Alfa Romeo 4c who has one? | Page 20 | FerrariChat

Alfa Romeo 4c who has one?

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by ferrari#7, Jul 25, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I agree with Tom, his car I think is a bit more extreme than mine (I already have one of those extreme cars), I do think the TCU tune makes a difference though. There is a company I just found out about (PM me I don't want to list them here since them make products for Ferrari as well and are not a sponsor) that not only sells the 4C TCU flash tune, but offers it for Ferrari's as well (they have one for a 430).

2. dustink1379

dustink1379 Rookie

May 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    dustin

@360Tom I would love to get ahold of a Pogea ECU for my 4c. Could you get me one?

3. Dragster

Dragster Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    Can you listen to music from a USB flash drive plugged in to the USB port under the passenger side? I didn't get a chance to fiddle around with the stereo when I test drove a couple cars. Not really a big deal, I'm just curious.

4. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I have never tried a flash drive, I use my iphone and Pandoa. If the car has an Alpine unit in it, you can probably download the user manual from the Alpine site and get an answer to your question.

5. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    After 45 + years of tuning 100's of cars I have heard my share of claims. The thing that I always find interesting about any tune is how it works with the cars power band. just about every high performance car I have owned or worked on over the years has a sweet spot, that perfect RPM level where you can shift the car to maximize the cars HP & TQ (though in higher revs it is mostly HP). There is always a limit to what a tune alone can do, I'm sure my car is not the fastest 4C out there but for the way I drive it, I very happy with the results. For the record, my tune is not from either of the vendors mentioned earlier.

crinoid likes this.
  6. bcorner

bcorner Karting

Aug 25, 2017
    I’ve communicated directly with Martin. I don’t believe he sells tunes as a product but I’m sure you can negotiate something.

[email protected]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

7. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Same with me. I have the older crappy Parrot and I just stream from my iphone. Actually it sounds better then FM radio that way.

8. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    I visited my local Ferrari dealer yesterday to test drive the Portofino. Salesman (whom I've known for over 15 years) indicated he believed Ferrari was going to introduce a Dino using the 4c tub and a larger (v6?) engine. 200k+.

Perhaps it bodes well for 4c resale.

Philip

9. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    I have recently talked to the GM of my Ferrari dealership - he is considering buying a 4C. They have been pushing very hard for a car like this for some time. He gave no indication it was a go.

10. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    2018 USA Alfa Romeo 4C sales:-

January - 12
    February - 20
    March - 22
    April - 22
    May - 19
    Total: 73

galt likes this.
  11. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    2018 European Alfa Romeo 4C Sales:-

January - 32
    February - 23
    March - 45
    April - 21
    Total: 121

galt likes this.
  12. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Classifieds has a dealer ("MBrandonMotorcars") listing of a 4c sipder with 3000 miles for $56k. No affiliation, just thought the price reference would be if interest.

BaT 4c coupe of 16 months ago went for about the same I think.

EDIT: Actually I just looked, it sold for $47,500 before fees.

13. riccardone

riccardone Karting

May 24, 2015
    4Cs normally do poorly on BAT, as do most other current or very recent cars, like GT350s for example.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

NYC Fred likes this.
  14. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    Yes, I do have a 4C Spider listed: http://www.mbrandonmotorcars.com/2016-alfa-romeo-4c-spider-gm179731

Right now it is pending sale.

15. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Looks like a nicely spec'd car, Michael. I like the tobacco seats.

Good luck with the sale.

I don't know of the feel comfortable posting the final price on here when the deal is done, but it would be one reference if you did.

16. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
  17. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    A few thoughts on that link:

1. Sorted by lowest price first. Remember, you get what you pay for.

2. Spiders were a $10K premium over a Coupe when new. Of course, this premium has collapsed somewhat, but it's still there.

3. The price difference between a "base" car and a fully optioned car was over $20K when new. Again, this has collapsed somewhat, but it's still there.

4. There were a lot of issues with the 2015 cars that were sorted out by 2016. And, these 2015 cars are almost all out of warranty now, and that's being priced in. Again, you get what you pay for.

18. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    BAT is really good for German and Japanese sportscars. BMW 3.0 CS's and Porsche 911 seem to do best with Supra's also doing well. New cars and Italian cars unless they are rare or pre 1970 could do better on other auctions from what I have observed.

19. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner

All very good points.

20. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    And, as for what these cars are selling for:

I offered this car on BaT a couple of months ago: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2016-alfa-romeo-4c-spyder-3/ . Reserve not met at $48,250 (which meant $50,662 with 5% premium).

The day after the auction ended, I got a phone call from someone who was watching the auction. We did a deal at $54,000 on the car.

I normally don't quote sale prices of my cars, but in this case I am, to demonstrate why I didn't take the money on BaT. And why I don't regret listing the car; it was great advertising.

21. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Thanks for posting this Michael. Good market intelligence on transaction rather than asking prices. (Glad you got your deal done - well done). Implies 20% depreciation in 2 years if bought at $10k under list, 30% of list otherwise.

22. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    Like what "a lot of issues"? I haven't had a single issue with my 2015 LE.

flat_plane_eddie likes this.
  23. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    I was wondering this too since I'm really tempted to buy a Launch Edition in the next month.

24. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    Maybe I was too harsh here. The 2015 is a great car, just like the later years. But, there were a few "teething" issues with the cars initially: some transmission control unit (TCU) problems and other issues that were ultimately resolved with software flashes. Also some owners complained of dash warping. I think there were a few other things that I read about on 4C forums.

25. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    My LE has had one electrical problem but other than that, bullet proof. And no leaks! :)