Sold - 2006 F430 Manual Spider Red/Tan, Warranty $246k MSRP | FerrariChat

Sold 2006 F430 Manual Spider Red/Tan, Warranty $246k MSRP

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by carz80am, Jun 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    2006 Ferrari F430 Manual Spider
    19,500 Miles
    I bought it back in February from Ferrari of Washington and they gave a 1 year warranty, also can be extended yearly at an additional cost.
    Ferrari Financial told me original MSRP was $246,379 but I do not have a copy of it
    Has some nice options like carbon fiber inside and engine compartment
    Clean Carfax, I'm the 3rd Owner, No issues, drives great, looks great
    Has all books,cover, keys, flashlight. Also has newer trickle charger installed which is very easy to use

$175k and have dealer that can assist if necessary
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

anunakki likes this.
  2. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Beautiful! Love all of the carbon fiber. What kind of service records do you have? Do you know if the headers have been replaced? Carbon Ceramic brakes?

3. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    Ferrari of Washington has service history for the last few years as they have been maintaining it. I don't know if the headers have been replaced or about the brakes. Ferrari did certify it and it has a warranty.

4. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
  5. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    If only it were a F1..... Oh wait, that hasn't been the case since about 2010

Bigilo likes this.
  6. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Wow... someone just posted Hen's teeth!

7. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Why would anyone want to sell that beauty? anyhow GLWS.

8. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    Predominately garage space and not a convertible guy. I need to buy a warehouse and just leave it there

9. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Beautiful. GLWS. I’d look into that warehouse. Ten years from now you may be sorry ....

Caphill likes this.
  10. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    Your probably right, keeping going back and fourth on selling

11. crete 08 430 00 550

Oct 8, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Charles
    if still available , i am interested , 310 748 9269 thanks, Casey

12. dgerland

dgerland Rookie

Jul 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    David Gerland
    I'm considering getting rid of my 08 Porsche 911 Turbo Cab 6-speed but only if I can replace it with a F430 6-speed. I'd like to discuss your F430 with you - call me at 904-704-7532 so we can talk. David

13. 1mean3

1mean3 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 26, 2012
    Nice car. Do you have a build sheet w/options listed?

14. Bthesixthree

Bthesixthree Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 18, 2013
    CA
    Full Name:
    B

Nice car. Do you know when clutch was replaced? Also, looks like it has "normal" brakes, and not the Carbon Ceramics correct?

15. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    Unfortunately dealer didn't have it, and ferrari financial would only give me msrp amount and nothing about which options it had.

16. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    I just checked with Ferrari of Washington and he briefly looked over the service history and said they have been maintaining it religiously since 2010 and it did not look like clutch has been replaced. He also said it didn't look like brakes had been replaced either so he couldn't tell me if they were normal or ceramic, I said they are probably normal since the calipers weren't yellow, but he said they could be. Sorry, I know that probably isn't much help...

Bthesixthree likes this.
  17. Bthesixthree

Bthesixthree Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 18, 2013
    CA
    Full Name:
    B
    No problem. I'll be in touch. May have a friend interested.

18. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    That sounds odd for them to say - it should be easy for them to tell by looking at the rotors. The ceramic ones look pretty different.

Already said it above, but again, beautiful car!

19. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    Yeah, they said they would need to look at the car to tell, so I may take it to them in the next day or so and just get confirmation of which brakes it has. He couldn't tell me on the phone as the car is with me. Thanks

20. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
    You could take a close up pic of the brake rotor and post it, if thats easier. Many people here can tell you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    I actually just sent this to my salesman before I saw that you posted and he said it does have ceramic and it was like a $20k option. Thanks
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    #23 arizonaitalian, Jul 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    Any dealer can run the build sheet for you. The Service Manager can do it. (it won't show the prices of the options, but it will show colors, options. For clarity, they cannot get the window sticker, but can get this print out)

Also, the dealer service records will show the clutch wear percentage, from that you should be able to tell if its on its first clutch or a replacement clutch. Also the dealer will have access to warranty repairs history and that should answer the "new headers" question. And they can get the ceramic rotor wear from the last service also.

Really, a few questions to the dealer will get you and any prospective buyer some important info about the car that most folks want to know when buying one of these.

After buying this car from them, I would insist on getting the build sheet, warranty history and service records from the dealer (yeah, they might claim "prior customer privacy" on the service records, but it would not be the first time a dealer service manager blacked out the customer name and provided records to a new owner).

23. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    So I asked my salesman, ferrari financial, and the service advisor and they said they couldn't get a built/spec sheet. They did get me one for my 2016 f12 at one point, so maybe it has to do with the year. In regards to printing out service records, they said it would take hours as they would need to black out the prior owners info, so I didn't hound them. I should be getting the ferrari inspection/certification report from earlier this year in the next day or so and go from there.

24. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    I have gotten build sheets for cars older than yours, from that year, and from subsequent years, so I doubt it’s the year. Who knows, nothing surprises me with ferrari and details and systems...

I printed 30 pages of my service records recently and blacked out my name and address and phone...took me less than 10 minutes. (My service advisor happily emailed me PDFs of all of my records for the last 7 years)

(The cert/warr inspection should list the clutch and brake percentages. And they darn well can at least tell you the warranty history and thus find out about the exhaust manifolds)

Sorry to hear they are not being helpful to a customer.

Anyways, I was trying to be helpful, not challenging. This car looks like a great example. GLWS.