360 CS UK | FerrariChat

360 CS UK

Discussion in '360/430' started by Welford10, Jun 1, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Welford10

Welford10 Karting

Dec 26, 2013
    England
    Full Name:
    Gary
    hi all

I am considering a 360 CS as an addition to my garage as a long term keeper. I will drive it infrequently but will drive it.

What are opinions on future values, currently good uk examples are around £200k + where do you guys see these prices going or is it already inflated?

I am also considering an aventador Sv as a long term keeper.

I have a 458 coupe and an AML V12 Vantage S. I love both for different reasons!

2. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    If you are looking long term, it will be better than money in the bank.

3. CarbonDan

CarbonDan Karting

Aug 19, 2017
    PNW
    I agree it will appreciate a lot in the future. That's one of the reasons I bought one for myself!
    The aventador SV, I do not think will appreciate in the future, with the only wildcard there being if Lamborghini ends NA V12 with that car. It should remain in production for the next 2-4 years based on their traditional timelines.
    I think if it's an investment you're after, there are few better opportunities than clean 6 speed manual Murcielagos, and LP640s. That's what I have as a garage queen and long term investment. Particularly if you can find a nice manual lp640 with low miles and can resist driving it.

4. jrtaylor9

jrtaylor9 Rookie

Feb 28, 2015
    Vegas CS likes this.
  5. Welford10

Welford10 Karting

Dec 26, 2013
    England
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Nice, where did you get it from?

6. Russell996

Russell996 Formula 3

Sep 24, 2010
    New Forest UK
    Full Name:
    Russell
    Great cars. These cars are made to be driven. Only issue is the slow gearbox but even that works ok. You are years late on the main investment potential but who knows long term they might still do ok.
    Buy it to drive.

7. jrtaylor9

jrtaylor9 Rookie

Feb 28, 2015
    Client SOR car at The Ferrari Centre.

I looked at several across the UK. Let me know what you are looking for and/or if you have any questions about the few that are on the market right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Welford10

Welford10 Karting

Dec 26, 2013
    England
    Full Name:
    Gary

9. Welford10

Welford10 Karting

Dec 26, 2013
    England
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Cheers, I looked at one at meridian Modena yesterday. I also notice there is a lower mirage one at Dick lovett, although meridian say that’s been on the market a long time, so be suspicious.

Meridian have one coming up with good provenance so I may have a look at that.

Not may others for sale right now.

10. Russell996

Russell996 Formula 3

Sep 24, 2010
    New Forest UK
    Full Name:
    Russell
    Are you going to Goodwood tomorrow, should be a few there to have a look at!

11. Welford10

Welford10 Karting

Dec 26, 2013
    England
    Full Name:
    Gary
    No, sam at meridian said the noise in insane? Off to SA soon, so will resume search when I get home.

12. jrtaylor9

jrtaylor9 Rookie

Feb 28, 2015
    I looked at both and have a lot of info on the Dick Lovett car. I came close to buying it. PM me if you want more back story on it. I drove it. They have dumped a lot of money into it mechanically and it drives extremely well. It is very well sorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. 355fiorano

355fiorano Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Here you can find some of the history of the car
    http://challenge-stradale.com/137671.html

I bought my car form DL and they are great to deal with in my experience.
    The only thing I would say is that the top dash on that car is faded and worn. For that money I'd ask for a new one or a re-trim personally.

14. jrtaylor9

jrtaylor9 Rookie

Feb 28, 2015
    I was impressed with the guys at Dick Lovett. They treated me extremely well when I went to see their CS; above and beyond my expectations especially given I’ve never bought a single thing from them before.

Yes the alcantera is a little faded on their car. But I found only one CS with little-to-no alcantera fading anywhere in uk and that’s the one i bought (not just because of alcantera condition; this car was a step above condition from anything else i saw). And seller didn’t have illusions of prices from 18mos ago.

Additionally, rock chips have not been touched up on the DL car. But this can be a positive or negative. They’ve chosen to leave the car in 100% original paint condition. Which in the US seems to be the thing to do. In UK, it seems like most people expect “visually perfect, but touched up” paint. They offered to touch up the car if that’s what the buyer wants. If I had pulled the trigger on it, I would have left it as is. I’d just out more on it :)

Had I not found the one at Ferrari, DL’s CS was on my short list.

15. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Rock chips in the paint are original?

16. Welford10

Welford10 Karting

Dec 26, 2013
    England
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Hiya

The one I was looking at is now listed at meridien Modena. It’s a black one. They say it was the last 360 CS made so has good provenance.

Bit pricey but what’s your opinion?

Thanks,

Gary

17. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    I would not put any value on a dealer telling you its the last one made unless there was a significant paper trail to prove

Also ultra low mileage would mean you can't drive it to preserve that premium

18. Welford10

Welford10 Karting

Dec 26, 2013
    England
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Cheers. They say they do have the paperwork proof. I need to check though. It was registered in 2007 well after the model line ended.

My mileage would be minimal as I have other cars and this would sit in my garage viewing area.

What you think?

Gary

19. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    I'm not the right person to comment on whether such a large premium to market is justified for this garage queen

20. Mikestradale

Mikestradale F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Last one, rhd, Nero Daytona, factory stripe and lexan windows. That’s a really rare and unique car.

http://www.challengestradale.com/140647.html

21. ZFFDT57

ZFFDT57 Formula 3

Mar 9, 2004
    Europe
    Full Name:
    I've got one
    I of course don't know, what your decisive criterias are regarding the purchase of a CS, but if it is of any importance to you, that black car from Meridian Modena is not the last one built!
    Its assembly number, which gives away the actual production sequence - rather than the s/n, is not the highest one, which is currently known for a CS within the regular production run...

22. Welford10

Welford10 Karting

Dec 26, 2013
    England
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Thanks for that, perhaps last rhd.

Need to give it some thought and do more dd on its provenance. It’s by far the highest priced on the market but would be a long term keeper.