best way to lose belly fat? | Page 9 | FerrariChat

best way to lose belly fat?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by bocaf430, Mar 30, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ME308

ME308 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Michael
    nothing to say against it ... but don`t become a control freak and don`t make yourself a slave of your electronic scale

you probably realized already that you "feel" what`s going on inside your body -
    2kg up and down really doesn`t make much of a difference
    it`s easy to gain 2 kg after a cheaty weekend and a good monday night dinner with red wine
    so what ? your body will take care of it all alone just by beeing routinely challenged during the rest of the week

psychologically you need "rewards" for what you achieve...
    it`s hard enough to change your eating habbits and start with a personal training routine at the same time -
    don`t torture yourself by abstaining from something you love ... even if it`s a piece of cake, a chocolate or a glass of red wine
    this is what people do wrong ... and this is why people find themselves caught in the "yoyo" trap very soon

and it was TIME that helped you (besides of your discipline of course which sure is a personal character thing.-
    people often tend to give up too early ... and this is valid for all fields of their life)

it is very important to set realistic goals,
    it is easier to aim for 1,5 - 2kg healthy weight loss per month than to go for 10kg (which is possible but not healthy at all)

simple math:
    1 pound = 500gr of fat contains round about 3500 calories
    now, if you achieve a negative energy balance of 500 calories per day during a period of 7 consecutive days = 1 week,
    you will DEFINATELY loose that 1 pound of weight within that week ... and this would be in a healthy way without the risk and danger of the yoyo mousetrap

really no rocket science ;)

and this is the biggest reward that you can ever get !:)

2. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Good points. And yes, the 2 pounds up and down are exactly what is going on and yes, my body does take care of it by it's self.

3. ME308

ME308 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Michael
    since you reached this state of equilibrium, now start tracking your body fat on a regular basis
    have the status quo measured by the infrared method for ex

at the same time go for a whole body "strenght" training in your work out - not more than 3x per week and 45/60min per unit
    with or without weights ... best would be alternating
    aim for endurance, not for mass (3-5 sets, 12-15 reps) - core stability is key as is back and abs

the stronger you get, the more calories your "newly built" muscles will burn even in your passive state of rest -
    so while you`re sitting on a couch or even sleeping in your bed

you will be surprised what you will have achieved just in time for summer season :cool:
    six pack will appear below 13% (women 18%)

4. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Is there a specific body fat checking device you would recommend?

5. ME308

ME308 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Michael
    no, not for home application

but any good fitness club / gym should have the ability to measure with infra red (it`s done directly on your bizeps)
    do it in the morning and without having done any work out / sports before ... don`t even cycle to the gym to get a more exact reading)

to track your progress, repeated measurements once a month are sufficient

there are certainly home devices on the market, some even integrated in scales for individual application -
    maybe others can chime in with recommendations

6. mcimino

mcimino Formula 3

Oct 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Afonsolaw likes this.
  7. ME308

ME308 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Michael
    absolutely ... and highly recommendable

8. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    My gym has a few classes. One is stationary bikes they call cycle fit. Combined with a low calorie diet. Last two weeks I've lost a ton of inches off my waist.

9. WilliG

WilliG Rookie

Apr 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Williams Wittiet
    faced with similar issue. I started attending the gym and keep on a healthy diet

10. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

TexasF355F1 and Statler like this.
  11. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    My scale died, so have no clue what I weigh now. I just have one inch too go in waist sizes, want to be around 34 from current 35. I feel a lot better about myself now Vs being over weight..... 38 waist was getting tight 4 months ago. I'm not as crazy about being on a diet now, I will take a break and have a cheeseburger or some pizza. What I've noticed is I get full on less food now.

12. Nader

Nader Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2011
    East of Seattle
    You look great now, congrats!, but it looks like you had more fun when you were fat. :)

Afonsolaw and REMIX like this.
  13. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    REMIX likes this.
  14. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
  15. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

TexasF355F1 likes this.
  16. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    I think knocking out sugars is the most important step. I only drink water at home, o.k. coffee in the morning. I cut out pops, beer and wine. I also cut out breads. I weighed myself yesterday at the gym. I'm down to 163 from 209ish. Now I'm working on building muscle.......

17. stibbett

stibbett Karting

Mar 19, 2018
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Simon Tibbett
    REMIX and Statler like this.
  18. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Well done!

Matt

19. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Great work Simon!

You may need to tweak your diet just a tad and increase cardio a bit. Regardless, you look great!

20. stibbett

stibbett Karting

Mar 19, 2018
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Simon Tibbett
    Thanks, yeah I feel like I’m to the point where I may need to get some outside insight on what to do next. Up until now I’ve just been doing it on my own.

No sugar, no fried foods, I quit eating meat because I just quick cooking it aside from fish, no bad carbs, etc etc. I mountain bike daily sometimes longer than others and throw some weight stuff in but could really use more of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TexasF355F1 likes this.
  21. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    You're in the ATL? Where do you ride? I need to get out more, but the weekdays are rough with my commute.

sjd

22. stibbett

stibbett Karting

Mar 19, 2018
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Simon Tibbett
    I'm actually in the Braselton/Gainesville area now so up by Lake Lanier. We have Chicopee a few minutes away and there's a trail on the North GA campus it's short but good for a quickie.

Out towards Atlanta in Canton Blankets Creek I think is one of everyone's favorites.

steved033 likes this.
  23. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    I ride blankets, rope mill, and allatoona creek

sjd

24. XLNLIFE

XLNLIFE Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2005
    SOUTHERN CA
    Full Name:
    JEREMY :
    ag512bbi likes this.
  25. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    It worked for me too but I ended up hurting my (previously separated) shoulder with it.