Want to Drive: F355 6-speed Berlinetta near Georgia... | FerrariChat

Want to Drive: F355 6-speed Berlinetta near Georgia...

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by F_NERO, Aug 27, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F_NERO

F_NERO Rookie

Aug 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Kevin Yates
    Would anyone be willing to allow me to drive their's? I know this may be faux pas, but I had to ask just in case there was a small chance of there being a "YES."

Hello FChat community. I am a new member looking to enter into the Ferrari ownership world. I really want to buy an F355 Berlinetta with the gated 6-speed, but I have never driven one to know if I truly like it. In addition to that, the available options are not close to me to even test drive so I wanted to pose a question...

Local to Atlanta would be great, but SC, TN, AL, FL... I wouldn't mind taking a road trip to see just how awesome this car is AND get some first hand experience from an actual owner.

Thanks in advance!

2. Smyrna355Spider

Smyrna355Spider F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 9, 2008
    In my Garage
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Kevin, I am not trying to be sarcastic, but what you are asking is a lot like asking someone to test drive their wife because you want to get married. :D

I know that is a pretty extreme simile but a lot of us really love our Ferrari and giving a ride is a lot different than handing over the keys to someone. I suggest you go to a dealer and if you are a serious buyer you will be able to drive the car you are considering. JMHO :)

F_NERO likes this.
  3. F_NERO

F_NERO Rookie

Aug 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Kevin Yates
    I knew it was a long shot, but if you don't ask the question you won't get the answer.

I understand your position, but there are some people out there that don't mind sharing (experiences). For me, if there was a genuinely interested enthusiast looking to join in on the Ferrari fun, I may be inclined to help bring them along.

In regards to test drives, there is essentially one available in my area and after seeing the car in person I can confirm I am not interested in that one. It was in such bad shape that I did not want to ask about a test drive because there was NO way I was going to buy it for what they were asking.

Thank you for your input tho and I understand where you are coming from, but I do know people who would give me the keys to anything they own (including Ferraris) for the weekend without blinking an eye. In this particular situation my search is unique and I do not know anyone who owns an F355 6 speed.

4. Smyrna355Spider

Smyrna355Spider F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 9, 2008
    In my Garage
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I am sure you are right. If I had enough money to buy multiple f cars, I would probably toss you the keys as well. However, I cannot afford two much less three or more, so I just couldn't do it. :)

5. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    If I could have afforded a 355 at the time I wanted to buy a Ferrari, it would have been a 6-speed (and a GTS) but I couldn't afford one. Today I could afford to sell my 328 and buy such a 355, but now I'm happy with what I've got.

F_NERO likes this.
  6. stibbett

stibbett Karting

Mar 19, 2018
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Simon Tibbett
    I don't think his request is far fetched. It's just a car!

I mean people throw me their Ferrari keys at a track so surely someone can let a potential owner drive one on the road just to get a feel. ;)

The 355 is one of my favorites, such a pretty car, simple and elegant. Good luck!

F_NERO likes this.
  7. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I can offer up a 360 stick but not a 355, sorry.

F_NERO likes this.
  8. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    I'm on the other end of the spectrum with a 348.

sjd

F_NERO likes this.
  9. F_NERO

F_NERO Rookie

Aug 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Kevin Yates
    Did you have an opportunity to test drive before you made your purchase?

10. F_NERO

F_NERO Rookie

Aug 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Kevin Yates
    Thanks! I know it is a far fetched request, but I had to ask.

11. F_NERO

F_NERO Rookie

Aug 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Kevin Yates
    Andy,

Thank you so much for the offer!

12. F_NERO

F_NERO Rookie

Aug 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Kevin Yates
    I can't wait to get one and meet you guys!

13. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I drove the car about 10 minutes, but I was pretty sure I was going to buy it anyway.

14. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Tell him that, as a bonus, he can also have a Fiat 500 drive!!:D

4re308 likes this.