Jealousy and rude on roads. | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Jealousy and rude on roads.

Discussion in '360/430' started by 2bf360, Dec 21, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I dislike loud bikes, especially HD's - I ride BMW's - and loud cars too. My 360 came with a Capristo, which I replaced with a valved Challenge Stradale exhaust, just so I could be quiet most of the time.

Texas Forever and I'm 360 Canuck like this.
  2. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    Me too... it’s the same as an old 80s civic with a huge fart can exhaust, if your engine’s exhaust note isn’t particularly good, there’s no need to make it louder.

3. Keith360

Keith360 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2015
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Keith Williams
    I have only had positive experiences while driving in a city of 120,000 people. Sometimes I get some kid at a stop sign who wants to race his after market turbo charged 1990's Honda Civic. I just roll the window down when calls me out and respond "I think I already won".

4. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    This is a true story.

I was with my F430 on the Vegas strip stuck in traffic at a light. Next to me where three young guys in the front seat of some kind of Japanese Sedan. Probably 19 or 20 years old. They look over at me and yell out "Hey man! How much did you pay for that thing?"

I would get that question all the time. So this time I just held up 3 fingers. They went "300 grand? Really?"

I said "No. Three dollars. I won it playing a slot machine".

Their mouths fell open, the light turned green, and I drove away smiling. :)

I wish I was that clever all the time.

5. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    You win this thread!

Jasflora and Walt Gamble like this.
  6. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    mostly charges, mustangs, etc etc

7. cgfen

cgfen Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2015
    vista ca
    LOL
    never concern yourself with what prius operator thinks.

8. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    Prius operator may just have been saying hi, they greet each other with the finger.

Afonsolaw and kes7u like this.
  9. Walt Gamble

Walt Gamble Formula Junior

May 22, 2014
    Help me come up with an appropriate response to the, "OH! (with inflection) you have a FERRARI." Most of us worked our asses off to be able to afford one and the inference that we must think we're superior bothers me.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

2bf360 likes this.
  10. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I get that a lot filling up. "I'm just an old retired guy with no family and an expensive hobby." And then I give a hearty laugh. Breaks the ice most of the time.

E60 M5 and Walt Gamble like this.
  11. albkid

albkid Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2016
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Gas stations are the best. I generally offer that to make up for my slow legs, I have a fast car. It elicits a laugh all the time.

Walt Gamble and Flyingbrick242 like this.
  12. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    360 isnt fast. :)

13. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I have a 308 that would disagree with you. :)

14. FORZA 62

FORZA 62 Karting

Aug 22, 2007
    north east
    Full Name:
    Frank S

15. FORZA 62

FORZA 62 Karting

Aug 22, 2007
    north east
    Full Name:
    Frank S
    r

Driving today is horrific here in the New York metro area
    It may have very little to do with your car
    I don’t think they can think that deeply
    Where I live it’s up into the ADK mountains or become upset

16. albkid

albkid Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2016
    Full Name:
    Jim
    3 mph walking versus 150 mph driving. I must re-evaluate my frame of reference.:D

17. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    i'm in san antonio suburbs now..... and I get alot of thumbs up from our mostly retired military residents..... and a few kids out jogging.
    I did get a young guy in some S audi 4 door thing ride my azz.... then blow around me all fast-n-furious.....

also have to comment on how fast word get's around if you drive this to the office.... esp if you work at a smaller company..... 3 days later I get people from accounting stopping by to chat about the little red car in the car park...... nice way to break ice with other car people.

18. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I always used to drive my Ferraris early Sunday morning on two lane back roads. Only problem is bicyclists attempting assisted suicide.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

19. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Jeep greets Prius

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

whatheheck and one4torque like this.
  20. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    Next thing on your wishlist needs to an exhaust controller so you can open your valves up at will....cures that azz ridin' issue!

one4torque likes this.
  21. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    I was pulling in to a Gate gas station to get a cup of coffee and some old dude started running off his mouth, Hey big man driving up thinking you so bad in a Ferrari you are nothing man !!! He was in his late 60s with long grey hair in a pony tail looks like a tree huger to me . I acted like I did not hear him, there where people every where I was embarrass .. So as I was walking up to pay for my coffee he was standing there scratching off lottery tickets.. Out of my mouth from no where I said maybe if you can win the _UCKING lottery you could buy one !!!! Most of the people there laugh, he could not say a thing but I could hear a low mumbling . Then one time so guy scream across a parking lot YOU SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A CORVETTE, I replied I COULD NOT AFFORD TO BUY A CORVETTE !! He stood there with confused look on he face . Last of all I was watching Youtube videos of Ferrari 360s OMG !! It was me some people with there kids in there van where chasing threw traffic to catch up with to me to video my car !! here is the video link .. WHAT DO YOU THINK ??

22. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I intentionally drive below the speed limit in the right lane unless there's somebody really slow to pass, then I'm right back. Lots of people video, and I ham it up for them.

Seems to help with goodwill.

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  23. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    You have to learn to drive defensively when owning an exotic. I had a driver swerving across two lanes in front of me on the freeway. He was taking a video with his cell phone, holding it over his shoulder as he passes me.

24. vvvmd

vvvmd F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2003
    close to the Hub
    Full Name:
    Victor Villarreal
    I have a 430 six speed. The car is a bit tricky to shift smoothly at slow speeds in traffic. No flywheel means the revs drop faster than you can shift the car. I was stuck in stop and go traffic. Guy in a pickup truck pulls up next to me and tells me I need to learn to shift. I've had a manual shift car in my garage continuously since 1982

25. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Well I had the full gambit happen yesterday .I decided to go have some sushi at my favorite place and I took the 430. I had the SUV experience(they drive up quickly behind you so they can see the engine and rid your ass), this one is my least favorite, since no one ever thinks about the fact that if I put on my brakes at the same time they do they are going to crash into my car since their SUV cannot stop as fast. I had the picture takers (one swerved and almost hit me), and of course the I am going to do whatever I can to say outran Ferrari on the road today. Usually these are Honda's,or VW's driven by 20 something boys. I even had the very stupid motorcycle rider who drove like an idiot (and almost was squashed like a bug) so he could pass me. I was alone in the car (my girlfriend is at the shore for a week with her family I hate the Jersey shore), and for some reason when she is in the car with me this stuff does not seem to happen.