What Is The Next Ferrari Model To Jump In Value? | Page 13 | FerrariChat

What Is The Next Ferrari Model To Jump In Value?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Rossocorsa1, Jun 27, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mike-456M

Mike-456M Rookie

Jun 10, 2016
    Warmer analog sound compared to a CD unless the latter Is in a high-resolution audio format. Even then some will argue that A-D conversion loses something in translation.

2. Mike-456M

Mike-456M Rookie

Jun 10, 2016
    Orlando MSA population iin 2018 is 2.4 million.

3. Mike-456M

Mike-456M Rookie

Jun 10, 2016
    There’s a micro switch on the linkage that automatically disengages the clutch when the shift lever is moved. Porsche had a similar system called the Sportomatic, and Mercedes offered a variant whose name escapes me back in the 60s. All use a torque converter so the car can be left in gear at a stop.

alexion and davemqv like this.
  4. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Hydrak ..had it on my '59 220s http://www.mbzponton.org/valueadded/maintenance/hydrak.htm

Mike-456M likes this.
  5. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

You should present your car at the Cavallino Classic and FCA National Meet.

6. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    Are you sure the Valeo uses a torque converter?

7. Mike-456M

Mike-456M Rookie

Jun 10, 2016
    Received a gold award at the national meet soon after I bought the car and before I addressed a number of issues. Contemplating the Cavallino Classic in 2019.

8. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Hope you do. If Concourse competition is a passion of yours the Cavallino is the Pinnacle Ferrari event.

9. Mike-456M

Mike-456M Rookie

Jun 10, 2016
    I am not personally familiar with that particular system, but the others I mentioned are basic electro-hydraulic mechanisms that do have a fluid coupling (not a torque converter, I misspoke) between the engine and clutch to allow idling in gear. Valeo, with its more advanced ECU controls may have chosen to forego the coupling, and it’s inherent efficiency loss, and instead use a vehicle speed sensor to disengage the clutch near and at a stop. An interesting side effect of these systems is that if you like to keep your hand on the shifter during acceleration or driving you will have to unlearn that habit or spend a lot of time in “neutral!”

10. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    It's not as sensitive as you think. You can hold your hand on the shift lever and the car will not go in nuetral until a downward or upward motion to shift gears takes place.

11. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    I was under the impression that the transmission in a Valeo car was no different than the a non-Valeo car of the same year. Let me see if I can get a real Valeo owner in here to explain.

12. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I should really put the Cavallino Classic and the FCA Annual Meet on the same level. In the Ferrari Concours world, I’ve always thought of th Cavallino Classic as the Masters and the FCA Meet as the US Open (to borrow a golf analogy).

13. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Valeo uses a clutch, it was the precursor to the f1 trans in the f355. They also built an f40 with it for GIanni Agnelli. It uses the same trans as the manuals, just automated the clutch, no torque converter.

sixcarbs likes this.
  14. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I don't see that adding any value, there are plenty of 400's in the US with automatics available. The manual versions of both are worth more as the autos sacrifice performance for the smoothness. The f1's have no such compromise.

I think an f355 GTS f1 will be worth money some day as they are the lowest production f355 variant and also the first car with an f1 transmission to go along with a bunch of other cool stuff (like ITB's, 100+hp per liter, great sound, great looks with performance to match, removable top etc).

I didn't put my money in that spot though, I got a manual GTB as that's what I wanted, but if talking purely value I think an f1 gts will be where it's at.

15. Mike-456M

Mike-456M Rookie

Jun 10, 2016
    That's good. I have driven the Mercedes system and it is definitely "hands off" the column-mounted shift lever unless you are changing gears. Reports I have read on the Porsche Sportomatic indicate it is equally sensitive.

alexion likes this.
  16. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004
    Seems like F1 transmissions will be considered a negative for quite some time--not a benefit.

17. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    Ferrari 348 Serie Special and the 355 serie fiorano weren't there only 100 of each made? I don't know the 355 fiorano and whats so special about it but there's only 100 of each I believe. I saw a bmw z8 this weekend for sale for $115k with 96k miles, I can't say I've ever seen a newer Ferrari with that type of mileage but pretty remarkable the newer Ferraris aren't worth more with the z8 worth so much more. The Z8 didn't even have 400 hp, 395 and its not too limited almost 6000 were made.

18. CChung

CChung Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2003
    Southern California
    I have an '08 6MT 430 coupe red/tan up for sale with 5800 miles. Do guys think this will jump in value? Thanks for any replies!

19. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    If you bought it at the peak 1-2 years ago for waaaay over market, you might not have any jump in value. I do recall that to post a car for sale you need a membership IIRC.

People can ask whatever they want. Whether it gets it will be seen. There are a few on the open market with ALOT less miles for 1-5% more. I suspect the market is deflating personally and those dealers who are asking the high prices are going to have to eat a loss...

Texas Forever likes this.
  20. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Then its not valuable because of the SUPPLY, but the DEMAND. Same argument the exotic crowd uses with the '05-'06 Ford GT. There are alot of BMW fans who want their version of the halo car.

21. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    The funny thing is that the Z8 is really just a rebodied E39 M5 with a garbage chassis. The E39 chassis is better whereas the Z8 had a poorly designed one that required recall. I think the car is drop dead gorgeous, but no reassurance on recall work/redesign would ever convince to spend silly money like that on it. I rather have a proper chassis like a Ferrari and more power to boot. An E39 M5 can still be a stablemate for those that love the S62 motor.

22. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I'm a BMW fan more than anything and my halo BMW is the McLaren F1. Not completely a BMW of course, but that S70/2 hit the spot for me. 2x 24 Hour LeMans winning engine (1995 and 1999). ;)

23. Remember the alamo

Dec 9, 2014
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Jeff
  24. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  25. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Here's his video. Remember, there's no clutch pedal.

alexion likes this.