FF interior refresh needed - Carbon | Page 3 | FerrariChat

FF interior refresh needed - Carbon

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by hammertime, Mar 11, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. varg

varg Rookie

Mar 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    vikernes
    WOW! nice job!!!

2. RallyMaster

RallyMaster Karting

Nov 6, 2015
  3. RallyMaster

RallyMaster Karting

Nov 6, 2015
  4. RallyMaster

RallyMaster Karting

Nov 6, 2015
  5. vegasviper

vegasviper Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2005
    Las Vegas,NV
    wow, very nice work!

6. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    That is gorgeous stuff

7. RallyMaster

RallyMaster Karting

Nov 6, 2015
    It is a lot of work, but for me it looks nicer with Carbon.
    If you planning to upgrade to Carbon, check with your local dealer which parts you need. If you add the passenger display check with your dealer the correct one, some older production models need some extra parts like the CAM box, also the cars prom needs to be updated with software.

The dealer needs to ask to the Factory for a software update for your car, and they will upload it to your cars system, this is the tricky point as some dealers only want to do that if they carried out all the work as well. Also check before you start your warranty on the car with your dealer, ask what are the consequences if you do it yourself, this might be an issue if you doing it yourself.

If you only do the Carbon update and NOT the passenger display, the car also needs to go back to the dealer for a electronic reset and a system cycle check. This needs to be done because the dashboard airbags were disconnected and the steering-wheel was removed, it will give you a system error which seems to be normal according to the workshop manuals...therefore a system cycle check is needed...Make sure you use the right tools and spades...

Good luck!!!

Nathan360 and Boomhauer like this.
  8. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    What carbon supplier did you use.

9. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Nicely done, and great tutorials! Good to see all those photos!

10. RallyMaster

RallyMaster Karting

Nov 6, 2015
    Official Ferrari parts

11. MedinaCustomClassics

Dec 7, 2006
    Medina, Washington
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    Hey Rally Master, don't need the exact amount, but what was the factory carbon parts?

What would you estimate the total time was?

What a wonderful upgrade, well done!

12. MedinaCustomClassics

Dec 7, 2006
    Medina, Washington
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    What did you do with the other parts (silver) that were not carbon options? Paint them? Gray, black?

13. RallyMaster

RallyMaster Karting

Nov 6, 2015
    Dear Medina Custom Classics
    I replaced the carbon, bought it by a official Ferrari dealer, I changed carbon, the passenger display, and a complete new steering-wheel. I guess the total price I spent on parts is between 15-20K euro inc. VAT.

If you noticed on the pictures the bracket of the radio was not replaced into Carbon, at the time it was not available, be careful when asking for it, as the size of the Apple radio compare to the Becker radio are different, I tried it, but the Apple screen is smaller and it will not fit.

The time I spent I didn't record, because all parts were not directly available, I guess all time I spent was about 4 days.

The parts which came of the car were not used again, I have them here in its original colour.

14. RallyMaster

RallyMaster Karting

Nov 6, 2015
  15. RallyMaster

RallyMaster Karting

Nov 6, 2015
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    The Carbon bracket for Apple play radio is a little bit smaller total length is 20,5 cm. It will NOT fit the Becker radio system.