FORMULA 1 2018 ROLEX BRITISH GRAND PRIX: RACE *** SPOILERS *** | Page 27 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 2018 ROLEX BRITISH GRAND PRIX: RACE *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Jul 7, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

The cars are seen in numerous online or print sources. From Royalty to the local dentist. Ferrari are in no special need of a celebrity. Its understood who drives them overall. The brand is well known celebrity driver or not. Lets keep all this in perspective. They have a waiting list for new and sell out each year. Ferrari need no help with advertising by one driver or musician in particular. Ferrari itself lack nothing in brand power or recognition. Oh....wow....a ______ drives a Ferrari. Hardly news.

2. BMWairhead

BMWairhead Formula 3

Sep 11, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Abraham Lincoln has none...where we going with this? :cool:

Jakuzzi, DF1, 375+ and 1 other person like this.
  3. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Just because twitter count is lower or higher isn't a good barometer of how well known or unknown a driver is. The Lincoln example you brought up is pretty silly and i hope it was meant as a joke.

4. BMWairhead

BMWairhead Formula 3

Sep 11, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Of course the Abe Lincoln example is a joke.

We are talking about the current Formula 1. The existing audience is aging...the new audience that Liberty would like to attract is younger and is digitally native...Liberty is a marketing company and understands these things...

Ferrari sells cars, but the real value in F1 is selling hats and T-shirts...a person with 5.4 million interested audience members who care about what he says, does, and WEARS is huge. Until I hear Marchionne say that it will never happen, then I stick with the obvious fact that at the end of the day, business is business. Very few F1 decisions are made based on emotions.

I am NOT a Ham fan...but, he is the best marketing opportunity in the paddock. We might not appreciate that, but we are looking at it emotionally...logic says driving for Ferrari makes sense for both Ham and the Scuderia. Therefore, I refuse to rule it out.

5. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    :D:D:D

Jakuzzi likes this.
  6. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    :p:p:p

7. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Ferrari needs Hamilton for the marketing? That´s like teaching your father how kids are made.

But soon Ferrari will be selling SUVs, and this is the world we´re living in: pop stars with SUVs. "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..."

8. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    I'm going to stick to Enzo Ferrari and a contrasting logic like some of the other fellas on here :cool:

9. Tifosi Ferrari

Tifosi Ferrari Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2017
    Ferrari is always associated with F1. Lewis with Ferrari will be icing on the cake in terms of brand name recognition. Though I don't think they are please with Lewis's latest antics.

10. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Talking of Football (Soccer) looks like nothing is going home to Uk trophy wise,one is going to Italy and the other one to either France or Croatia:(

11. MrF355

MrF355 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Kimi
    Ferrari needs no one for brand name recognition. Everyone knows of Ferrari. Not everyone knows who Hamilton is.

Ferrari and F1 are intertwined. Ferrari has been part of F1 from day one. They are the only constant in the history of F1 which is why they are always associated with F1.

12. PDX_214

PDX_214 Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    J
  13. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    PDX_214 and crinoid like this.
  14. I mentioned this elsewhere....Germany is exackly mid-season.....'care to make a small wager? :cool:

15. Tifosi Ferrari

Tifosi Ferrari Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2017
    I know that Ferrari doesn't need Ham. The name alone is respected and is famous. I am just adding that LH could easily be more famous by driving for them. Though I am suspecting Ham isn't very interested at all in driving for them. And so does Ferrari. They don't need Ham they alone can sweep drivers they want and most would accept it.

16. BMWairhead

BMWairhead Formula 3

Sep 11, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Brand recognition isn't the issue... it's the certain percentage of fans who mimic their heros. That sells a lot of hats...way more than a simple association with F1...no matter how long that legacy has been active.

17. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Lewis is admired by many but does this really shine on Mercedes? I am sure that a lot of his fans follow him and do not care what car he is sitting in. So one might ask what benefit Ferrari would have with him driving for them marketing wise...
    And looking at his character elevating above the team when he wins, I can´t imagine that a team that proud would take this the way Mercedes does. I doubt anyone on the pit wall would bend over the way they did on team radio after a strategy mistake at Mercedes....At Ferrari not in hundred years.
    Ferraris self reflection is that the driver has to be thankful to drive for the Scuderia and not the other way round, so I doubt that Lewis and Ferrari match at all....

stavura, NEP, freshmeat and 1 other person like this.
  18. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Why would Lewis join Ferrari? Isn't that the team that told Kimi to go and hit him in the British GP? :)

BMWairhead and 375+ like this.
  19. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #669 TheMayor, Jul 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    IMO, people should have really stomped on Lewis for his suggestion Ferrari used tactics to get him out of the race.

Not only was it disgraceful in making the claim right after the race in view of millions of viewers and thereby being harmful to the sport, he and Mercedes have no evidence in either actions of Ferrari, Kimi, or the car data or videos to support it AT ALL. And they had the entire race to find any such evidence and present it to the stewards.

Lewis and the Merc team should come forward with their evidence of these PUBLIC statements. If they have none, a major financial penalty should be levied.

stavura, NEP, moretti and 1 other person like this.
  20. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    I cannot see the reason for either Lewis Hamilton or Ferrari to join forces.

Mercedes has provided Lewis with card blanche to be himself and sell his brand and he is in at a team that is 100% behind him and let him take all the credit. Lewis has thrived in this atmosphere and it suits his personality well. At Mercedes he does not have to deal with the Italian press or the pressures of driving for Ferrari.

Ferrari do not need Lewis either, they have Sebastien Vettel who is just as good and understands that Ferrari is all that matters and that the driver is privileged to drive for Ferrari. Vettel does all of the required Ferrari PR without complaint.

It seems to me that Lewis already has what he wants and needs as does Ferrari, why would either make a change when one is not warranted?

stavura, NEP and 375+ like this.
  21. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Ferrari is greater than any driver or any other employee. Witness Phil Hill, John Surtees, Tambay, Alboreto, Schumacher--and Lampredi, Chiti, Bizzarrini, Tavoni, Forghieri and Montezemolo.
    Lewis is a fine driver but he is an unrelenting narcissist. He needs constant approbation to feel wanted, valued above all others and adored. He would like nothing more than to be courted by Ferrari and to deliberate endlessly--and ultimately decline the approach.
    He will never drive for Ferrari.

Finlander, stavura and NEP like this.
  22. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    The only way Lewis would jump ship to anywhere is if the Merc suddenly starts being beaten on a regular basis.This is unlikely to happen this year ,but next year who knows.

23. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    It's already happening

24. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Really? I do hope you're right. But, talk to me after Spa and Monza.

25. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    He was given a "get-out-of-jail" card by the English press, ....... his and Toto's comments were well out of line and should have been penalised heavily

They either put up or shut up !!

Kimi or Ferrari are cheats ??

Prove it !!

McLaren-gate anyone ??

stavura and NEP like this.