488 - 488 Pista Picture Thread | Page 59 | FerrariChat

488 488 Pista Picture Thread

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by -CD-, Feb 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    The more I look at those pics the more I like it stripeless. I know I’m in the minority but I cant get past the whole stripe look. It just reminds me of redneck cars from the 70’s that we’re trying to hard. Still, I understand the fascination given that Ferrari puts them on their launch cars. Funny thing is, nobody (or very few) would even think of getting them if that wasn’t the case. I’m sure glad they didn’t put them on the Supercars (or countless other cars for that matter).

2. waterking

waterking Karting
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 15, 2011
    Texas
    "When it comes to car colors, men apparently aren't a subtle bunch.
    Men prefer blazing bright car colors, according to a new study by auto sales and research site iSeeCars.com, which examined the color preferences of men and women.
    The top colors that men prefer are yellow and orange, while women's top preferences brightened up a little this year with teal and gold as their preferred colors. Beige, which was ranked second last year for women, dropped to sixth this year.
    Bright colors may impact more than aesthetics, as the study found that vehicles painted in men's top color choice -- yellow -- cost about $9,500 more than the typical price for teal cars, which are preferred by women, the study found. The bright colors liked by men tend to accompany flashy body styles such as sporty coupes and convertibles, which may help explain the price differences. For instance, convertibles made up only 1.9 percent of all cars in 2016, yet about 13.3 percent of yellow cars were convertibles."

3. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    ..too much political correctness going on here with the color talk.... next thing I'll be hearing is pink is the new male favorite :rolleyes:

GTB looks fine without strip but Pista genuinely looks weird (IMO) w/o stripe like somethings missing..... like an eagle w/o feathers. Nothing to do with the marketing at all - more a case of obvious abnormality which I put down to the stubby hood design and the abundance of lower dark colored accents. The stripe pulls it all together. Colored in black it (may) not look so weird but in red for sure somethings not working visually.

stavura, Caeruleus11 and 09Scuderia like this.
  4. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    Definitely room for different opinions. Cookie cutter cars would make it boring. As far as trying too hard it can be a slippery slope argument considering any differentiation or customization. Varying levels and I would say a stripe similar to launch specs from the manufacturer is a bad example.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  5. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Don't know if that's a P-Shop
    [​IMG]

JohnTz, F2003-GA and Shadowfax like this.
  6. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    It's definitely a hot looking car in pretty well all colors - with a stripe that is.

That said, you wouldn't catch me in a pink one.:)

7. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    that is a funny observation...stripes are very Dukes of Hazard and very redneck.

It can be argued that a stripe-free Pista looks 10x more classy. The stripe really does dominate what is otherwise a very beautiful sculpted body.

I owned a Scuderia. NO ONE ever accused that car of being beautiful.

Pista = beautiful.

I ordered with stripes because I an neither classy and maybe,...just maybe...a bit of a redneck....the Dukes of Hazard was my favorite show as a kid. HAH

stavura, JagShergill and Boomhauer like this.
  8. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

HAHA. Fair enough.

JagShergill likes this.
  9. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    IMO Looks Pinkish I thought Ferrari did Not allow that :confused:

tkachguy likes this.
  10. roccob01

roccob01 Rookie

Feb 22, 2015
    Green Pista anyone

https://www.facebook.com/173013032759450/posts/1897674440293292/

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

of2worlds, babgh, NEP and 4 others like this.
  11. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
  12. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I don't agree with the "redneck" comment about cars from the 70s as "trying too hard" - but I think I understand where you are coming from. I might have said something similar 20 years ago. It's just how they did it back then. Anyway, my take, I have seen the Pista up close and personal several times now, but never stripeless, however, I did try to imagine it without a stripe, and I think the car would be lacking- like its missing a detail.

In the end, it will be your car, so you have to be happy with it, and if it is offered sans stripe, then you can have it your way and every time you look at it you will be happy. You are in the lucky position to be able to spec one. That's all that matters.

PS- I owned a Scud and I constantly got "that car is beautiful" comments. Aside from that, I thought it was beautiful. Alas, in a moment of weakness, I thought it might be too rough for the road. One of the car sale regrets I have.

Shadowfax likes this.
  13. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Camlet's futur car, not my cup of tea at first sight, but who cares, Congrats Camlet, you created your own Tailor made beast!

Still don't get you green car accident theory, I personnaly think it's BS (I don't want to offend you in any way :) ) unless you have statistical or scientifical proofs

Caeruleus11 and Camlet1 like this.
  14. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    Here's the renders of my Pista. It's a new colour which I've named Verde Francesca; it's based on a 1950s colour Verde Tevere, which I believe was a Maserati colour.

The are several details, like the white dreamlines and green paint on paddles and centre rings. My approach FWIW, is that one of the key attributes of Ferrari (in my opinion) is its magical ability (over seven decades) to combine extreme performance with sublime elegance. I'm biased but I do not believe any other marque does this so well, and so consistently (across all forms of motor sport). It's how I've approached the speccing of all my modern Ferrari models. My ambition is always to try and combine historic elegance with the extreme performance.

The Pista has many beautiful fine details. The brief to myself was I wanted a scheme that was different, would continue the above approach and which would embrace the beauty of Mr Manzoni's wonderful creation.

My Pista will be delivered with carbon wheels (I fell in love with them at Geneva) and my dealer will retro supply a set of silver rims too.

Ferrari were super to deal with, I created a swatch in the UK which I then took to Maranello; Ferrari then created its version, which was perfect first time and I've signed it off. When the grim reaper one day comes to call I will happily give him the middle finger and smile at the freedom and experiences these hard earned moments bring :D.

Forza Ferrari.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

babgh, TomTom77, NEP and 17 others like this.
  15. rockminster

rockminster Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2003
    Lake Tahoe
    ^
    I love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Camlet1 likes this.
  16. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

Bravo! While I can't say it is my taste, it is your beauty and that's what matters. Can't wait to see real pics of it when it's "alive". Thanks for sharing.

Camlet1 likes this.
  17. R8 BKK

R8 BKK Rookie

May 13, 2015
    UK
    Full Name:
    Duncan
    Certainly looking forward to seeing that one in the UK - well Done!

JagShergill likes this.
  18. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    forever that will be a special car. Historically speaking unique cars can become almost mythical. People refer to them like they are blue diamonds. Or in your case...green. Lovely car.

Camlet1 likes this.
  19. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    JagShergill and Camlet1 like this.
  20. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Wow Camlet as usual you did an amazing job with your spec - How much extra $$ was the color ?

Camlet1 likes this.
  21. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    Thanks bud.

Er, tbc. Yeah I know what you're gonna say. But what price the experience? And anyway it's an investment, right ;)

22. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    NEP, stavura, Camlet1 and 3 others like this.
  23. 2GT

2GT Formula 3

Aug 25, 2008
    Western NY
    Full Name:
    Fred

I think that's just about the most beautiful green car I've ever seen! Fred

of2worlds and Camlet1 like this.
  24. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France