Ferraris at the XVII Modena Cento Ore 2018 | FerrariChat

Ferraris at the XVII Modena Cento Ore 2018

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Marcel Massini, Jun 6, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    After winning the prestigious title “Rallye of the Year 2017” at the Octane Awards the Modena Cento Ore prepared a special edition for 2018 which set off from the legendary race track at Monza, Italy, yesterday Tuesday 5th June 2018. The Modena Cento Ore Classic 2018 has been organised as usual by Scuderia Tricolore and Canossa Events. It is the only rallye in Italy, and one of just a handful around the world, where the drivers challenge each other on both racetrack and special road stages, a captivating mix of a rallye and speed trials on the track. The four day challenge takes place on a most beautiful route passing through Lombardy, Emilia Romagna and Tuscany, from Monza to Salsomaggiore Terme, Forte dei Marmi and Florence, with the last leg arriving in Piazza Grande in Modena. Three track races take place in Monza, Varano and Mugello. Organisers confirmed 110 applications of which 79 will take part in the speed trials and 31 will follow in the regularity section. Luigi Orlandini, the very enthusiastic CEO of Scuderia Tricolore and visionary founder of Canossa Events told me yesterday in Monza that 19 car manufacturers are represented and the highest numbers are Ferraris and Porsches. I observed about 20 classic Ferraris Tuesday during the scrutineering in Monza. This included a fabulous deep red 212 Export Berlinetta Touring and a gorgeous lightblue-yellow 375 MM Spider Pinin Farina driven by US fchatter Tom Shaughnessy with Ferrari Classiche boss Luigino Barp as passenger. I have visited the Modena Cento Ore Classic every year since 2003 and can confirm that this is really a one-of-a-kind special event with a lot of Italian charm and passion (and I haven't mentioned the excellent food yet!).

Please find below a few photos of some of the Ferraris observed yesterday in Monza (yes, there were also at least three replicas).

Marcel Massini

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    NürScud likes this.
  3. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    official color of stunning dark blue
    daytona?

4. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Blu Dino 106-A-72.

Marcel Massini

5. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    NürScud likes this.
  6. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Thanks for the pics! That red daytona has always been a fav of mine ever since seeing it at the Tour Auto in the early 2000s. I forgot the name of its swiss owner but he has/had an amazing collection IIRC.

7. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    NürScud likes this.
  8. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    #13 Marcel Massini, Jun 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    NO, no, no.
    Please, NO mix-up.

As I said the 250 TR replica uses "TR" as suffix (and NOT "GT") and has ZERO to do with that darkred 250 PF Coupé which is 1403 GT, and NOT 1403 TR.
    Have also a look at the NY registration sticker, photo above (pic #2 in post #9).
    The entire chassis number of that replica is fantasy.
    See also green arrow.

Marcel Massini

Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    NürScud and mcimino like this.
  10. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name: