Found out dealer didn't disclose paint work | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Found out dealer didn't disclose paint work

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Dansage, May 5, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Wide World is not a stand up dealer and for everyone who is satisfied with their treatment I'm sure someone else can be found with a totally different story. Their techs are great, I'm sure even the salespeople are nice guys - but nice guys or not they'll do as they're told.

2. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    They have no reason on earth to do so and it is certainly not typical of the breed to come into a forum like this just to defend themselves. It's not like they are regulars here.

3. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    Better to extend the offer than not.

4. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    If they had a regular (or any...) presence here maybe they'd have a reason to make some sort of statement but I still don't really think it serves their interests. I think (both here and in the famous Ferrari of Vancouver damaged my car thread) we see evidence of dealers who don't think that forums, the web, social media, etc have any influence on their business. Are they right? I guess that remains to be seen. Hard to measure the impact of a few 100K page views.

5. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    I deal with Charlie regularly and he is a stand up guy!

6. Dansage

Dansage Karting

May 20, 2012
    This. Charlie is as good as they get, the guy works absolute wonders. No matter what dealer I buy my cars from I'm sending them to him because the guy is A+.

daytona355 likes this.
  7. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    The service guy may be ok , but after the treatment from the Boss no way would i ever give the dxxxxe bag even 2 cents of my money.

8. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek

Remember, 3 sides to every story ;)

njcycleguy likes this.
  9. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I’ve been so tempted to say it’s ‘time for a timebomb’ but there’s little to be gained. However, I will tell you another car dealer related issue dealt with in a different way.

When I was a young sales boy starting out, I wanted to upgrade to a BMW (as they all do) so I went to a lot and saw a great secondhand example 328i (E36, that long ago). However, I couldn’t buy till the weekend, and the sales guy said out a deposit on, or well sell it before then, it’s popular. I figured what the heck, and put down the money on my credit card (thinking see!).

Anyhow, my cautious dad says wait a while, be a success, don’t be planning one, and buy the car then, so I take that advice, and being Wednesday, figure the sales guy will be fine cos plenty of time to sell the car, I get my money back, so I call, he says fine, thanks for letting me know, money back on your card next few days.

So, 2 weeks, no refund. I ring them, now they are very much ‘you didn’t test drive it and reject it, so you don’t get the money back’ essentially ‘**** you’. I explain to the chap, whose boss I know is a bit of a flash wise guy, (but not connected wise guy) ‘you don’t know who you are dealing with, money back right now or I’ll deal with it’. He refuses, so I politely advice him I’m on the way.

I ring another buddy (not time bomb) affectionately known as mental Mickey..... a Glaswegian urban terrorist who likes to pick the biggest and baddest in a pub, go and purposely make the guy spill his pint, and then play ‘who can hit the most people in five minutes’. He picks me up in a Porsche, and shows me two iron bars and a bottle of nitromores paint stripper. We arrive at the dealership, park directly across the entrance. He slips his bars one up each sleeve of his jacket, and I pocket the nitromores.

He stays outside while I visit the office, but as I said, this guy always acts like he’s a wise guy, so his guys are all ex cons and think-they’re-toughs, so he is straight away ‘we’ll talk outside dickhed’. Oh dear, we wander outside, and Mickey is already grinning cos he knows he will be having some fun, and the boss’s S-Class is there. He calls a big group of his ‘toughs’ over, Mickey goes nuts swinging the bars at them, and to see him in action is crazy, cos these guys are fixed to their spots, they see this guy is ****ing mental, and I hold the nitromores open above the Sclass.

He offered me my deposit back immediately, funnily enough, but unfortunately, now I’d had expenses, so he had to treble the cash returned for or trouble, and Mickey and I drove off having actually not done any damage (and Mickey had no extra scalps in his pocket) having taught that dealer the value of customer satisfaction and service. He eventually retired and left the business to his son, who is almost as thick as his dad when it comes to dealing with customers, but he doesn’t take the liberties with anyone he doesn’t know enough about I’ll bet

10. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul

These stories!! I love them!

11. AshAP

AshAP Karting

Apr 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ash
    Love it.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

12. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    OK where else can you get entertainment like this. I love the threads.

daytona355 likes this.
  13. Banzairacer

Banzairacer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 24, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Sanjeev Thohan
    Am not a lawyer - but here's something to think about.

Here's a hypothetical from:
    https://margarianlaw.com/car-dealer-misrepresentation/

Let’s discuss a sample situation where consumer Jessy buys a brand new Porsche from a dealer. Six months later Jessy finds out that her vehicle’s warranty was activated a year before her purchase. After doing some more digging, Jessy learns that her car was sold to Bob a year prior to her purchase. Bob had crashed the vehicle, repaired it and sold it back to the dealer. It becomes apparent that the dealer had then misled Jessy into buying the vehicle thinking it was brand new when in fact it was used and had been involved in an accident.

So what would Jessy be entitled to recover? With the help of an experienced dealer fraud attorney, Jessy could potentially recover a refund of her down payment and all monthly payments for the Porsche. She might also recover punitive damages as a means to punish and deter the dealer from doing the same to other consumers. Jessy would also be entitled under certain laws to receive her attorney’s fees and litigation costs from the dealer.

Fortunately for California consumers, and consumers in many other states, consumer rights are strongly in their favor and protect them from unscrupulous dealerships. In order to get the full benefits afforded under the applicable laws, one needs the advice and guidance of a skilled attorney. At The Margarian Law Firm, our attorneys have been litigating dealer fraud cases for over a decade. If you suspect that you were a victim of dealer fraud call our office today. Take a stand against fraud. Remember how hard to worked to earn your money and do not let the dealer benefit by way of fraud. Hire one of our attorneys and take back what is rightfully yours

daytona355 likes this.
  14. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    It's a bit disingenuous to use a service writer to imply anything about the quality of a car dealership. The service writer could be the nicest guy in the world, a credit to his parents, a volunteer at his Church and be supporting 7 different animal rescue organizations and none of that means anything at all when something goes wrong between you and his employer. The policies and practices are set by the owner(s).

There are stories that could be told about this dealership but as they involve friends and family they aren't going to be part of this discussion. Suffice it to say that IMO this is not a standup organization.

15. F60SA

F60SA Karting

Nov 15, 2014
    Well how many miles were put on the car since purchased and did the dealer offer to buy the car back?

16. Dansage

Dansage Karting

May 20, 2012
    6k and yes for wholesale of what an accident history 458 spider would be worth. The number was cringeworthy.

It was a daily driver for me. Yes I know someone is going to say I should not daily drive such a car, but it's a car it's getting me from point A to B. I just picked up my 488 so it's taking its place.

Attached Files:

daytona355 likes this.
  17. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    I posted my experience with someone at the dealership that is a stand up guy. Of course that one person doesn't represent the entire organization. Not sure how you came to a conclusion otherwise.

18. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Did u get a ppi? That could help you in your case against them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I would be surprised if someone got a PPI if they buy from a FNA dealer as a CPO car...

daytona355 likes this.
  20. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

After my own bad experience with ferrari of central Florida i would not hesitate to do it in the future myself.
    I thought buying a ferrari was a joy and pleasure but a dealer is a dealer.
    Pretty shady.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I personally did buy a Fcar from a FNA dealer w/o a PPI and generally was very pleased. But before I made the purchase I visited a former Fdealer in southern CA and looked at a car they were advertising it was very poorly maintained and I pointed some of the issues to the salesman who had to agree. He finally admitted it was a consignment car they had not done anything but park it on the lot. Later found out that auto group lost their franchise, evidently for a wide variety of issues. The same auto group also lost Mauser & Lambo as well so there is a wide range of dealerships and wise to keep that in mind. All FNA dealerships are not created equal.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  22. jordanfsl

jordanfsl Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Easy to guess who this is!

23. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    PAYPAL *PELOTON
    Yes especially if your familar with the SFV.

24. rotaryrocket7

rotaryrocket7 Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2011
    Eden Prairie, MN
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I was excited to see a billboard up the road informing the general public...bummer.

I can’t say I’d defend the dealer here. Take the car back and resell it to someone else. I don’t believe in two sides in this case I guess.