For Sale - Fix/reinforce your broken/shaky 430 tail lights | FerrariChat

For Sale Fix/reinforce your broken/shaky 430 tail lights

Discussion in 'Ferrari Parts & Collectibles' started by Sky Hye, May 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
  2. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    Almost every F430 and F430 is prone to an inherent design failure. The tail lamp material and design is insufficient to withstand the vibration due to the proximity to the engine. Over time they will develop cracks and eventually break off and vibrate. 4 out of 4 of mine had cracked posts.

After months of embarrassment and annoyance, I went out to fix my shaky tail lights. Upon inspection, the bottom post on one light was completely severed and on three other tail lamps were cracked. I looked for solutions... Tail lamps for scud were $400 each, no thanks! I tried applying epoxy, and after a few days, it broke again. There was another kit by a good friend, however, it only addresses the top two posts.

Long story short, I have developed a robust solution that is very easy to do yourself. It will not only fix broken posts, but it is useful to use on perfectly functional tail lights where one simply wants to reinforce them to prevent failure. It also dampens vibrations, to further prolong the life of your tail lamps.

Kit contents are sufficient for 4 tail lamps. Easy to follow step-by-step instructions are included. All you need is a hex driver and a 10mm wrench.

Pricing is $175 shipped within the US, quantity discounts are available. Canada is an additional $15. Please feel free to PM for further info.

Photos below showing a few types of failures:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Cracks developed around the post.

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Completely severed post.

eyeman1234 likes this.
  3. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    This is really cool, we have a 2007 430 Coupe with this very problem!

Sky Hye likes this.
  4. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    It’s a shame how many cars I see with the tail light wobbling.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
  6. Wantochamole

Wantochamole Karting

Apr 4, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Phil W.
    I'm curious.

7. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    Sold out a few more kits this week, thanks guys!

8. Zed82

Zed82 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2017
    Sweden
    Did anyone buy this kit? Are you satisfied?

9. Robby Johnson

Robby Johnson Rookie

Jun 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    Robby Johnson
    Will this kit work if the light is already broke?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

10. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Yes!. That's what it's designed for. All of us who have broken tail lights

Sky Hye likes this.
  11. Robby Johnson

Robby Johnson Rookie

Jun 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    Robby Johnson
    How do I order one of these kits?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

12. BruceC

BruceC Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2018
    Tucson, AZ
    I did install one of Sky Hye's kits and am very satisfied. One light was very loose - was seeing post cracks on another light housing. Everything is rock solid now. There was another kit offered previously on FC, but as Zed82 noted, it only fixed 2 of the 3 posts. The soft bushings change the mounting position of the lights very slightly which worried me initially, but it's not noticeable (had the chance to compare with another 430 parked close by and I could not see any difference after the installation). The cross bar will interfere with the body work if you don't install the bushings.

If you don't hear back soon, PM me and I'll give you his email address. Just not comfortable posting it here.

Sky Hye likes this.
  13. Zed82

Zed82 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2017
    Sweden
    Thanks a lot. I´ve ordered the kit and waiting for delivery!

14. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    PM me

15. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    Thank you for the short review! I’m always open to feedback so I can make the best product possible. Now I’m wondering what I should tackle next on the Ferrari :) I have some racing parts in development (front and rear tow bar).

16. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    Sure will!

17. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    And I’m coming to learn we are a big group!

Bob in Texas likes this.
  18. djempire

djempire Formula Junior

Apr 30, 2012
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Serf
    PM sent.

Sky Hye likes this.
  19. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    Thank you to everyone who Placed an order!

Tackleberry likes this.
  20. Zed82

Zed82 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2017
    Sweden
    Just a heads up to members ordering from the EU. I ordered my kit on the 15th of August and still have not recieved it. The first kit disappeared in the mail and it was untrackable. The second kit was supposed to be sent with UPS or DHL but without my consent USPS was used. I suggested to use my FedEx account but the seller said UPS or DHL so i let him choose one of those two options.

It was supposed to be a express shipment and i payed good money for it. Package went front and back and is now stuck in Swedish customs. Make sure you use your own courier. My car has been in the workshop waiting for almost a month soon.

21. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    I would like to clarify. As always, there will be issues and difficult situations that are out of our hands. I do my best to keep everybody happy, there are just some people and situations that do not work well.

I had given a large discount and paid extra to ship this package priority to Sweden. Although I put the correct shipping info as given from the customer (I cut and pasted) the package was lost. Soon as I was notified I gathered another package and sent it out free of charge. Customer paid shipping. We discussed that $60 will be paid for shipping, however UPS and FeDex were $160, $180 respectively to ship to this customer. The provided $60 was barely enough to cover USPS priority with tracking. I even declared the value as $0.25 to make things easy and inexpensive for him.

I do my best to keep everyone happy. I even provided my personal email, phone number and WhatsApp to keep him up to date. I did not appreciate the constant messaging and harassing and unfortunately had to close WhatsApp because of the constant messages at all hours of the day. This is one of those rare situations and I hope when Zed gets his kit he will be happy and his car will be shake free. However I have a feeling he’s one of the types of people who is never happy.

I have shipped all over the world from Russia to Australia and have NEVER had any problems with shipping or complaints about my service or product. I truly hope Zed is satisfied and receives his package. Once it leaves my possession, it is out of my hands and I hope he understands that.

Lastly, his payment was received on August 12th. His car was in the shop for annual maintenance, and he was trying to squeeze in my tail light kit at the same time. Although it is worded so, my kit is not the reason his car has been in the shop. I have full documentation and communications in case anyone has doubts or questions. I stand behind my product and I have hundreds of happy customers who will vouch for me.

Have a great day.

@Scuuuud

flash32 likes this.
  22. Zed82

Zed82 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2017
    Sweden
    Lots of words when you could just have admitted that you didn’t notify me on the $160 for UPS or DHL. I would have gladly payed that amount and we would have no issue at all. You chose to use USPS and declare the low value without notifying me at all. I am convinced that I will be perfectly happy with your kit but you have to learn from this and notify when you are doing something that was not agreed in the first place.

Because of the declared amount of $0,25 the package is now stuck in customs and they demand a receipt of the transaction. Of course I now have to give them the actual receipt which will then cause additional issues.

Lastly, the car is still in the shop waiting for the kit as a rear light is totally loose.

bellwilliam likes this.
  23. djempire

djempire Formula Junior

Apr 30, 2012
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Serf
    Oh man...:confused:

Sky Hye likes this.
  24. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    Indeed. Can’t win em all

25. Zed82

Zed82 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2017
    Sweden
    #25 Zed82, Sep 6, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2018
    Please stop being arrogant. It has been a month soon and neither of your packages have arrived. I also have an issue with customs right now and I’m being asked about the low value. You should be more humble and admit that you made some errors here in shipping the package correctly and as promised.