First drives of the year? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

First drives of the year?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Themaven, Apr 14, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fennicus

Fennicus Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2015
    Helsinki, Finland
    Full Name:
    Pekka T.
    Ferris Bueller likes this.
  2. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Beautiful, Pekka! What are the roads like to drive on in Finland and Sweden? I have only driven rental cars there, or been driven by a driver. They look long wide and well made. Are you able to exercise the car properly?

3. franschman

franschman Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2017
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Bart
    In Finland, speeding tickets may well bankrupt you!

4. Fennicus

Fennicus Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2015
    Helsinki, Finland
    Full Name:
    Pekka T.
    Hi,

sorry for the long pause, I left the car to service in Germany.

Nope, not really, I have such small income that tickets are no problem, unless you get three the same year and get your license suspended for a while (never happened to me).

Some roads in southern Finland and Sweden are nice, but in the Helsinki area 100 or 120kmh is the max allowed speed, not good. And all the main roads are in appalling condition now, we have had so many winters with very little snow, or none, and yet all commuters drive with studded tires all winter (and some even longer just in case) so the tarmac has terrible worn tracks. So very noisy and unpleasant with wide tires.

Now next weekend we will drive the V12 E-type to Switzerland and Italy and back. In July Le Mans Classic, this time with the Jag, the 456 GT needs a new MOT but then we will do some tours for sure somewhere in central Europe. :)

Cheers!