McLaren 600 LT!? | Page 6 | FerrariChat

McLaren 600 LT!?

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by iloveferrari, Jul 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nice

nice Karting

Feb 17, 2016
    Scottsdale/So Cal
    Now that is the truth! I had the same issue with my perf. With the helmet on, I had to slouch down and was so uncomfortable. It’s a track car for the 5’10 and under crowd. Nothing wrong with that so long as you are 5’10” or under.

2. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    I love the low roof lines and severely raked windshields of Lambos. but it appears to come with functional compromises.

3. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Since I own the spyder I'll comment here...I am 6'1" and the seating position is compromised. But not a deal breaker. I wouldnt drive it for a week trip across country for sure. But my race seats 458 spider I wouldnt either.

Fun car, super noisy, loud exterior, nice to have something different for a while.

4. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Each and every Lambo owner behaves that way. I feel totally comfortable speaking for all of them since they are a uniform group. Almost all, 99.7 %, buy a spider primarily so that they can yell out loudly " I'm driving a Lambo man- F boys". The loud yelling is necessary for the F boys who are legally blind. Comfort means nothing to Lambo owners so most will opt for those carbon fibre race seats because they look nice inspite of being achingly uncomfortable.

The only individuals with significantly less intelligence that what is being facetiously attributed to " Lambo guys"above, are those like "nice", who believe that human stereotyping is an acceptable form of behaviour.

5. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    BTW- The carbon fibre sport seats lowers the seating position by more than 2".

6. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I assume you will wrap your car in a loud, obnoxious color, install a ear blistering mod exhaust, while you are driving with the top down in 90 plus degree weather, shouting out loudly to the F boys.

7. graphicdisorder

graphicdisorder Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2015
    Johnson City, TN
    I am 6ft and had no issue riding in the Perfy with a helmut. Did have to put it on once IN the car, but thats hardly a big deal.

8. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    It's already a loud color, standard loud exhaust, and yes it's 90 here in SoCal.
    But as a Fcar owner, I wont yell at other owners. Often.

9. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    My first sit in the car had me draw the same conclusion. For me seating position is absolutely key in being able to enjoy the car and drive it properly and at 6' I was struggling to achieve the optimum seating position. Inside felt claustrophobic and gloomy - a lack of natural light. I didn't like that either. Then the poor line of sight out the windshield and woeful rear view was quite a surprise too! I began wondering wtf what were they thinking when they made this car!

HP may work for short people but I still can't see the line of sight being all that great due to the general design and ergonomic of the car. The lack of visibility out the rear is just plain awful. I guess the seat may be specially modified if one so desperately wanted the car but then it may be a case of sitting too close to the floor and that is going to tire your legs. Either-way those visibility issues aren't going away - can't see it.

nice likes this.
  10. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    This thread degenerates into Lambo vs Ferrari. I actually started this thread to discuss whether Ferrari should create a new segment of sports car below 488 in light of these emerging competitions from McLaren.

Shadowfax likes this.
  11. nice

nice Karting

Feb 17, 2016
    Scottsdale/So Cal
    Can’t argue with that ....

12. nice

nice Karting

Feb 17, 2016
    Scottsdale/So Cal
    I can see you are the captain of the dustman fan club. However dustman, and many others here, have agreed that space is limited in the spyder.

Profiling is fine snowflake. Discriminating is something completely different but perhaps you missed the fact that I’ve owned two huracans.

As for my intelligence, no offense taken given the source.

13. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Can’t we just talk about cars. Damn this is fking sad.
    I was excited to talk about the lambo vs mc vs f with my Fchatters

nice likes this.
  14. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    Your car is stunning. Love the looks and colour. I know the sound of the performante well, one of the best on the market today. Enjoy is good health.

I drove the car, the 720 Aventador and the standard huracan at the factory last summer.

Almost bought one (no extra garage space) ...but I ended up picking up the 812 FS.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    Price wise Ferrari has a model below the 488 with the Portofino. Releasing a second model in this price range (a rear/mid engine car like the McLaren Sport Series is) probably does not bring that much for Ferrari. I suspect FCA will position Alfa Romeo in this segment with the next 8C (or prob. 6C??).

16. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    It wouldn't make sense for Ferrari to build a lesser performing model than the 600LT which will at least be equal to the 488 if not outperform it.

17. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Bro - u are wrong IMO. Ok I am short (under 5'9"). I have the CF seats too. The car is just plain AWESOME in every way. I have done a two day 2000km trip in the HP and in many varying conditions and at speed most of the time and I find it the most engaging of the cars I have owned (and still own). Visibility is fine IMO as mirrors and vision out the back work well.

Having had/have Fcars, Pcars, Lcars and Mcars - and having driven then all over long distances, they are all fantastic. We can debate the "minutiae" and argue opinions but that's a waste of energy. Its your $'s and spend them anyway u like. Be happy we all can!!!

Coincid likes this.
  18. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    This remains to be seen; besides, the "lower model" - with which Ferrari may elect to compete - is the 570S, the 600 LT being its track-oriented version. Apart from die-hard Mc supporters (I know there are some around ;) ) no one is claiming the 570S outperforms the 488 GTB.

19. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    People still believe there will be a new Dino?

BTW, everything we knew is out of the window. Marchionne was ousted today. John Elkann is the new President of Ferrari.

20. JohnTz

JohnTz Karting

Jun 21, 2018
    Inverness, IL
    Full Name:
    John Tz
    He wasn’t ousted. The man is seriously ill.

21. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    He definitely wasn't ousted. He's grown shareholder value by like 800% since he took over. He had surgery and apparently there were complications.

22. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    I'm pulling the trigger on a 600LT.

Other than a LaF or TdF, both out of my affordability, no modern Ferrari has excited me as much as a McLaren 600LT. Best part of things so far is I have not had to deal with any dealership theatrics to get one...transparent and straight forward just the way I like it. For something different in terms of product and process/journey, I think McLaren is a great choice, only thing I worry about now is depreciation...Macs hold value for sh!et, just look at the 675LT...

23. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Awesome congrats.

24. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    As much as I love the Perf I had the same problem fitting into the Huracan. I’m 6’3” with long legs. It’s not happening. Sucks but it is what it is. I had feeling crammed into the drivers seat.

Shadowfax and nice like this.