Moving to Florida from California | FerrariChat

Moving to Florida from California

Discussion in 'Florida' started by F1.360.LOVER, May 3, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F1.360.LOVER

F1.360.LOVER Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2009
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Nate
    I will be moving to Florida in the next 6 months. I am a member of the FCA. I have a 360. My house is in St. Petersburg. I have been to Ferrari of Tampa Bay in Palm Harbor. Any suggestions on independent shops for routine maintenance? Although the service manager at Ferrari of Tampa Bay was nice to speak to. Any feedback is appreciated.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I am making the same move.
    I had a very bad experience with ferrari of orlando at the time of purchasing my car but the gm there as well as the new tampa tech (Anthony) were nice!
    Good luck with everything!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. F1.360.LOVER

Dec 12, 2009
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Nate
    Thank you

4. Tides

Tides Karting

Sep 5, 2015
    F of TB are good to deal with - for independent - check out Eibell Performance at 110th Avenue North in Clearwater - ask for Kurt - they are good to deal with and are Ferrari dealership trained

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    For an independent shop I recommend Frank Maderi at Forza Motor Cars in Largo. He's done service on several Ferraris I've had over the years.

6. F1.360.LOVER

Dec 12, 2009
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Nate
    Thanks

7. 4redude

4redude Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2005
    Fungus Corner
    Full Name:
    Brian Keegan
  8. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Anthony(service manager) Tampa Bay Ferrari is very knowledgeable, helpful and my dealings with them have been favorable. As for non dealer 360 service I had mine done by Independent Bill Fulrod owner of Speedworks in Central Fl. Bill is very through,knows the 360 very well,races a 360. My recent service was a Major with Belt & var. chge, Also Motor mounts. Will pick up and deliver your car reasonably in covered trailer. My 360 ran better than day 1. [email protected] , Land line 407-6881120

9. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

If my car was out of warranty I would use Gabe in a heartbeat. Great guy and very knowledgeable. Best , Kirk.

10. F1.360.LOVER

Dec 12, 2009
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Nate
    Thanks for the heads up. Florida seems like a pretty flat state with not a lot of twisty roads and elevation changes. Any favorites?

11. tatcat

tatcat F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2001
    panama city beach FL
    Full Name:
    rick c
    Plenty of hills and twisties up here in the panhandle

thorn, Natkingcolebasket69 and Wade like this.
  12. mr_bock

mr_bock Formula 3

Oct 27, 2006
    FL full time
    There's always the cloverleaf ramps and overpasses at highway interchanges....

Though not the same as twisty back roads of Virginia

13. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Having just moved to florida myself from california i am really saddened by the roads...worst drivers in the nation in miami (40% increase in my insurance) and really its more about showing off than driving experience...
    BUT i am not giving up just yet, i am hoping to find good roads and day drive excursion from Miami;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. bubbaboy

bubbaboy Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    Winter Park, FL
    Full Name:
    John
    I'm also relatively new to Florida and have to agree, I think Florida as a state must have the worst drivers in the country. The roads I've actually gotten used to, yes they are flat and very straight, but they are usually in very good condition and are easy on my cars. I'm from NYC and the roads in that part of the country are not good. JD

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  15. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    FL is why the Bullrun was so popular (high-speed on highways). But the traffic nowadays makes that [mostly] a thing of the past.

But yeah, gotta go to the Panhandle to find sports car roads (in the classic sense).

16. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    George,

We still miss you up here in Virginia! I hope you and Carolina are doing well?

Bill P.

17. mr_bock

mr_bock Formula 3

Oct 27, 2006
    FL full time
    Hi Bill,
    Nice to hear we are thought about! Carola and I are doing great here. We love our location, the house and the weather for the most part. I sold the 360 last year, but my 993 Porsche is in top notch shape.
    Hope all is going well for you!!!
    Take care my friend!!!

Mmckee likes this.
  18. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    Come up to North FL and tour the gulf coast highway... we have good driving roads, the prettiest girls, and the best seafood.

Texas Forever likes this.
  19. mr_bock

mr_bock Formula 3

Oct 27, 2006
    FL full time
    That sounds like a plan... I been up to Apalachicola a couple of times for Christmas. The oysters there are The Best!!!!!

Texas Forever likes this.