360 Factory Sport Exhaust | Page 2 | FerrariChat

360 Factory Sport Exhaust

Discussion in '360/430' started by ShadowLAP, May 4, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MD355

MD355 Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2004
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    MD
    Don't get me wrong, I love the Ferrari 360 CS exhaust and I don't mean to be a spoiler... However, bear in mind one thing, human hearing is sensitive to repeated / constant exposure to high decibel sounds... So if you plan to use your Ferrari a lot, or for extended time, I am afraid in a couple of years you should be expecting to start losing the higher hearing frequencies... People working at nightclubs, construction sites, etc etc will tell you how in a couple of years their hearing is reduced !!

Again, don't get me wrong, I love the 360 CS exhaust, but recognize the potential danger there and treat it accordingly !!

Then again, you only live once, so make the most out of your Ferrari experience and get the 360 CS !!

ShadowLAP likes this.
  2. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    Sorry can u repeat that, im having trouble hearing u.:D

ShadowLAP likes this.
  3. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    +1 on the CS exhaust. Life's to short.

ShadowLAP likes this.
  4. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    SW Suburbs of Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    Unfortunately, the CS exhaust is not available so my hearing will remain as is.

But seriously, I was trying to get any info on this Ferrari Sport Exhaust (w/o ECU) that may have been made by Tubi. The muffler has the word "Ferrari" on it but I have not heard the system. The Ferrari parts distribution warehouse in NJ had a few in stock and that what was sent to the dealership. I do not want to have a system installed that I have not heard or at least received comments from those who may have the system or at least heard it.

5. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    Hi Larry,
    Why not go the 430 exhaust route?

6. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    i love the sound of the F430. Can an F430 exhaust be installed on a 360 Spider? Got my interest.

7. bestgun

bestgun Karting

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    Karl Sluis
    I hunted far and wide for a genuine CS system last year. I was told that Ferrari NA had gotten the genuine 360 Sport/Racing exhaust system remade, a genuine Ferrari part, and they’d be selling it in the spring 2018. I was jumping inside out with excitement until I finally received some photos........ It is not the CS system but a style of exhaust made by Tubi and possibly others. It does have a genuine Ferrari tag, but what that means is anyone’s guess. What does it sound like? Who knows. Very Tubi-esque I’d imagine. It won’t be anything like the CS system as muffler is not by-passed when the bypass valves are open. I didn’t end up buying it because nobody could tell me what it sounded like- and I wanted a genuine CS system (which I eventually found a genuine NOS). There’s nothing out there that will give you the CS sound other than the genuine system, or a 430 muffler (similar internally to the CS muffler) and some modified tailpipes. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

ShadowLAP likes this.
  8. bestgun

bestgun Karting

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    Karl Sluis
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    +1, there's a member here, Eric, Speedracer800, who makes custom pipes to fit the F430 muffler to essentially create the CS/360 Sport Exhaust sound

ShadowLAP likes this.
  10. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    How much is Ferrari selling this system for?

11. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    This sounds exactly like the system that arrived at the dealership. I am going to pursue the F430 route as a next step. thanks

12. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    Ferrari is selling the system for $3,999.00 and then offered a $500 rebate, so $3,499.00

13. bestgun

bestgun Karting

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    Karl Sluis
    Sorry, I cannot remember. I lost interest pretty quickly once I realized what it was not.

14. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    $3500 isn't a bad price for a brand new "Tubi" exhaust, but it's definitely not the CS/Sport exhaust system, and the fact that they were blowing those systems out the door for like $1500 a few years ago makes it harder to swallow

15. bestgun

bestgun Karting

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    Karl Sluis
    The retrofit 360 Racing / CS exhaust kit (Ferrari option EXA1) was originally priced at USD9180. Over supply and under demand meant that they were being offered for about USD4k- which when considering what you got was an absolute steal!!!!!!! Now they’re very sought after but very difficult (if not impossible) to find.

16. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    Yes mate. All u need to do is modify the pipes ie shorten them pisssss them poxy OEM tips off. There’s ur Instant CS exhaust. At a fraction of the price 430 exhaust can be easily sourced especially in USA.
    Gud luk mate

ShadowLAP likes this.
  17. Dano360NC

Dano360NC Karting

Aug 11, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I don't know if these help, but these are pics of a sport exhaust I put on a former 360 I owned.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    The aftermarket "racing exhaust" for the Modena/Spider has a different part number because it was offered as a kit including everything from the cats back, whereas the CS didn't have a kit so to speak since it was OEM. What is the part number on the big crate the exhaust came in and what is the part number stamped on the muffler itself?

19. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    Disregard my post.....did the cardinal sin of message boards....starting at the end without reading prior posts.....

20. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    I wanted to send an update as to the new factory Sport Exhaust for the 360. I had a offer from one of my local dealers, who had two in stock, to install it on my 360 Spider and if I did not like the sound that they would re-install my original system. That was hard to pass up. They also had not heard the system and wanted to take photos. Their pricing was excellent so it was a no-loose situation. I've had the system on the car for a couple of weeks and just love it. It is very close in sound to a CS system I recently heard. A nice deep growl between 2,000-3,000 rpm and a wonderful higher pitch sound at upper rpm ranges. I have heard some Tubi systems it was confirmed in emails with Tubi that they produce it for Ferrari. The system, to me, is louder than any Tubi system I've heard and my wife tells me she can not hear me when I arrive back in the neighborhood when she is in the house. And, you can still have a comfortable conversation in the car. Needless to say the system is still on the car and the original muffler and pipes are in the basement. I copied the photo from earlier in the string as this does look like my system.

[​IMG]

21. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Its a great upgrade

However if combined with aftermarket headers it will then become too much sound on a spider

The valves are needed to control the excess sound if the headers are changed to aftermarket with a sport muffler

IMHO

22. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    Agree about the headers. I forgot to mention that I have the valves disconnected and plugged. I will include a video when I next use the car.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat