Apple CarPlay on Portofino $4,219 - Is that a price list typo? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Apple CarPlay on Portofino $4,219 - Is that a price list typo?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by F430 Driver, Feb 22, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F430 Driver

F430 Driver Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2008
    Central New Jersey
    Out of curiosity I just checked and a $30,000 Hyundai Tucson has both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto included at no charge.

2. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    How about a golf bag for $10,967? Option GLF3 from my price sheet. Any takers?

3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Didn't see that option in the options list posted up-thread. Can you post your price sheet?

T

4. Gcsdave

Gcsdave Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2011
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Just been to Italy for a wonderful Atelier session for a Portofino!! Not getting car play... have it on the Volvo XC90, no cost option, and we never use it. USB iPod connection for music and Bluetooth for phone. Works fine.

My 488 spider came last week and I didn’t spec it on that! iPhone works fine on the usb/Bluetooth.

I don’t mind paying for somethings but..... there is a limit!!
    !!

F430 Driver likes this.
  5. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    What sort of delivery have you been quoted for your Portofino ? And whats your colour scheme ?

6. Gcsdave

Gcsdave Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2011
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Rosso portofino and Sabbia. The 488 spider is crema but the sabbia should be a little easier to keep clean!!

Delivery.. I put a deposit down the day I got back from the launch in portofino. They are saying late July to early September, but I know they have slipped a bit as the dealer demo is now 4 weeks late.

7. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    I may live in the heart of Silicon Valley,but I do mechanics not electronics. I have no idea how to put a picture of my price sheet on a forum. Here is another item: Trolleys + Suit Holder For Trunk,Option BAGT,$7,593. What do you suppose you get for that?

8. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Lol. That's a wacky price. I like my Cali luggage, but I don't $8K love it. Better to spend the dough on performance upgrades like a CF cup holder!
    T

9. triplekg

triplekg Rookie

Apr 17, 2018
    LOL No chance.

10. GlowRed

GlowRed Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2012
    West Midlands, UK
    Since CarPlay was first introduced a few years ago, Apple has prevented all navigation apps, except Apple Maps from working with CarPlay.

Beginning this Autumn with the launch of iOS 12, Apple has announced that it will allow navigation apps to work with CarPlay, such as Google Maps and Waze.

Apple didn't actually say when (or even if) Google Maps and Waze would be available with CarPlay but I’m sure they eventually will work.

Does this now add more value to the price of CarPlay in the Portofino?

11. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    ^That'd be a major plus. Worth 4 grand? Not to me, but for someone using their F-car as a DD, perhaps. My iPhone does well enough with Waze & Google Maps for the few times I am going some place unfamiliar in my Cali...T

12. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    If I’m gonna pay 10 grand for a carbon cup holder, no way am I gonna cheap out and skip the CarPlay!

Hahahaha!!!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

13. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Hey now, don't exaggerate, the CF cup holder is only 2500 beans!
    T

jumpinjohn and F430 Driver like this.
  14. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Here’s how it goes. Well, if I get the driver’s area in carbon, I should get the bridge. And if I get the bridge, I may as well get the cup holder. If I get the cup holder....

Reminds me of a book I used to read to the kids, “If You Give A Moose A Muffin”...

15. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Lol. In for a penny, in for a pound.
    To be honest, looking at the configurator, I can't tell what adding the driver's area in CF adds to the interior look! I either need a bigger monitor or better eyesight. The one part of the interior that looked cheap-ish on the interior to me was the aluminum/plastic air vents for the AC. Would be worth replacing those with CF or some such...T

jumpinjohn likes this.
  16. toshiba

toshiba Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Santa
    oh they gave you the "sucker" list, when they saw you pulled out your new iPhone X

shoulda pulled out a Samsung, that sheet says $300 for apple play

hahahahahahahah

jumpinjohn likes this.
  17. toshiba

toshiba Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Santa
    has anyone asked the dealer why apple play is that price? point out it's in 25k cars and see what they say, LOL

18. SL%%

SL%% Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2008
    I feel you all but in my country, everything almost comes with it as the pricing here is crazy

488 Spider = USD $550,000.00
    California T = USD $500,000.00
    812 Superfast = USD $750,000

19. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    I’ll dig out my old Nokia. That sheet probably says throw it in for free!