FerrariChat Home Page | Page 2 | FerrariChat

FerrariChat Home Page

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rob lay, Jun 6, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    There you go, we know what you think about the mother brand. :D

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    That's a bug, we'll fix. Thanks for the report.

3. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    I honestly have nothing against them. Just wasn't a fit for me personally. I wish them no ill will nor harbor any resentment. After all, I bailed on them so it's on me. Lol, not sure they aren't still pissed but I haven't been "whacked" yet! :)

4. Booker

Booker Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    If you are in the new style(s) then just go to the top right and it will show your notifications. If you are on the old style then just go to the forums and it should be like normal.

5. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    Booker likes this.
  6. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    Clicking "View More" does not direct to Classified. It appears to be an anchor link which is not valid, which ultimately takes the user to the main Forum listing (instead of the Classifieds).

Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Booker

Booker Formula 3

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    If you have read the same thread in the same browser on the same device with cookies/cache enabled then you will go to the last read post. This has not changed, and there are many reasons it might not go where you want. First and foremost, if you haven't read the thread in 30 days, it no longer keeps track of it. We can increase this, but have not decided on a new number/limit. If you are in the same thread on a different device, browser, or otherwise have different internet data, then it will go to the first post. Your internet data may also change a lot as you have 350+ IP addresses associated with your account. Lastly, if you click the timestamp instead of the main title link, then it will go to the first post.

8. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    Booker likes this.
  9. Booker

Booker Formula 3

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
  10. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    Booker - that .302 link is the same link I get (in the hover & code), but when I click it - it doesn't go to that destination. The browser ends up here: https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/#

EDIT / CLARITY

Ok, I see what it's doing. It's going to the anchor link correctly, which is the SECTION on the Forum page. That's sort of confusing to the user, as there are many other visible sections on the screen. How to type it: I expect the click to take me to a Classifieds subforum, but instead it takes me to the main forum where I can see Classifieds along with everything else.

11. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    Booker likes this.
  12. Booker

Booker Formula 3

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    Does not do that for me. What browser are you using? Link works in my chrome browser.

13. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    See my edited post, just above. I think it's working as designed, but the design isn't optimal. (BTW, I'm on Win10/Chrome at the moment.)

14. Gullwing

Gullwing Karting

Aug 30, 2016
    Looks pretty awful on retina / high resolution displays. Logo needs to be higher resolution and the hamburger menu needs to be smaller/not as high (same goes for the rest of the bar)

15. smg2

smg2 F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Apr 1, 2004
    Dumpster Fire #31
    Full Name:
    SMG
    Mobile browser at the moment, can not collapse the sub sections, little arrow does nothing all sections are expanded.

16. smg2

smg2 F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Apr 1, 2004
    Dumpster Fire #31
    Full Name:
    SMG
    Jump to top and end arrows are missing now.. That really sucks!

17. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Not liking the extra number of "back" clicks needed to navigate -- seems just scrolling down a page makes it a new page that adds another back click to get to the previous page.

jjmalez likes this.
  18. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
  19. Booker

Booker Formula 3

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    This is because classifieds are separated into individual and commercial, would be different if just one classified forum

20. Booker

Booker Formula 3

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    Definitely sucks, not sure where they went. Just told development to bring them back

21. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    Understood. I see what you're saying, and why it's linked that way. But it's like you have a link that says "Soda" but resolves to "Entire Grocery Store".

Booker likes this.
  22. Booker

Booker Formula 3

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    More like, here's the soda isle. If you want a specific soda, you'll just have to look ;) I think we may just need to re-organize classifieds to fit the links better. Thanks for the input!

thorn likes this.
  23. Booker

Booker Formula 3

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    feature still works if you use the "old" theme. This was a feature we added to the new theme, just need to add it back.

24. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    Design Aesthetic... this goes into "personal taste", but tossing it out there. These rounded buttons don't match anything else going on in the main design look/feel. Some are large, some are small, some are blue (oddly, the only place Blue is every used on the site), some aren't blue.

They shouldn't be rounded at all, nor should the search field boxes be; that trendy look should have expired with the iMac about 15 years ago. Also, they should probably all be Red with White text. Also, just noticed: the label says "get premium features", and the button also says "premium". That's 1 too many Premiums, and the word itself is vague. Perhaps make one of these texts be something a bit more ... benefit enticing, to people that aren't members yet.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Boomhauer and Booker like this.
  25. DesertDawg

DesertDawg Eight Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 25, 2010
    The Desert
    Full Name:
    DesertDawg
    FWW, I'm having the same issues that I've seen a couple other people mention... every thread directs to the top of the page, even when I click directly on the last post, for example, the link off to the right that says it was posted two minutes ago, or what have you. My "pgdn" button is getting a real workout.

Regular PC (not iAnything), running Chrome and Windoze 10 if that makes any difference.