My 2019 488 GTB has arrived -- photos | FerrariChat

My 2019 488 GTB has arrived -- photos

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by lukeb817, Aug 16, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lukeb817

lukeb817 Rookie

Oct 17, 2017
    Cincinnati, OH
    Picked up my new 488 GTB yesterday at MAG in Columbus, OH. I was only able to enjoy it for about 20 minutes as I drove straight to Esoteric in New Albany (https://www.esotericdetail.com/) for paint correction, full PPF wrap, and to install Novitec exhaust (to be delivered shortly from TAG). Short but awesome drive - looking forward to getting it down to Cincinnati in a couple of weeks to put some real miles on it. First impressions were good, but it was a very short drive.

My Spec:
    *Rosso Corsa exterior over Nero interior with Rosso STC2 contrast stitching, Rosso lower dash and central tunnel, Rosso headrest horse, Rosso seat belts, yellow tachometer
    *Gialo Modena brake calipers
    *Scuderia shields
    *Forged diamond wheels
    *Mirrors/Homelink (only way to get power folding mirrors w/ the race seats)
    *Front suspension lifter and AFS
    *Goldrake seats with additional height adjustment/lifter and Rosso stripe down the middle
    *Carbon fiber/LED steering wheel
    *Front and rear parking sensors
    *Rear camera (appears to have been included in the new increase base price)
    *Michelin tires

Planned Mods:
    *MyRicambi carbon fiber engine bay components
    *Novitec valveless exhaust
    *Extended carbon fiber shift paddles

A few photos, below:

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 458-Italia

458-Italia Formula 3

Jan 10, 2014
    France
    Nice spec !:)

3. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Beautiful spec. Congratulations!

4. Principissimo

Principissimo Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2015
    Milano
    Full Name:
    Bruno
    Really nice specs ;)

5. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
  6. klinkman

klinkman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Eric
    nice spec, grats

7. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nice rig bro. Save travels and all the best. Kirk.

8. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    gorgeous. congratulations. I like the body colored splitter in the air intakes on the sides (versus carbon), and the level of red accents inside without being RED.

9. ebw001

ebw001 Karting

Jul 10, 2017
    Looks amazing and congrats! got word today in fact that our 19 spider has arrived at the port. Hopefully we’ll both be enjoying them soon !

10. lukeb817

lukeb817 Rookie

Oct 17, 2017
    Cincinnati, OH
    Thanks! It was important to me to have as many body-colored exterior components as possible, it has always been my preference going back to mid/late 90s when my friends and I went to great lengths to match paint all of the black plastic body components on our cars. Re: the interior...I spent WAY too much time agonizing over how far to go with the red accents -- I'm pretty happy where I landed. My original spec when I placed the deposit was Bianco Avus with the standard red interior (seats, door inserts, lower dash, center tunnel)...but when I switched the exterior to Rosso Corsa in the last couple of weeks before locking the order, I really wanted to keep some red on the interior, but the full red package just didn't seem to work. This spec seemed like a good way to get several pops of red in there without going over the top.

Excellent -- hopefully you are just a couple of weeks away from delivery!

of2worlds likes this.
  11. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Congrats

That’s really weird, mine just arrived and it’s a 2018

12. lukeb817

lukeb817 Rookie

Oct 17, 2017
    Cincinnati, OH
    Wow, that is weird. What was the build date? Did it sit at the port for a long time? Did you have to pay the new higher base price?

13. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Great job spec. your car both interior & exterior wise. I's sure you will enjoy your ride to the fullest!

jcl50 likes this.
  14. MrF355

MrF355 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Kimi
    Congratulations. Lovely spec inside and out.

15. sakodik

sakodik Karting

Jun 2, 2016
    Santa Clara
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Cool, I didn't know that about the power mirror.

16. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Even though it may appear you drew the short straw I wouldn't worry too much about it tbh. Fwiw I got mine new Nov 2017 and it turns out it's a 2024 model going by the VIN (which is where it all matters apparently) so I'm pretty relaxed about the whole year model thing.

PS. Congrats OP that's a might fine looking rig you have there. Very nice spec indeed!

17. Cyrek

Cyrek Karting

Mar 24, 2015
    Great to see the seats I don’t think they’re ordered often enough beautiful car congrats

18. F355GTB

F355GTB Karting

Jul 9, 2012
    Nice interior..

19. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Gorgeous. Enjoy.

20. cavsct94

cavsct94 Karting

Aug 26, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Wonderful! Enjoy!

21. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    MANDALAY, Baitschev and of2worlds like this.
  22. lukeb817

lukeb817 Rookie

Oct 17, 2017
    Cincinnati, OH
    Thanks! I love the seats -- they were a "must-have" option, along with the red stripe. I fell in love with them the first time I test drove a 458. When I started out shopping for a pre-owned 458 and then looking at pre-owned 488s, the goldrake racing seats were a non-negotiable option for me and made it hard to find the right combination of options on the secondary market. When I was building my spec, my wife almost punched me when I told her how much they cost, and that they have manual adjustment...and if you want height adjustment, it is extra...and only for the driver!

Looks awesome, I hope you are enjoying it! When I put down the deposit, I was expecting mine to be a 2018, but when the order was about to lock and I gave final sign-off on the spec, I was informed it would be a 2019. Must have been right on the line

Motorwerks likes this.
  23. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Very nice 488 spec with those silver wheels! Any more pictures, how did you spec the interior?

24. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    congrats!

25. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Bet you can't wait for the PPF to get done. You still have plenty of driving days left though. Enjoy it!