SCUD BUMPER? | FerrariChat

SCUD BUMPER?

Discussion in '360/430' started by aleary360, Aug 28, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. aleary360

aleary360 Karting

Nov 23, 2015
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Al Leary
  2. firewire

firewire Rookie

Feb 23, 2008
    I would go for the original F430 bumper to retain the originality of your car. Should you need to sell it in the future you won't have to explain the mismatch bumper.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

blackbolt22 likes this.
  3. BruceC

BruceC Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2018
    Tucson, AZ
    There have been others on FC that have converted their 430s to look like a SCUD. I like the look. Maintaining originality can be of value to certain buyers, but I see plenty of listings for 430s highlighting various aftermarket mods and I'm not convinced everyone looking for a 430 will necessarily be in the market for an all original car. I've made a few changes on mine, the most significant being the Brembo GT Big Brake kit and I have no regrets.

4. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I'm afraid it's not a bolt on by any means and there's a fair amount of labour required to fit it properly.

In my opinion when fitted in isolation it makes the rest of the stock parts "not quite enough".

5. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    I say go for it. I have the oem scud bumper on mine and absolutely love it. Makes the car so much more aggressive, was never a fan of the original bumper. It is not a straight bolt on however the under tray needs to be cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manda racing likes this.
  6. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    Please don’t. Nothing grinds my gears more than seeing Scud clones. As a Scud owner I hate seeing it. However your car your choice. Just know that when you’re encountered by other owners there will be some praise and some judgement and hate. I don’t judge but I’m a purist so I like things the way there were fundamentally.

7. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    "In my opinion when fitted in isolation it makes the rest of the stock parts 'not quite enough'."

Agree with this.

8. PKIM

PKIM Karting

Jan 1, 2004
    Redlands
    Full Name:
    Paul
    If your worried about resale then go OEM. Also do what you like, don't worry about what others think. I myself love the Scud front end makes the 430 more aggressive and mean!

9. vv23

vv23 Karting

Jan 8, 2009
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Full Name:
    V V
    Go Scud. Its your car.

XLNLIFE likes this.
  10. aleary360

aleary360 Karting

Nov 23, 2015
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Al Leary
    I have a feeling I was going to get different opinion and I do appreciate your feedback. Thank you!!!
    I'm still undecided for now.

XLNLIFE likes this.
  11. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    Can’t disagree there. I love the squared intakes makes the front end look so much more manly!

XLNLIFE likes this.
  12. fc2

fc2 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Nov 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley Ca.
    Full Name:
    Frank C.
    If you change the bumper and sell your car, the purist won't be interested... but I think there are way more people who'll want a cool looking car (like yours would look with the Scud bumper) than purists who'd shy away from a mod'ed car.

Just my opinion.

13. aleary360

aleary360 Karting

Nov 23, 2015
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Al Leary
    If it was not from my car hitting a debri on the fwy I was happy with my original bumper as is. I had no intention on changing it
    It just happens that the dealer is giving options since it's going thru my insurance anyway.
    Just saying

14. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    It is good of your dealer to do that.

15. Zcobra1

Zcobra1 Formula 3

Oct 9, 2012
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Bert
    I would do a Scud bumper without hesitation. Since you have documented the replacement, and on top of that with a dealer, I would look at it as a gift horse if it was me. I would jump on a car modded as such....Do not care what others think of my mods on my car, neither should you.
    With those rims, Scud bumper and a Big Brake kit up front, car will look stellar !

XLNLIFE and BruceC like this.