Maranello Concessionaires Sales Brochures. | FerrariChat

Maranello Concessionaires Sales Brochures.

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Ferrari27, Mar 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari27

Ferrari27 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2010
    Maranello Concessionaires in the UK have produced lots of great brochures over the years but the ones I am interested in here are the ones that show pictures of the Ferrari range in each year from 1988 to 1991. They are A4 sized and have an F40 on the front, either a photograph or a representation of the car's silhouette.

Apart from the one for 1990, none of them have a date on the front and so the only way to identify them is from the print date on the back. I thought that I had 4 of the 5 that I want but now it seems that there was more than one printed each year. Were they always printed at the end of one year, for the year ahead, or were they printed in the year in which they cover? Was there always more than one printing every year? Mine have print dates of 10/87, 3/89, 10/89 and Sept. 1990, and are all different, but I have also seen ones for sale online which are dated 10/88 and 5/89. Did they just print more when they needed them? What are the differences, if any, other than just the print date? Were they even designed to cover a particular year or were they produced continuously with more being printed when needed and changes made as the range of cars changed? Does anyone know of any other print dates and how many of each were produced?

The one I have which is dated 1990 on the front has a print date of 10/89. Most of the ones I see advertised online just say that they are from 1989 etc but this is clearly not enough to identify them precisely.

It seems that as these are not official Ferrari publications they are not advertised as accurately, or as easy to identify, as if they were numbered 506/88 2M/1/88 or 506/88 3M/6/88, for example.

I want to make sure that if I buy one online I know what questions to ask to understand what I am getting!

Thanks in advance,

Robert

tifoso2728 and of2worlds like this.
  2. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    of2worlds likes this.
  3. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    I would guess they printed as and when but you could try asking Tony Willis at the Maranello Archive

4. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Fun brochures that are usually dirt cheap on ebay.

5. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    #5 jtremlett, Mar 21, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    I have already emailed Tony.

A quick search on ebay shows that there were previous versions with a 288 GTO on the front and later with a 512 TR as well.

Jonathan

6. Ferrari27

Ferrari27 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2010
    The ones I am asking about are these:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login

The top one here is dated 3/89 and the bottom one is 10/89. The first one has pictures of the Testarossa, the 412, the Mondial T (but no picture of the cabriolet) and the 328 GTB & GTS. The later one has the F40 inside, the Testarossa, both the Mondial T and Cabriolet, and the 348 tb & ts. I guess I will have to look at them more closely. If there is one printed 5/89 I wonder which of these two it is most like?

7. Ferrari27

Ferrari27 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2010
    Yes. Lots of them around and while nothing special, are a very "nice to have". They were obviously sent out to other dealers to distribute too as I have one with a Graypaul Nottingham address on the back. All the others have an empty box for the dealer's address.

Robert

8. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Tony Willis has very kindly replied. He says he has no idea as to how many were produced. He believes he has a complete set which comprises:
    10/1982 F1 car front cover - 1983 F1 car on front cover - 1983 GTO front cover - no dates for the following: testarossa old/new front cover - testarossa - F40 cover 10/87 - 10/88 - 3/89 Mondial t inside - 5/89 - 10/89 red cover - 9/90 - 1/91 - 512TR front 7/92.

Apparently they were intended for the general public and the dealers could personalise them and there were never enough. Probably that explains the multiple versions. They quickly ran out so more got produced but with any relevant updates each time.

Jonathan

Nembo1777, of2worlds and Ferrari27 like this.
  9. Ferrari27

Ferrari27 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2010
    Jonathan. That is a wonderful answer, thank you and please thank Tony too. I am interested in the F40 ones so you have provided me with all the print dates I need. Thank you again.

Robert

Nembo1777 and of2worlds like this.
  10. turbo-legs

turbo-legs Rookie

Feb 18, 2018
    Full Name:
    James Hinton
    I'm searching for a 1990 or 1991 copy of the official brochure with the Graypaul stamp on the back as Robert has.

My copy is pristine but without a dealership stamp.

If anyone can help me to source one I'd appreciate it.

Thanks guys
    James

11. Ferrari27

Ferrari27 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2010
    James.

I have managed to obtain all of the ones I wanted quite easily. Most of mine have no dealer stamp on the back although I do have ones with Maranello Concessionaires, Nigel Mansell Sportscars and Graypaul Nottingham. They can be picked up quite easily on ebay from various sellers but most of mine came from Pooks Motoring books in Rothley, Leics. I think they trade on ebay under the name of Motoring Magpie. I went to their shop not long after starting this thread and it is an amazing place. I am sure they would look through what they have to see if they have any with Graypaul on. Good luck!

12. turbo-legs

turbo-legs Rookie

Feb 18, 2018
    Full Name:
    James Hinton
    Thank you for the response. I've contacted all eBay sellers but there don't seem to be any Graypaul copies available at the present time.

I'll contact Pooks Motoring books directly and ask them to investigate

13. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    I have a few, maranello concessionaires and even Glenvarigill in Edinburgh but no Graypaul.

14. turbo-legs

turbo-legs Rookie

Feb 18, 2018
    Full Name:
    James Hinton
    Thanks anyway.

You guys are so helpful. I've hardly posted on here but I'm liking the community spirit.

I've usdd plenty of the threads though whilst working on my car!

gt4me likes this.
  15. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Neat. I would be curious what a 512TR version looked like.

gt4me likes this.
  16. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    Rosey and Auraraptor like this.
  17. Chad Thomas

Chad Thomas Karting

May 21, 2019
    Sydney, Australia