McLaren 600 LT!? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

McLaren 600 LT!?

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by iloveferrari, Jul 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Agree we can all have our pet hates but these guys do mostly provide a service to the car enthusiast community.

2. nice

nice Karting

Feb 17, 2016
    Scottsdale/So Cal
    Agreed.... most Mac guys are spreadsheet geeks who see in black and white... however, many mac owners are also former/present Porsche owners though ... lol

I have no loyalty to any single brand. Or maybe I am loyal to too many brands? Haha.... I guess it’s a mater of prospective.

I agree the looks of 600 are better than 720. Hence I’m selling my 720 to make room for the 600. I been told to expect it by December.

3. nice

nice Karting

Feb 17, 2016
    Scottsdale/So Cal
    Most punchable face on YouTube

4. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    720 will soon be seen as the ugly duckling of the entire Mac line up. I think you're making the right move as 600 will be exciting to drive, looks heaps better and you can only go so fast anyway. Should also hold value way better too.

Punchable for sure but what would that make Solumomdrum and shmee? It would be interesting to lock them all up in stocks in the town center and see who fares worse. They can shoot a video of that and see how quickly it goes viral! They will need some ambulances on standby and some crowd control!

5. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
  6. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Nice example, but no offense I'd take a 600LT over it. Sounds and looks miles better (imo), most likely miles faster and more fun to drive too.

7. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Dustman posts a picture of a car he owns and loves and you insult it by offering your opinion that the 600LT is more attractive,sounds better and is much faster. Based on what? Where have you heard and seen the LT. And where are are the 0-60, 1/4 mile times and Ring numbers? You must be clairvoyant.

8. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    You are entitled to opinion of course and I’m not offended. But on sound you are dead wrong. Not even the aventador s roadster sounds better than the performante. Nor the 918. I haven’t driven a f12 Tdf or Laferrari so I can’t comment there.
    I’m not sold on the performante looks, nor the 600lt. Love the P1 though.

9. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    What I find annoying and wholly irrelevant, are comments about the performance, characteristics and driving dynamics of a particular car that the poster has not only never driven, but has never even seen.

10. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    Correct its the new tires on 600LT that make it quicker than 675LT on a circuit

11. nice

nice Karting

Feb 17, 2016
    Scottsdale/So Cal
    I’m with you. I stopped watching Salomadrin. He’s constantly trying to sell garbage watches, backpacks, etc....

Shmee has better content imo but still very annoying. I only watch when he has something very exciting.

I do my best to simply not watch vehicle virgins. Too juvenile for me and annoying AF.

12. nice

nice Karting

Feb 17, 2016
    Scottsdale/So Cal
    Based on the performante being a huracan with a wing .... very tired look ... it’s not what the LT is..... it’s simply what the lambo isn’t.... the market seems to agree.... mclaren outsold Lambo in q1 and perf market is very soft.... perf is old news already... streets are littered with them.... I sold mine after 200 miles... 720 beat it on the track. Didn’t see any point for the Lambo other than sound.

Shadowfax likes this.
  13. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    You know thats not accurate. Not worth the debate but I got a good laugh. Cheers.

14. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    "McLaren outsold Lambo in Q 1 and Perf market is very soft... streets are littered with them". Which is it? If the Performante to you is a Huracan with a wing, you clearly have no clue about the differences with regard to driving dynamics, feel, speed, handling , chassis rigidity etc. The differences between the cars are unmistakable. I hope your comment is based upon limited driving time between the two rather than lack of perception.

15. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    Forums would have to shut down if people only talked about cars that they have significant experience with.

The people who do own all these cars and have significant experience, say their piece and move on. Others just keep the conversation going.

16. graphicdisorder

graphicdisorder Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2015
    Johnson City, TN
    I just spent the weekend at VIR, my 570s was great on track for the car it is. I edged out a 2:14 lap on the full course, I am at beast a rookie at this stuff. Was just my second track weekend ever and first with my Mclaren. My buddy had his Performante there, he went a best 2:05 and it was just his second track weekend as well, first with his Performante. I took a lap with him and we went a 2:07 and it was a literally insane lap as that car is just a different level of grip/handling. He was doing 170 down the back straight with room to go on braking zone. I hit 169 with room to go as well but I doubt I could get much more. Differences in the corners were stark. He wasn't out running me in the straights, he was making all his time up in the corners.

17. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Your comments are exactly the type that car forums need more of. Much more. It is based on real life experience with the cars under discussion and verified by objective data. This post is edifying and enlightening. Greatly appreciated.

18. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Sound and appearance, but agree the LT will give it
    Well said.

19. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    I interpreted that he was a passenger in the 2:07 lap, not the driver. Not sure how that is objective?

20. graphicdisorder

Jan 11, 2015
    Johnson City, TN
    Some on this forum struggle with my comments on the 570s being so good as my 488 was a nightmare of problems for me. Still loved that car and frankly at times wish the 488 wasn't a turd for me as I would have kept it. BUT I do think the 570s with as nimble as it feels its a more rewarding car to drive fast. I dont think that means its a better car than a 488, as for sure id rather have the space in the 488 vs the 570s. Some on this forum also want to believe the Performante isn't a world class car. Frankly these people are insane.

nice likes this.
  21. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    No doubt the Perfomante is the real deal. Did you pilot the 2:07 lap? I've raced at VIR dozens of times and a 7 second lap time differential between those two street cars (same driver) would be impressive, although I expect the Perf had more track-y tires which can account for much of the time gained.

22. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Pretty clear to me. Poster did a 2:14 in his 570S. Buddy did it in 2:05 in his Performante. Then poster was a passenger with his buddy driving the Performante and recorded 2:07.

23. graphicdisorder

Jan 11, 2015
    Johnson City, TN
    No I was passenger in the Perfy, it had Corsa tires as well just like my 570s.

24. graphicdisorder

Jan 11, 2015
    Johnson City, TN
    Here is the video from my car. He's not posted his yet but we do have at least one of his sessions on gopro as well, happy to share it when he posts it.

25. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The tire excuse did not apply this time.