Speciale Market | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Speciale Market

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by DM1, Jan 21, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DM1

DM1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2006
    Southwest
    Full Name:
    DM
    Any current Speciale Sales lately? Looking to see where the Market is today.

2. Dansage

Dansage Karting

May 20, 2012
    Piggybacking on this hoping to see if I can talk any discount for a none RC/Nart car

3. Clay512TR

Clay512TR Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2015
    Sammamish, WA
    Full Name:
    Clayton Lee Stephens
    Discount? Go to a freakin Nissan or Ford Store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Dansage

Dansage Karting

May 20, 2012
    Do you not negotiate when buying a car for yourself....?

5. Clay512TR

Clay512TR Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2015
    Sammamish, WA
    Full Name:
    Clayton Lee Stephens
    I don’t look for discounts in a Ferrari because I know the spec/options I want, the mileage I am comfortable with, the market for the base, and the value of solid maintenance and care. I will pay to acquire quality vs save and deal with “stories”. Will I buy an over priced example, absolutely not, but I also won’t negotiate on a spec I want with a price that reflects quality and pride of ownership.

StoryBook likes this.
  6. Dansage

Dansage Karting

May 20, 2012
    Completely understand. My comment was meant more of what I can expect to get in relation to the premiums a rosso corsa car would get vs a less in demand color. I'm personally looking at one in Pozzi which is obviously less in demand and as such draws less $.

7. PininfarinaSF

PininfarinaSF Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 21, 2004
    CA
    I don’t want to draw any fire or criticism so as always below is just my experience:

I have been seriously looking for a Speciale for a little while and what I find at current is that cars priced in the 400+ range don’t seem to sell at all regardless of miles and/or options, cars with less than 1,000 miles seem to move in the low 390s, nicely optioned cars with 1,000 - 2,000 miles seem to move in the 380s, poorly optioned cars with 1,000 - 2,000 miles seem to move in the mid to high 370s, 5000+ cars seem to move below the 350 mark.

Price seems to be determined much more based on mileage than on options/msrp.

I can’t find a single person who will admit to paying in the 400s for a Speciale. Many dealers claim to me that they have sold cars quickly in that range.

Ferrari of Houston had a beautiful red car with full carbon fiber, capristo exhaust, 404 miles and sold close to 390.

I know of one exceptionally beautiful, unique, and high msrp car that sold at 390 with 2,500 miles.

It is my option that the Speciale market has softened noticeably since I started seriously looking about six months ago.

Would greatly appreciate hearing others experiences.

8. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    Yet it is all that much harder to find one in Pozzi...

You likely won't get many chances to buy one and if you mess around on price too much and miss a Blu Pozzi car you will have to wait quite a long time to find one.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Clay512TR likes this.
  9. Dansage

Dansage Karting

May 20, 2012
    I've got a tentative deal on it. Now sorting through the current owners FFS lien and then all set.

of2worlds likes this.
  10. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    Ahh nice you found a Pozzi car..best of luck. Fantastic color and hard to find!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

11. QueueCumber

QueueCumber Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2015
    CT
    Full Name:
    QC
    Please, I beg of you, don't put gold wheels on it. I've seen a Pozzi around my area with gold wheels on it...

iloveferrari, dustman and Clay512TR like this.
  12. Dansage

Dansage Karting

May 20, 2012
    I think gold wheels on a blue car look very odd. My car will have satin grey wheels.

Clay512TR and QueueCumber like this.
  13. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    what were these cars selling for at their peak?

14. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    #214 obbob, Jun 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    Speciale market was very slow back in March for some reason. However, recently it’s been much more active.

I counted about 8 Speciale selling the past month. Prices are still lowering but at a VERY slow pace.

Most cars are still going for over MSRP unless it has 10K miles or more and/or has a bloated window sticker ($390K+ MSRP).

The cars that are tastefully optioned sell quite quickly now. The cars that sit tend to have bizarre color schemes (sorry, but a bright red and yellow interior with a blue exterior is not going to have an easy time finding a buyer).

15. Dansage

Dansage Karting

May 20, 2012
    Chiming in here...I just bought another speciale, 9k miles for 315k including 2 years of power warranty. Car belonged to two fchatters before me.

of2worlds and G. Pepper like this.
  16. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Oh wow.... you must be rich?

17. Clay512TR

Clay512TR Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2015
    Sammamish, WA
    Full Name:
    Clayton Lee Stephens
    Reread my post as I talk about a process and strategy, not about over paying.

18. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Ha. Yeah..... We've all bought Ferrari's man. It' OK to inquire about where the market is.

19. MrRdStr

MrRdStr Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    AJ.
  20. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
  21. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    I'm really scratching my head as to how that car hit $412K MSRP, yet is missing options such as suspension lifter or parking sensors. I believe matte paint is a $30K upcharge, but surely the matte carbon fiber isn't another $30K (on top of the standard carbon fiber cost)?

22. bobbyd

bobbyd Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2003
    Recent mid spec red Speciale with stripe and less than 400 miles on it sold through my local dealer ar over $400K. Just FYI. Seems like mileage trumps all other factors as others have stated..

of2worlds likes this.
  23. PininfarinaSF

PininfarinaSF Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 21, 2004
    CA
    That car sold for $400,000. I regret not buying it myself but I was on the fence because the interior was leather and to me the track versions of these cars should have alcantara.

Does anyone have any leads on a red car with NART stripe, launch interior, high MSRP? I have seen the one listed by Evan Paul but that car has black in the stripe where it should be blue which ruins it for me.

24. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    you can get discounts on good cars, costs nothing to try.

25. JohnTz

JohnTz Karting

Jun 21, 2018
    Inverness, IL
    Full Name:
    John Tz
    There are three in the showroom in Newport Beach Ferrari as of last night. Just drove by after hours and looked through the windows. Their used inventory is insane. Must have had at least 8 488 GTB and Spiders. About as many regular 458 as well.