F40 Photos | Page 110 | FerrariChat

F40 Photos

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by TexasMike, Mar 5, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fbrs2

fbrs2 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2012
    UK
    The event was just a trackday at Silverstone last week to shakedown the car after a rebuild, but it went so well that we had time after the morning testing to just enjoy the car. It was awesome; I'm still buzzing a week later. The car is a long story that I was thinking about doing a thread on but to be honest given the grief non standard cars get on here i have been a bit reluctant.

amenasce likes this.
  2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Please do. I know many of us love seeing and learning about modified F40s. Esp with a ton of photos!

of2worlds and HerbieNL like this.
  3. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    Absolutely.

of2worlds likes this.
  4. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    Would also love to know the back story on this example

5. ok458

ok458 Karting

Apr 2, 2010
  6. Trax

Trax Formula 3

May 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    I was there and it was a real shame because I had been thinking about bringing my F40 along as well
    Anyway here are a few more pictures

7. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Is that the Simpson modified F40 with a Maranello engine?

8. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
    [​IMG]
    Photo by: Ken

Sir_Ferrari and NürScud like this.
  9. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
    [​IMG]
    Photo by: Ken

Boomhauer and supergrilldds like this.
  10. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    I was thinking the same, this one is running a turbo engine, and I believe the Simpsons car has also reverted back to original.

I think they may have built a couple over the years though, one was based on an accident damaged US spec car I believe.

11. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I guess I’m one of the earlier referenced purists that hate the mods, but an owner can do as they please with their property.

12. fbrs2

fbrs2 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2012
    UK
    That's the one. I guess I'll have to do a thread on it now.

of2worlds and PAUL500 like this.
  13. fbrs2

fbrs2 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2012
    UK
    That didn't take long :D

Boomhauer likes this.
  14. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

HA. I couldn’t help myself. To each their own. Enjoy.

15. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    Yep :)

16. fbrs2

fbrs2 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2012
    UK
    Of course everyone is welcome to their opinion. It's a work in progress. Once we've got it safe, fast and reliable and had some fun driving, so far so good, we'll worry about how it looks...

17. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    If your intent as you stated was to upset the purists, then you got what you were asking for, right? ;)

The notion that if you are fortunate to possess one of these magnificent machines it should be preserved as the artisans built it as a nod of respect to them & Enzo should not IMHO be described as grief to those who do not feel that way, it's actually how the majority of F40 and Ferrari owners feel, and it's as legitimate a feeling as the desire to mod. Meanwhile, all F40s including yours are cool cars, and if the story is told in a straightforward manner without any preconceived notions or jabs at so-called purists, I'm sure everyone will be receptive and we might all learn something. If you prefer to start another thread or even keep it private, that's understandable too.

18. fbrs2

fbrs2 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2012
    UK
    For the avoidance of any doubt it was not really my intention to actually upset anyone! Let's save it for another thread and let this one carry on with pictures.

19. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    If fbrs2s car is the one I am thinking of, and I have seen the before pics of that car when it arrived in the UK, then it really is the Steve Austin of F40s!!!!!!

Better, faster, stronger, a car barely alive, but Simpsons had the technology :)

Cannot wait for the build thread.

20. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
  21. Ferrari27

Ferrari27 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2010
    I would love to know more about the Simpson F40s as there appears to be much mystery surrounding them.

I cannot wait to see a separate thread on this car that will hopefully clear up some of the confusion.

Robert

22. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Understood, now that you have clarified this.

23. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
  24. luigisayshello

luigisayshello Karting

Jul 9, 2014
    The thing is the f40 was not intended to be like this, the real f40 is the LM spec, the road f40 is a tamed down to fit the lesser skills of the clients. The artisans, aka Materazzi wanted 600 hp better brakes, and a whole range of things. Hell if he was well, he would be the one doing the upgrades. Hell Enzo got into supplier problems, because the engineer (the actual one person behind the WHOLE car) didn't like the KK turbos that supplied F1 cars and liked the IHI japanese units. Do you think he would be calling ultraje to garrett turbos that spool faster and make a smoother line? Or a standalone ecu?Better brakes, etc? That's what he would had done if these parts and tech was available. The thing he was adamant was light, no abs, no electric aids and a car that drivers could enjoy driving fast. Ala caterham philosophy but with Ferrari genes.

So anything that doesn't add weight and augments the power and it's delivery, and increases the driving ability (suspension and brakes) doesn't go against the philosophy of the car or the engineer. Hell the stradale version of the f40 goes more against the philosophy of the car than the modded cars.

An ultraje is for f40 that are used by good drivers to be kept oroginal. But one has to be honest about their breath of ability.

25. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Alright, too much chat. Let's see the dedicated thread please.