Portofino. Which Color? Grigio Titanio or Rosso Portofino | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Portofino. Which Color? Grigio Titanio or Rosso Portofino

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Condor Man, May 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Which color should I order for my Portofino?

1. Grigio Titanio

55 vote(s)
    52.9%
  2. Rosso Portofino

49 vote(s)
    47.1%
  1. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I am really amazed that so many people like a bland colour, like silver. Especially for a sports car...

2. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Then I would do GT. It will give you a different color experience from the reds. Ferrari has so many great color choices. GT is very popular for good reason.

I used to think the same thing- isn't grey for a Mercedes S class? But the more I've been around sports cars, and Ferraris in particular, I've learned color is such a personal choice. Silvers and greys really show the lines, thus allowing you to better see the essence of the design, often better than bright colors. I have cars in both, for me it comes down to the car, its shape, what its about and how it fits into my stable.

Condor Man likes this.
  3. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Silver is light, so it does a good job of reflecting heat. But, it has enough color to show the lines and creases of the styling to good effect.

4. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I have been around cars all my life, but still cannot warm to silver. Even my E-Type is maroon (a hue of red). Then again it's a matter of personal taste, but we are just making small talk. :)

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  5. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Our Cali 30 and Cali T were both Argento. My wife is particularly fond of that because she says it looks very classy.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I have never owned many red cars with most being black or greys.

My only red cars were attached and when I think of it, they were both very special to me as is my new Rosso Mugello 488....

So this makes me want to stick with red.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
  8. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
  9. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles

Ok..It's official! Now changed to Rosso Portofino with Cuoio Daytonas.

10. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    Very good choice.

Condor Man likes this.
  11. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
  12. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    i really like your color scheme on the 488 ! especially the gold wheels. have been toying with that idea....

Condor Man likes this.
  13. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Is Rosso Portofino triple layer paint?

14. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Chizz likes this.
  15. XDINO

XDINO Karting

Feb 20, 2008
    Chicago / Naples
    Full Name:
    Rich
    The consensus here was that Rosso Portofino consists of a base layer, a tinted layer and clearcoat layer but the clearcoat should not be considered a layer. This may well be correct because the price of $12,500 US is far less costly than typical Ferrari tristrato colors.

16. Jay Pierce

Jay Pierce Rookie

Oct 28, 2018
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jay Pierce
    In another thread, a member stated that there was a price increase above the $12,500.00 for the R.P.
    Any truth to that?

17. NZCREW

NZCREW Karting

Nov 20, 2018
    Chizz likes this.
  18. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    With Beige Tradizione, I'd choose Grigio Ingrid. The reason being that Titanio is a rather cold colour. The slightly warmer hue of Grigio Ingrid will work great with Beige Tradizione. But if the choice is between Titanio and Rosso Portofino, I'd go with the latter as I'm not so sure Beige Tradizione will be the best colour for Titanio.

19. Art H

Art H Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 15, 2014
    Love the Rossa Portofino. What about something completely different...like Azzuro Blue with tan or crema interior with blue dash and blue Daytona inserts!

Chizz likes this.
  20. Gcsdave

Gcsdave Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2011
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dave
  21. dr_genious

dr_genious Karting

Dec 20, 2017
    Lucerne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Sven
    I also ended up choosing between RP and GT. While never wanting to own a silver car, the GT is a great fit for the Porto. At the time I had to choose last year, there were no Rosso Corsa and no Rosso Portofinos available except on photos and videos. So I played around with both colors on Photoshop (pics attached) to design the cars in their final looks (black roof, black rims, as I like it sporty). Both colors worked out well on the Porto and I’m glad I then went to Maranello to seek help of the designers for my final decision (it’s an Atelier car now ;)). After looking with them into all options, for me it became the GT. A few month ago, after my order was irrevocably locked in, I saw a Rosso Corsa one live for the first time and it would have been an option for sure. And just recently I saw a RP one live - and I was truly disappointed. I disliked it as much as I did with the Rosso California. However, it’s just personal taste and I wish all of you that you find the color you’re staying happy with as long as you stick to your ride.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login