Ferrari pulled over for driving 137 mph | FerrariChat

Ferrari pulled over for driving 137 mph

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rocketman, Aug 21, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I wonder if she had the car in “wet” mode since it was raining ? :rolleyes:

2. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    $335 fine ? that's peanuts .In many countries your licence would be toast.

3. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I thought 25 over and you are going to jail and car impounded.

In AZ, anything over 86mph gets you a misdemeanor, up to class 1, which is same as DUI. They can also add a reckless driving charge depending on the other circumstances. 500+ fine and up to 30 days in jail.

So be careful out there.

Robb

JoeTSI likes this.
  4. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    What about the hellcat guy who went 197
    Ferrari drivers are wimps.

5. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I've gone faster on motorcycles.

6. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    The rules are different if you're a very attractive woman in a low cut top. ;)

Guys like me get handcuffed and pistol whipped for the same offense.

F12KID, daveyator, Shamile and 2 others like this.
  7. deshapiro

deshapiro Karting

Sep 25, 2015
    On public streets?

8. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
  9. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    I was in BT's 348 on Alligator Alley going at least 140 back in the day.....we were at the tail end of a pack so many guys were driving much faster.

10. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    No, in very remote rural areas. Valleys in which I could see from vanishing point to vanishing point. Almost completely safe. A hazard only to jackrabbits, coyotes and myself.

paulchua and dallastide like this.
  11. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    in switzerland that would be a 20k fine, loss of license, and 6 months jail time.

and now, i am on my way to iowa !!

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  12. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    unfortunately, admitting this on the internet is no longer advisable.....

13. deshapiro

deshapiro Karting

Sep 25, 2015
    Sorry, I must tespectfully disagree with you and with the judge. I don’t care if somebody who is speeding that fast wraps themselves around a tree or grinds themselves into road paste. It’s the danger to anybody else on the road who may not have the reflexes or ability to respond when placed in an untenable situation.

As an orthopedic surgeon specializing in spinal injuries, I saw and took care of plenty of drivers and passengers in the wrong place at the wrong time.

David

14. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Did she get out of second gear?

dmundy and Ferrari 308 GTB like this.
  15. dmundy

dmundy Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 11, 2010
    Unspecified
    Full Name:
    Arthur Dent
    So”as an orthopedic surgeon” you only own cars that go the sped limit? And if you accidentally buy one made later than say, 1935 you wouldn’t use it to break the law, correct?

Looking for an eye roll emoji....

16. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Interesting sub topics
    First one; the internet which used to be a place of freedom is now a place where the “state” and “mass” records and monitors everything you say, plus it not only can but will be used gainst ypu.

Second; there is an inverse relationship between how fast/capable cars have gotten and how fast you are plausibly allowed to use them. This is coupled with the “use ability” of moderns which allows them to more than adequately cope with everyday use but makes them even less rewarding at attainable speeds.

Partly in response we see the growth of trackdays. Does ferrari actually make a product optimized for this environment, seems like the last one was maybe the F40.

I’ll pose a question, would. A modern car that was fun to drive at road speeds yet capable/durable on track actually sell. Seems most want implied performance with comfort or ridiculous spec (1000 hp)

I really like the new Renault. Alpine, looks great in the flesh and they’re backordered to 19. Seems like maybe they got the balance and formula right.

As to keystrokes being recorded forever. Let’s just say that I hear on a BB the aero changes radically between lights on or off or windows down or up.

17. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Does that mean everyone has to break the speed limit because their vehicle is capable? Do you own a gun? Do you empty its rounds daily even if you have nothing to shoot at?

18. deshapiro

deshapiro Karting

Sep 25, 2015
    Actually, I've owned, and still own cars that will go fast. I don't drive faster than the prevailing traffic. Please don't mistake me for a self-righteous "only go the limit". But there is a point where your speed puts somebody else at risk. If you don't recognize that, well then, you probably shouldn't have a license. Have you actually ever seen anybody whose been in a recent, devastating, car accident?

19. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Your argument focuses on putting "someone else" at risk. How, in GPepper's example, is anyone but the driver at risk? Unless a pedestrian teleports into the road, there is no one else.

daytona355 likes this.
  20. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    What is said on the internet is not under oath. You could say I made it all up!

Texas Forever and daytona355 like this.
  21. dmundy

dmundy Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 11, 2010
    Unspecified
    Full Name:
    Arthur Dent
    Nope. But clearly there is no need for a car developed past a 1st gen RX7 (take your pick of other example.) congrats on 100% staying under the speed limit.

Still looking for the eye roll emoji.

22. dmundy

dmundy Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 11, 2010
    Unspecified
    Full Name:
    Arthur Dent
    I raced for 15 years. I saw people die. Not sure if that qualifies for your standards.

Texas Forever and brianweekes like this.
  23. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Not in itself..... speed has to be proven to take action after the event... the poster if pulled up on it only has to say it was a bravado post, and the officers couldn’t prove where, when, how or how fast... simples.

Now, if the full details of something with dates, times etc were offered up, maybe that could be different as it would be a specific admission of guilt. Since no one would be daft enough to go into enough details for that to stick, I think we are all safe here!

24. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Don’t alpines get hot and catch fire? Oops, I’d rather be quick and cool than slower and fried! Hehe