50 years of Ferrari Dino celebrations 30th of June 2018 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

50 years of Ferrari Dino celebrations 30th of June 2018

Discussion in '206/246' started by GermanDino, Nov 13, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. francisn

francisn Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Berks, UK
    Full Name:
    francis newman

Here here. Well said Marcel.

A quite stupendous event. And thanks also due to Gotz who did so much work on the logo and the display and all the other helpers on the day. It was a fabulous weekend amongst other Dino owners and friends. The atmosphere was terrific and the display amazing. It will live in my memory forever.

Francis

2. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    Francis and thank you for co-ordinating the UK guys…. well done!

3. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
  4. alhbln

alhbln Formula 3
    Consultant Owner

Mar 4, 2008
    Berlin, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    This was an absolute stunning event, words literally cannot describe this if you haven't been there. The photos in this thread are a good indication how fantastic the last days have been, but sharing this space and time with hundreds of fellow Dinoisti and being able to take a close look at nearly every type and color made was really an overwhelming experience. Ferrari also really cared for us and our cars, and there were also a lot of employees coming over to experience the cars and taking lots of photos. Being able to leave the factory by the original exit "again" was a very moving and emotional moment for many of us.
    A huge thanks to Matthias for making this happen!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

dgt likes this.
  5. alhbln

alhbln Formula 3
    Consultant Owner

Mar 4, 2008
    Berlin, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    TTR and dgt like this.
  6. francisn

francisn Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Berks, UK
    Full Name:
    francis newman
    Would how been nice to meet you Adrian. But can't do everything!

Francis

7. dgt

dgt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2011
    Northeast, USA & Oz
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    This was a once in a lifetime event, what Matthias and his group of Dino enthusiasts organized was amazing. You cannot pay money to do the things we experienced last weekend and I want to thank them for this incredible event.

I brought my daughter to the event as my navigator and shipped my L-series from MA, USA. We had such a great time, so many wonderful people in the Ferrari club of Germany, who hosted us.

I was so happy to reconnect with Dino buddies from past trips and finally meet face to face with my friend Peter from Copenhagen, also Adrian, Manfred, Neil, Rorky ( jr and sr) and many others. The most bizzare thing was sitting with Shawn at lunch in Ferrari’s cafeteria. I’m pretty confident that won’t happen again!

Today, I drove my Dino through the Stelvio pass near the Swiss border. It’s been quite a week!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

absostone likes this.
  8. francisn

francisn Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Berks, UK
    Full Name:
    francis newman
    Well done Andrew, driving my car from UK pales into insignificance compared to what you did to be there! But you are right - it was an absolute once in a lifetime event. Will never forget it.

Francis

dgt likes this.
  9. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    synchro, dgt, Albert V8 and 4 others like this.
  10. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    dgt likes this.
  11. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Very happy for all who took part, seems like it was really special:)
    Well done Herr Dino;-)
    Wish I had gone.
    Do you have a breakdown of participants by country and how many came from the US?
    I am beginning work on another fiftieth in 2022 (not a Ferrari) and definitely want Americans to come so the experience of those who took part is of interest to me, I would love to hear from them, here or by PM, thanks in advance.

12. TomTerry

TomTerry Karting

Jan 20, 2008
    MM, So well said, but to add to this is I heard Matthias actually say he was planning for 5 years.
    Forza Matthias!

If you have not gone on Matthias trip then I must say how well planned it is. One hero not well mentioned is his Mechanical team to handle any Dino problem. I stopped when I saw the UK father-son team living in Germany >(forget names, sorry) break down on day 1, perhaps we can help another Dino?

Manfred und Kristin appeared and in minutes he had removed the distributor from above (not a single nut, dado or bolt dropped on ground!), diagnosed the problem and Kristin had ordered the part. >Meticulous, detailed, precise work by Manfred. When this was done he did not stay to be Thanked, off quickly to another Dino with a different problem 10Km down the road. He keeps the Dinos on the road but is a quiet, polite one.

Maximum Thank You Manfred und Kristin

dgt and absostone like this.
  13. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    just wanted to add…. 30th of June 2018 was also the 62nd anniversary of Alfredo Dino Ferrari`s death, died on 30th of June 1956 at the age of 24....

14. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    #90 GermanDino, Jul 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    LARRYH likes this.
  15. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
  16. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    synchro, dgt and cnpapa24 like this.
  17. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    synchro and dgt like this.
  18. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    LARRYH, dgt, Rory J and 1 other person like this.
  19. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
  20. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    To Matthias and his organization team I would like to publicly extend my greatest admiration and congratulations on organizing a wonderful event. Regrettably Paul and I were not able to attend but we followed it with great respect and even a little envy :) here on Ferrari Chat. It is great to see so many Dino cars and owners together and from the amount of brake dust on the wheels it appears as though a good amount of driving was done. Well done!

21. topolino

topolino Karting

Jul 21, 2006
    Aachen Germany
    Full Name:
    Hein Brand
    Danke, Matthias !

22. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
  23. francisn

francisn Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Berks, UK
    Full Name:
    francis newman
    It is a beautiful memento Matthias and it will take pride of place in the Ferrari display in my living room, next to a model of my Dino 308GT4
    Thank you for noting that Matthias. I am sure we were all thinking of Dino on Saturday, even though we didn't realise it was the anniversary of his death. Just in the name of our cars he left a big legacy.

24. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    no is not....

375+ likes this.