35

POLO35 Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2005
    Treasure Coast Florida
    Full Name:
    MATT
    Not too bad 54k us it looks like a 48k ish car those are some of the worst pictures I've ever seen ever....quality sucks

21. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    Truth.

22. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Good observation. How the hell could they screw that up?

23. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    They were probably misplaced when the panel was removed for de-stickying. Easy to do.

24. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Aahhh....

25. Dolcevita

Dolcevita Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 5, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Craig
    That was my impression. That's why I said it didn't matter. I look at those gauges a lot so the photo really jumped out at me.