Anyone planning to go to Haynes Museum Cars + Coffee this Sunday? | FerrariChat

Anyone planning to go to Haynes Museum Cars + Coffee this Sunday?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Bluebottle, May 3, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Having missed it last month, I am thinking of going along this Sunday. Anyone else planning to go?

2. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Not this week; hopefully on the boat with a bottle or two of wine!!

Have fun; should be good.

3. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
  4. 100badboy100

100badboy100 Formula Junior
    Owner

Sep 15, 2016
    Devon- U.K.
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Hi

I maybe going along will know for sure tomorrow afternoon what my plans are...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

5. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    LOL. Drunken sailor...never:)

Hope you have a good weekend.

I should be able to go to the June one; just need to find somewhere to stop off and get a coffee before turning up!

6. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Yes, the queue in the cafe is more than a little annoying.

Maybe we should identify another venue to start a "South West Cars and Coffee" of our own, as the Haynes events can get fairly crowded with a lot of not very interesting cars. If we could find a suitable venue, we could start with members of this forum and invite other SW Ferrari owners and then maybe invite owners of other appropriate marques to come along, too. Does this idea appeal to anyone?

7. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    I like that idea.

I've only been to a few "cars and coffees" and to be honest the only one I've liked is the Prescott Hill climb, it is lower key and a bit more civilised, unfortunately its not that frequent. Queens Square in Bristol is too many boy racers/ricers and traffic wardens, Classic Hub in the Cotswolds is ticket only....you get the picture.

Not sure if anybody else is a FOC member (seems to be a marmite club for Ferrairs owners) but they don't seem to do anything SW way. Cotswolds group is very active, but too north for you guys to gate crash!

We just need an initial decent pub/café with owners at are understanding/helpful.

How about we pick a spot midway(ish) between us and see if anybody knows a decent venue? I'm SN146AP, so a bit north of you guys but happy to run out on a Sunday morning (cars need to be driven!!).

8. 100badboy100

Owner

Sep 15, 2016
    Devon- U.K.
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I'm up for that

Will have a think on venue....

Somewhere like powderham castle comes to mind.....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

9. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Not quite midway, not even ish! :D

I have one or two ideas which I am going to investigate.

10. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    My back gave out on me this morning as I bent down to put the dog's lead on, so I am not going anywhere just now.:(

11. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    That’s not good! I did my back some years ago putting socks on!!

Trust your back to normal soon and we will arrange a gathering!

12. derekmines

derekmines Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Melksham, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek
    Location wise, how about AV8 café at Kemble Airfield, they're well used to petrolheads turning up, the breakfast's ace and there's plenty of parking...

13. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Suggestions received so far seem to be at one end or the other, so to speak, rather than half way. Not an issue for me, as I have homes in Exeter and near Cirencester (and usually keep one Ferrari at each).

However, I think that there may be a simple answer: Haynes Museum, but on a different Sunday from their breakfast club.
    • Reasonable cafe facilities: there would be far fewer people there than on Breakfast Club days, so there should be less of a problem getting coffee etc.
    • No need to make any special arrangements, so it can be organised on a casual "turn up if you feel like it" basis
    • The location is almost exactly at the half-way mark
    • There is plenty of parking
    • It is a car-oriented venue
    My proposal therefore is that we schedule a meet at Haynes for 9.00 - 11.00 a.m. on Sunday 10th. June, with a view to making it a regular "come if you want, no commitment necessary" event, with invitations to FOC members in Devon / Cornwall, Cotswolds and Wessex regions via the relevant area organisers. Maybe extend it to other makes later (e.g. Maserati being an obvious one).

Your thoughts, Gentlemen?

14. 100badboy100

Owner

Sep 15, 2016
    Devon- U.K.
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Sounds like a plan..!

15. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    The obvious solutions are generally the best!! In the diary; and a few options for routes for me so some variety!

Will be popping to Prescott 20th this month for their cars and coffee if anybody is in the local/fancy's a drive out (the other extreme in terms of local!!). Very civilised event.

And always happy for a run to AV8 during the week or weekends other commitments pending.

16. Beefcake2001

Beefcake2001 Karting

Dec 5, 2013
    best not to wear the dogs lead :):):)

17. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    :p:p:p

18. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Excellent!

Sadly I shall be unable to come to Prescott on 20th., as I am going to Paris tomorrow for a fortnight. Next time I am staying up in GLOS., we must meet up: we have a house on the Lower Mill Estate near Somerford Keynes, so Kemble airfield is but a short drive away.