What Is The Next Ferrari Model To Jump In Value? | Page 6 | FerrariChat

What Is The Next Ferrari Model To Jump In Value?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Rossocorsa1, Jun 27, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MonsterCro

MonsterCro Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2014
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    From what I was told is was 1 of 3 ever made in RHD dont know how acurate the info is though.

I have a 599 and I wish it was a manual. I just dont really feel the car. Still a fantastic car but for some reason it doesn't excite me to drive hence why it was only driven once in the last 12 months. I enjoy my 308 more than the 599

2. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I sold one of only a few 456M's in Rosso Corsa with shields and a tan Daytona interior because it was an automatic, so I get where you're coming from. It was a great touring car, but not engaging enough. My 308 actually doesn't impress me performance wise, which is why I got a 360 manual now. It's an absolute blast.

3. MonsterCro

MonsterCro Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2014
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yes a 360 manual would be a great drive. The 308 does lack the performance but its a great drive

The prices for manual Ferrari's from the 355 to the 430 are insanely high here in Australia

G. Pepper likes this.
  4. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    You must not have listened to the whole review. He loved it !

5. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    That's not what the market is saying. 575s with a stick carry a premium over the F1s. The sad truth is the F1 wasn't a very good transmission. The DCT is far, far, far superior. I had one in a Porsche Cayman, and it was unbelievable. I'd be in 7th and pull out to pass a car, and the damn thing would downshift to third and then start upshifting faster than I can type this.

The other truth is 550s, 575s, 355s, 360s, and 430s are just cars, not investments. They're great cars and lot of fun, but they will not be investments for maybe another 10 to 15 years.

Blitz88 and G. Pepper like this.
  6. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Yep , but the 550 was the 'last manual ONLY V12';)

LARRYH likes this.
  7. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    “The other truth is 550s, 575s, 355s, 360s, and 430s are just cars, not investments. They're great cars and lot of fun, but they will not be investments for maybe another 10 to 15 years.”

I agree. I own my cars to enjoy, compete and show at concourses, and preserve originality. I don’t own them for investments. That said, given how thoroughly many of these cars are used (as they should) the finest examples of them will be valued at a premium.

8. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    It's common knowledge that the most, and maybe only collectible, post Boxer Ferrari, excluding supercars, is the 550 Barchetta. :D

LARRYH likes this.
  9. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Except if its a sportscar, then sticks fetch a used premium of 20-200%

Texas Forever likes this.
  10. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    That makes me wonder if they made any manual Superamericas.

11. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    G. Pepper likes this.
  12. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I'm under 35 and have been driving a stick shift since 17. We didn't have a stick shift car growing up, but I wanted one. Thankfully one of my friends had a 2000 B5 S4 with a stick and let me practice. My other friend got an IS300 in a stick by choice for fun (never had one before and none in family) and my brother wanted a stick, too (Honda Civic and now Hyundai Elantra, by choice).

There are people out there that still want a stick even if their family never owned one and without convincing from others.

13. Carper

Carper Karting

Aug 13, 2017
    Suffolk, UK
    Interesting to note that in the UK probably 75 - 85% of drivers have never driven an auto and likely would not know how to drive one without tuition.

14. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    For “regular” cars, I believe that. When I was in Europe last year it seemed like everyone car was a manual. But, we’re talking Ferrari’s. We all know that hasn’t been the case for a long time.

15. davidoloan

davidoloan Formula Junior

May 6, 2009
    Full Name:
    David
    That’s changing now. I think everyone still learns in a manual, and does their test in a manual, but autos and all the new types of gearboxes are much more common.

16. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    The super America is a super stupid car. It should be banished from even being considered a ferrari. The dumbass thought of that roof and function should have been fired. Sorry. It's just horrendous. That car should be the cheapest 575 available. What a joke that thing was.

G. Pepper likes this.
  17. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    I happen to think it is a fantastic car and great design.

18. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    I dont doubt it but they're way less than 5% of the population and of that 5%, the pool of buyers of stick shift vehicles with the crowd 35 and under is not that large, and with what sticks are trading for today, odds are in favor for a regression longer term. A combination of a new generation wanting "their" cars combined with less and less knowing or caring to drive a stick is not bullish long term for some of these cars. Its pointless all of us debating it bc we wont know till the time comes but Im sorry I just dont see it longer term. The automatics are not that bad, I had an egear murcielago and it was awesome, the F1 575 is great, and my fully automatic SLR is a monster in a straightline. I have had 3 exotics, none have been sticks, and all 3 have been absolutely incredible....well except the SLR, but that has more to do with comfort and maintenance costs than lack of a stick.

Im sure sticks are a blast, but non sticks are not that bad and a way larger percent of society under 35 moving forward can drive them.My wife loves driving our exotics, she couldn't drive a stick either. Alot of people on this site put down the early F1 systems but people forget that longer term as an investment, these early systems that dont exist anymore, thats what usually gains traction as an investment. Why are air cooled porsche's soaring today for example? Ferrari has more of a chance of making a stick car in the future again than a car equipped with an F1 system. Porsche brought back the stick in its GT3 and Ferrari probably will too if the demand is there, but the F1 system will never return bc the DCT is better. So basically all the "F1" ferraris out there will forever be the only ones with the F1, the stick ones, there very well could be more down the road, the F1 system is a rarity and will forever be a minority of ferraris ever made. Whether its good or not wont matter in the long run as investors seek out the old......

19. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    There’s nothing to argue about. This is just fact. A very small percentage of US drivers under the age of 30 can’t drive a stick nor do they have any desire to. Take your pill and swallow it. Obviously some will learn, particularly those who have a passion for older sports cars. As older cars trade hands in future years and decades, as today’s die hard collectors get older and divest or die, the younger crowd will have less and less interest in buying these cars. What’s to debate? It’s fact.

Formula Uno and F355 Fan 82 like this.
  20. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    I'm 48. My first car was a stick. Actually, my first 2 cars were sticks. I love sticks but I also love technology. Ferrari is a technology company who applies F1 technology to road cars, hence how a 355 F1 was born.

People grasping at the days of yesterday over sticks just gets tiring.

You know what this reminds me of, it Van Halen with David Lee Roth or Sammy Hagar. It's not a competition, enjoy both for what they are. Both are beyond awesome.

Island Time and F355 Fan 82 like this.
  21. davidoloan

May 6, 2009
    Full Name:
    David
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Wasn’t that Leonardo Fioravanti?

Dumbass is not the word I would choose.

22. davidoloan

May 6, 2009
    Full Name:
    David
    When you say your wife loves driving exotics, could you quantify this love word mathematically?

Also, I believe you have already explained why young buyers are buying air cooled Porsche’s; it’s because they are bullish on them as long term investments because they use obsolete inefficient technology such as manual gearboxes........

Oh wait, manual gearboxes are due for long term price regression. What does this mean for the long term investment potential of cars with manual wind up windows?

23. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Don’t confuse rarity with desirability.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

24. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    What word..or words would you chose?

25. davidoloan

May 6, 2009
    Full Name:
    David
    Can somebody explain to me why all these under 35’s are buying records and record players to the extent that the CD is in slow decline but the record is a commercial force again, while all over 35’s are streaming their music.

Can these under 35’s use their record players or do they just look lovingly at them, much like they do their static air cooled 911’s with unfathomable gearboxes?